Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:Yes we were after Jenkins
Source?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think you should base where a player ranks on PFF though. I like Ayers a lot, but I'd rather look at the tape of him as well as talk to people that watched him (that aren't salty about him leaving) and get a realistic idea of him.

Don't think PFF ranking him top 10 means the guy will be a top end pass rusher. I don't expect that from Ayers and I like him. I do expect him to help get pressure on the QB. Whether thats 6 sacks or its 10 sacks, if he helps this defense get pressure on the QB and help our defense improve, IDC.

Also, let's wait a bit before we flat out assume Ayers is ours. I'm not sticking my hand on that hot burner for a third time in less than 48 hours.

Quote:Source?
"The players the Jaguars missed out on were a Who’s Who of free agency. All on the Jaguars’ radar but headed elsewhere were free safety Rodney McLeod (Philadelphia), guard J.R. Sweezy (Tampa Bay), cornerback Janoris Jenkins (Giants) and the aforementioned Vernon."

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ource-says

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:My thoughts. I do think we need an extra corner for nickel situations though, unless they feel Marshall has progressed enough.
I agree. Colvin is very good inside VS the slot.

But I will not accept such hyperbole about a good player.

I wouldn't be mad at drafting Ramsey to play CB. But I would prefer to get Myles Jack and address CB in some other way (round 2, mid tier fa, is Grimes still available?)

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 04:00 PM by GlockBortles.)

Nothing against colvin the scenario I envisioned had colvin at slot but if hes outside then the slot is weak

And even if colvins outside he is still very susceptible to getting worked. Either way we could def use another guy.

Ayers would be a good edition to rotate with Fowler.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Fowler jackson marks/odrick ayers can be very effective in passing situations imo. Marks inside allowed our leo to be productive. Jackson is expected to do the same. Him at 3 tech and marks at nose tackle WILL give our edge rushers plenty one vs one on the outsides.

Quote:That is what I though.  Maybe Dave is honed in on Ramsey or VHIII?  I just cannot fathom him not pursuing Jenkins or Smith if CB is a high priority for him.
They like Colvin and House. They believe the main problems with the D were the front 7 and free safety and I tend to agree. The corners can only do so much when the guys upfront allow the QB all day to throw the ball.

Ex-Wyoming Safety Tashaun Gipson > Ex-Wyoming Safety Chris Prosinski
Only a chump boos the home team!

Toby Gerhart countdown!

Quote:Well ya know, I watched maybe 8 Giants games last year...and I sure as heck didn't focus all of my attention on Ayers.

But you know who did? Two guys from PFF independently watched, charted, and graded every single snap that Ayers played.

Why the heck would you not give credence to that? There's no way any of us have a better feel for what he did last season than they do.
how do you know they watch as much as they say they do? I dont believe it as you can tell by their grades. Gene Smith watched as well. I do think some grades are accurate but its not as good as some think. If you havent seen some horrible and off the wall grades frim that site I dont know what to tell uou

Quote:Ex-Wyoming Safety Tashaun Gipson > Ex-Wyoming Safety Chris Prosinski
Prosinski has more sacks than Gipson though  :teehee:

Quote:They like Colvin and House. They believe the main problems with the D were the front 7 and free safety and I tend to agree. The corners can only do so much when the guys upfront allow the QB all day to throw the ball.
Yup, I agree. Our top 2 corners are good, maybe Colvin fits better in the slot and we need another guy whichever place he isn't and solid depth, but we definitely aren't desperate for some top CB. House isn't Revis, but he's very good and with a pass rush he'll be even better than this year, which I thought was beyond solid.

I asked earlier if anyone knew anything on Patrick Robinson. He seems to have Colvin size but no idea on his play.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I would only go after Grimes if he divorces is wife............

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:how do you know they watch as much as they say they do? I dont believe it as you can tell by their grades. Gene Smith watched as well. I do think some grades are accurate but its not as good as some think. If you havent seen some horrible and off the wall grades frim that site I dont know what to tell uou
I'm with you on this.

According to PFF, Derek Cox was better in man coverage than Darelle Revis.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:"The players the Jaguars missed out on were a Who’s Who of free agency. All on the Jaguars’ radar but headed elsewhere were free safety Rodney McLeod (Philadelphia), guard J.R. Sweezy (Tampa Bay), cornerback Janoris Jenkins (Giants) and the aforementioned Vernon."

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ource-says
The wording makes this seem like O'Halloran wanted Jenkins, not necessary that Dave did.  I am not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get a feel for Dave's sense of our situation.

Quote:I would only go after Grimes if he divorces is wife............

GO JAGS!!
If Grimes is cheap and easy to cut (warn him about his wife's twitter activity) then I'd take him on a prove it deal.

Quote:I asked earlier if anyone knew anything on Patrick Robinson. He seems to have Colvin size but no idea on his play.

Patrick Robinson excelled in the slot last year, I don't think he's a fit for us as that's where Colvin should but playing.