Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:With Mack & Carr being in the same draft class and Cooper the draft after, it will eventually take a lot of cash to lock these guys up. But at the same time, with the salary cap increasing every year, it may not be a problem, but eventually, contracts like Vernon's will look "small". I think it's actually a good thing because I have always felt football players were underpaid in relation to other sports.

Yeah I think they are underpaid also.

But 16 games compared to MLB 162 games will do that you know.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:With Mack & Carr being in the same draft class and Cooper the draft after, it will eventually take a lot of cash to lock these guys up. But at the same time, with the salary cap increasing every year, it may not be a problem, but eventually, contracts like Vernon's will look "small". I think it's actually a good thing because I have always felt football players were underpaid in relation to other sports.
Yep. Mack and Carr are going to take a nice chunk to resign together. Honestly you're right. I think I read NFL players are paid the least out of all professional sports. It's golf, then tennis, then, soccer, and so on. For example messi(Barcelona) and Ronaldo(Real Madrid) make like $350,000 a WEEK! Holy crap! They are the worlds best but damn. Lol.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 09:23 AM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:Can't lie though, Raiders are building the right way and do have a lot of talent. It's almost identical to the Jaguars. The game against them this year is going to be awesome. I fear about Joeckel vs Mack....
I bet that game gets a slot on Monday or Sunday night! Preferably Sunday night because I can't stand listening to gruden talk!

Edit: I can't stand collinsworth either so I think I'm at a stand still. Haha.

Quote:I bet that game gets a slot on Monday or Sunday night! Preferably Sunday night because I can't stand listening to gruden talk!

Lol give me Monday night. At least Gruden will talk about how he loves our players all night long.
Shock the world

Quote:Lol give me Monday night. At least Gruden will talk about how he loves our players all night long.
i think that is the lesser of two evils. Haha.

Quote:Yep. Mack and Carr are going to take a nice chunk to resign together. Honestly you're right. I think I read NFL players are paid the least out of all professional sports. It's golf, then tennis, then, soccer, and so on. For example messi(Barcelona) and Ronaldo(Real Madrid) make like $350,000 a WEEK! Holy crap! They are the worlds best but damn. Lol.

Where does basketball fall in there? Most of their money is guaranteed and there is typically a lot of it.

Quote:Where does basketball fall in there? Most of their money is guaranteed and there is typically a lot of it.

I think roster size has alot to do with that.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I bet that game gets a slot on Monday or Sunday night! Preferably Sunday night because I can't stand listening to gruden talk!

Don't want to be the one to crap on the cake here, but we aren't getting a MNF game. We will certainly get a TNF game, but until we put together a winning season and change our national perception, MNF/SNF is off the table IMO. Now in 2017.. maybe.

Quote:Where does basketball fall in there? Most of their money is guaranteed and there is typically a lot of it.
I would have to look it up but I'm pretty sure it's more than baseball. I can't be sure but I think it is. Mainly cause all the endorsements.

Quote:Don't want to be the one to crap on the cake here, but we aren't getting a MNF game. We will certainly get a TNF game, but until we put together a winning season and change our national perception, MNF/SNF is off the table IMO. Now in 2017.. maybe.
I kind of agree with that but the NFL throws in a couple games that they THINK might be huge. Just looking at last years games, Lions vs Saints, Ravens Browns, Bears vs Chargers, Jets vs Colts.... Those were just MNF games. So they do takes chances and they also flex games at the end of the year.

I could see the Jags (after the way our offense played last year and our defense) getting a SNF or MNF game.

Quote:Yep. Mack and Carr are going to take a nice chunk to resign together. Honestly you're right. I think I read NFL players are paid the least out of all professional sports. It's golf, then tennis, then, soccer, and so on. For example messi(Barcelona) and Ronaldo(Real Madrid) make like $350,000 a WEEK! Holy crap! They are the worlds best but damn. Lol.

I was stunned when I actually stopped to look how much money the good tennis players make. I don't follow tennis like I did in its prime back in the 80s (imo) but good Lord, these guys/gals just rake in the cash. It should be noted though, that a lot of tennis players play in a LOT of events so I guess it kind of evens out over time.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I was stunned when I actually stopped to look how much money the good tennis players make. I don't follow tennis like I did in its prime back in the 80s (imo) but good Lord, these guys/gals just rake in the cash. It should be noted though, that a lot of tennis players play in a LOT of events so I guess it kind of evens out over time.
I know right?! Honestly when I looked it up awhile back I was schocked golfers were number one. Then I started thinking about their high priced endorsers then it made more sense but still. It's crazy.

Bortles vs. Carr the new Brady vs. Manning?

Quote:If you can't get the sarcasm outta that one... I don't know what to tell you.

But seriously, they play in a cake division with no competition. They will probably go 6-0 in the division, 9-1 with the rest of their schedule and go right to the SB against the Eagles. So Stacked.

Your life must be miserable.

Quote:I kind of agree with that but the NFL throws in a couple games that they THINK might be huge. Just looking at last years games, Lions vs Saints, Ravens Browns, Bears vs Chargers, Jets vs Colts.... Those were just MNF games. So they do takes chances and they also flex games at the end of the year.

I could see the Jags (after the way our offense played last year and our defense) getting a SNF or MNF game.

The Jags have what the league wants, offense. They also have a terrible defense which leads to offense for the other team. That bodes well for entertaining football even if the Jags do become the Washington Generals of the league.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Your life must be miserable.
bwahahaha

I actually love my life but you do you man. 

More signings.. less infighting..
Only a chump boos the home team!

Looking forward to a player or two today. Maybe we get a surprise signing as well.
Shock the world

I'm not a big fan of Amukamara...

We will get a nice Thursday night game against houston or the tacks. Every other game will be Sunday @ 1pm.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!