Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 07:58 AM by BritishJag.)

Anyone who thinks House isn't a starting quality CB is crazy. Both he and Colvin are good starters, the problem is we have no depth at all at the position. Gratz is bad, McCray is extremely overrated and Marshall is a special teamer with potential. You need at least 3 good CB's in this league - look at Denver.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What's going on with Weddle?

Quote:What's going on with Weddle?

Looks like Oakland will probably sign him. That team is stacked.

Quote:Looks like Oakland will probably sign him. That team is stacked.

I must not understand the salary cap. Is it a free for all with unlimited cash?

The teams potential will be restricted by JDR anyway, not really concerned about them.

He wanted to take his time from what I've seen, I think it's half the reason we didn't persue him too much. We could have waited on Weddle but it'd be leaving Gipson open to signing elsewhere.

Honestly I think I like the Gipson signing more than I would have Weddle. Gipson has had one down year (mostly due to injury) but is young and seems really happy to be a part of the team.

I hope we do sign Amukamara, I was saying we should get him a month ago, but nobody really liked that idea then. Everyone was saying he is garbage, yet I look at his stats and they are slightly better than House's stats.

Nobody cared then, now most of everyone is clamoring for us to get him. Funny how peoples minds change so quickly.

*Since for some reason on my phone it wont let me edit my last post, I'd like to correct myself I meant Colvin's stats not House.

Yeah I hope we give Amukamara a shot aswell. If he can stay healthy then him and House will be solid starters, meaning Colvin can focus on Nickel.

We need to get these guys in (CB, OL, DE) so we can focus more on BAP in the draft and not have to over reach for guys.

Quote:Weddle will 'take his time' with FA decision

Eric Weddle | FA

(March 10, 2016 9:20 PM EST)

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora expects free agent FS Eric Weddle to "take his time" choosing a new team.

La Canfora does not expect a decision "anytime soon." Weddle turned 31 in January, but he still was an above-average safety last season. He should be able to find a starting role on a contender. The Raiders are reportedly "working on" him.

SOURCE: JASON LA CANFORA ON TWITTER

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 09:21 AM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:We all know numbers don't tell the story, he did make the most of what he could do, but I still don't think he's a quality starting CB.
You got your opinion and other have theirs. I think you're wrong. Now argue with me because I'm bored!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We really need Ayers

Quote:I must not understand the salary cap. Is it a free for all with unlimited cash?

The teams potential will be restricted by JDR anyway, not really concerned about them.
I was thinking this too. I mean wow, the raiders had a lot of cap space but it seems they are burning thru it fast. Maybe they don't wanna lock up their young guys like we do. Of course JDR is their coach tho...

Quote:Looks like Oakland will probably sign him. That team is stacked.
So stacked dude. I bet they are the SB favorites already and they will possibly go undefeated.

Quote:He wanted to take his time from what I've seen, I think it's half the reason we didn't persue him too much. We could have waited on Weddle but it'd be leaving Gipson open to signing elsewhere.

Honestly I think I like the Gipson signing more than I would have Weddle. Gipson has had one down year (mostly due to injury) but is young and seems really happy to be a part of the team.
In my opinion, we are playing on the name more than anything. Weddle was good before his last contract but I've watched him get beat more and more the past few years. I think Gipson is the right guy for us plus he's 5 years younger the weddle.

Quote:So stacked dude. I bet they are the SB favorites already and they will possibly go undefeated.

LOL. C'mon man.

Quote:So stacked dude. I bet they are the SB favorites already and they will possibly go undefeated.
Lol we really need a sarcasm font around here but I fear brklyn still wouldn't catch on!

Quote:Lol we really need a sarcasm font around here but I fear brklyn still wouldn't catch on!
If you can't get the sarcasm outta that one... I don't know what to tell you.

But seriously, they play in a cake division with no competition. They will probably go 6-0 in the division, 9-1 with the rest of their schedule and go right to the SB against the Eagles. So Stacked.

Quote:I was thinking this too. I mean wow, the raiders had a lot of cap space but it seems they are burning thru it fast. Maybe they don't wanna lock up their young guys like we do. Of course JDR is their coach tho...

With Mack & Carr being in the same draft class and Cooper the draft after, it will eventually take a lot of cash to lock these guys up. But at the same time, with the salary cap increasing every year, it may not be a problem, but eventually, contracts like Vernon's will look "small". I think it's actually a good thing because I have always felt football players were underpaid in relation to other sports.

Quote:If you can't get the sarcasm outta that one... I don't know what to tell you.

But seriously, they play in a cake division with no competition. They will probably go 6-0 in the division, 9-1 with the rest of their schedule and go right to the SB against the Eagles. So Stacked.
I caught on. I was laughing when I read it.

Can't lie though, Raiders are building the right way and do have a lot of talent. It's almost identical to the Jaguars. The game against them this year is going to be awesome. I fear about Joeckel vs Mack....
Shock the world