Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:If Grimes is cheap and easy to cut (warn him about his wife's twitter activity) then I'd take him on a prove it deal.

It's not just her twitter activity, she's nuts. Got arrested last year at a Dolphins games, calls out players and coaches, she's a toxic presence. No thanks, not to mention Brent Grimes simply isn't that good anymore.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

@JasonLaCanfora Robert Ayers still scheduled to complete his Florida Spring Tour. He's in Tampa; Jags scheduled next and then the Dolphins

Quote:Patrick Robinson excelled in the slot last year, I don't think he's a fit for us as that's where Colvin should but playing.

Hmmm. If Colvin is progressing on the outside he may be worth bringing in. But I think we'd be better trying to find a true outside guy and moving Colvin like we did last year
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'm with you on this.

According to PFF, Derek Cox was better in man coverage than Darelle Revis.

They also gave Aaron Rodgers a -0.8 grade after throwing for 333 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs, and having a 138.5 passer rating against the Chiefs earlier this year. And they graded Blake Bortles out higher that week.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ive-grade/

Quote:I asked earlier if anyone knew anything on Patrick Robinson. He seems to have Colvin size but no idea on his play.
He'd be a good get imo, yes.

There's a lot of solid CB's that would fill the need left on the market if we want to go that route.

Quote:The wording makes this seem like O'Halloran wanted Jenkins, not necessary that Dave did.  I am not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get a feel for Dave's sense of our situation.
I never saw one tweet or report from any NFLN/CBS/ESPN guy that said the Jags went for Jenkins. We might have shown a very small amount of interest but I don't believe he was someone they went hard after.

Quote:@JasonLaCanfora Robert Ayers still scheduled to complete his Florida Spring Tour. He's in Tampa; Jags scheduled next and then the Dolphins
Unless the Jags hate him I don't see him making it to Miami.

Quote:I never saw one tweet or report from any NFLN/CBS/ESPN guy that said the Jags went for Jenkins. We might have shown a very small amount of interest but I don't believe he was someone they went hard after.

Yea I agree with this

Quote:Unless the Jags hate him I don't see him making it to Miami.

i agree with this as well

Quote:how do you know they watch as much as they say they do? I dont believe it as you can tell by their grades
lol what

Not sure if this was posted before or not, but here's a very in depth article on Ayers' sacks last season with New York. It has gifs of each one and analysis as well. He seems like a definite upgrade over last season's LEOs.

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016...o_jas.html

Quote:I never saw one tweet or report from any NFLN/CBS/ESPN guy that said the Jags went for Jenkins. We might have shown a very small amount of interest but I don't believe he was someone they went hard after.
That's the vibe I got as well, thank you!

Considering he put off Miami to see us first.

That being said, I'm jaded by Vernon and Irvin so I'll just let this one play out
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The fact we wedged ourselves in before his visit to Miami makes me think something gets done with him tonight.

Quote:Not sure if this was posted before or not, but here's a very in depth article on Ayers' sacks last season with New York. It has gifs of each one and analysis as well. He seems like a definite upgrade over last season's LEOs.

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016...o_jas.html
Think you should definitely notify Brklyn about this one...considering he thinks he sucks and would be a terrible get.

Some very impressive tape last year like I said before. Can get rush from anywhere on the O-Line, but showed some very good burst off the edge which is where we need it most.

Also there predictions prior to free agency that he would land a deal in the neighborhood of 3 year/$18 million. That's not too bad for a stopgap rotational player, especially one who was praised by a lot of NYG fans for his effort.

Quote:That's a nasty pass rush, imagine a freak like Myles Jack or Jalen Ramsey blitzing off the edge, mercy.

Pass rush lineup will be Smith, Fowler, Davis, Jackson

If we get Ayers I think he is LEO on passing downs and Fowler will be OTTO. 

Ayers Malik Marks Odrick Fowler rushing at the same time is pretty nasty.

Quote:Pass rush lineup will be Smith, Fowler, Davis, Jackson

Smith as in Chris Smith?

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 04:21 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:Also there predictions prior to free agency that he would land a deal in the neighborhood of 3 year/$18 million. That's not too bad for a stopgap rotational player, especially one who was praised by a lot of NYG fans for his effort.
He'll get more than that. I'm thinking 4/35M or so. Lot of teams need a pass rusher and he's tops on market after Vernon went. Reports have stated he wants 10M per.