Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:At this point, I think we will have plenty. Even for a few more guys this year and a great one next year!
not sure, tell me the contracts you think those guys get?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:not sure, tell me the contracts you think those guys get?
I couldn't begin to tell you because I don't go too hard into the financial part of it. I bet bortles is atleast in the 5-6 year range 110+ mil.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:How often are playoff teams 'made' by free Agency?
 Not a lot but we do have a good core already so a few good signings during free agency could've really helped us. So the team wouldn't have been "made by free agency'.

@HaysCarlyon Not getting Vernon wouldn't be a disaster had #Jaguars landed Janoris Jenkins. Needed to get at least two dynamic defenders. No excuses.

Quote:I don't recall Jenkins or Smith even being mentioned by anyone but on this board, so I don't know how you can call that 'letting them get away'. 
Is CB not a position that everyone could agree we could use a upgrade on?

Quote:Whew, I think we dodged a bullet. 

https://twitter.com/xGilx/status/707874445013209090

https://twitter.com/xGilx/status/707874384296415232
That fits with what I was saying why I didnt want him, he seemed like he would not like if Fowler got his snaps and just take the money. Where as Bruce Irvin wanted to be here and even followed Fowler on twitter. 

Glad we didnt over pay Vernon and I said that from day 1

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:@HaysCarlyon Not getting Vernon wouldn't be a disaster had #Jaguars landed Janoris Jenkins. Needed to get at least two dynamic defenders. No excuses.

Malik Jackson. Tashaun Gipson. Can this guy count?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Malik Jackson. Tashaun Gipson. Can this guy count?

He's saying Gipson is not a dynamic defender.

@amanda1010xl Vernon makes it clear that NY is "sexier" than Jax. Money wasn't the issue in this deal. https://t.co/BTgBCgv7Z2

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 10:36 AM by D-Money.)

Quote:Marks

Fowler

Jackson

Gipson

Jack/Bosa/Ramsey

Ivory

Yes, I think those additions to the team make use a playoff team.

Depending how Marks returns, and how Fowler does his first year. Jackson should be proven. Haven't watched Gipson that much to know how much of a difference he will make. Again, rookies are questionable. And Ivory we will see, our offense was already good.  So we have 1 to 2 that are proven. Our main issue was pass rush, and we didn't do everything we could to try to improve it, with all the money for free agents that we had. 

Quote:He's saying Gipson is not a dynamic defender.
LOL yea a guy who has 14 picks and over 300 yards on returns and 2 TDs isnt a dynamic defender ummm ok Hayes 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

He's wrong but no matter what Dave does their will always be people that are upset. Some people just like to [BLEEP]. You ever notice it's usually the same people every time.

If you would've asked me before FA if I wanted Gipson or Jenkins, I would've said Gipson all day.

What does Hayes do besides retweet everyone else's opinions?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If you would've asked me before FA if I wanted Gipson or Jenkins, I would've said Gipson all day.

This

Quote:He's saying Gipson is not a dynamic defender.

The Janoris Jenkins contract is almost as ridiculous as the Vernon contract. Especially for a guy who isn't all that and who I project will be placed in the league's substance abuse program within the next two years. This team got better. Much better. And we aren't done. If beat writers were GMs... imagine what Woody Paige would have the Broncos doing..
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:LOL yea a guy who has 14 picks and over 300 yards on returns and 2 TDs isnt a dynamic defender ummm ok Hayes

And this

Caldwell is spending but he's not going to overspend and put this team's future at risk. Bortles, Smith, and the Allen's will all command big pay days. Bortles may potentially end up being the highest paid QB with the way these QB contracts are going now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

@atlantafalcons Official: DE Adrian Clayborn returns and we've added DE Derrick Shelby. #RiseUp https://t.co/RuDHZWkBel

Someone needs to tell Hays Carlyon that nobody gives a damn about his "top 20 free agent rankings". This fat lard would be more useful giving us his top 20 sandwich rankings