Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:If it leads to a trade down for a team coming up for one of the QBs that may end up being our best option. Stack a couple of 2nd and 3rd round picks up and then we can really load up on defense. IMO the sweet spot in this draft isn't the top 10 or 15, it's going to be the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
For sure, if that isn't an option though for some odd reason, then what do we do?

I really don't even know who we would consider. VH3 and what else? Buckner is out with our depth at spots he'd play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 12:33 AM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:This is shaping up to leave us with QB's/Buckner/Spence/VH3 at 5....not too happy about it.

That would definitely be the worst case scenario, but I think there's a chance Buckner could go 2/3 and Stanley 3.

If Cleveland doesn't take a QB Jack will def be gone

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 12:02 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:For sure, if that isn't an option though for some odd reason, then what do we do?

I really don't even know who we would consider. VH3 and what else? Buckner is out with our depth at spots he'd play.
Shaq Lawson, Sheldon Rankins, Ronnie Stanley, Leonard Floyd just to name a few.

I'm not a fan of Buckner and wouldn't think we would draft another DT in Rankins but Rankins has the look of being the next Aaron Donald and I wouldn't want to pass that up. Lawson has the mold of a LEO. Stanley would probably be an upgrade over Joeckel. And Leonard Floyd could be our OTTO of the future with pass rush ability to play some LEO.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Ya, I am very worried about the draft. People keep saying one of Bosa, Jack, or Ramsey is sure to be there, but I am not so sure, much less so with the way things are going in free agency. There have also been rumors (probably bogus) that the Titans are considering Ramsey at one. Definitely a chance none of those guys is there. If not......god help us.

On a side note, why in the flying ef would the Browns do this? Lets clean out the whole team to start fresh. Next, we'll trade our draft picks for a garbage veteran QB......wuuuuut? Please don't do it, the schtick of being perpetually awful is only entertaining for so long.

Quote: 

On a side note, why in the flying ef would the Browns do this? Lets clean out the whole team to start fresh. Next, we'll trade our draft picks for a garbage veteran QB......wuuuuut? Please don't do it, the schtick of being perpetually awful is only entertaining for so long.

I kid you not. I literally stopped what I was doing to sit and figure this out. The Browns are sitting at #2 with two potential franchise QB's to select. Your team was just dismantled in FA and you're starting all over...again. This time just draft Wentz (who has the higher ceiling than Goff) and draft around him. Let your QB grow with your team like we did with Bortles and Oakland did with Carr.

Why get a veteran QB with many questions around him so by the time your team is ready to compete he is in his 30's? I don't understand. You are in a perfect spot to rebuild the right way.

Quote:Ya, I am very worried about the draft. People keep saying one of Bosa, Jack, or Ramsey is sure to be there, but I am not so sure, much less so with the way things are going in free agency. There have also been rumors (probably bogus) that the Titans are considering Ramsey at one. Definitely a chance none of those guys is there. If not......god help us.

Apparently Hue Jackson has long been enamored with Kaepernick.

Quote:I kid you not. I literally stopped what I was doing to sit and figure this out. The Browns are sitting at #2 with two potential franchise QB's to select. Your team was just dismantled in FA and you're starting all over...again. This time just draft Wentz (who has the higher ceiling than Goff) and draft around him. Let your QB grow with your team like we did with Bortles and Oakland did with Carr.

Why get a veteran QB with many questions around him so by the time your team is ready to compete he is in his 30's? I don't understand. You are in a perfect spot to rebuild the right way.

That's what happens when you hire a "non football guy" as your GM. They should've left him in the back office like he was.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 12:23 AM by Dumptruck.)

Quote:That's what happens when you hire a "non football guy" as your GM. They should've left him in the back office like he was.

Supposedly this is Hue's call. It is baffling to me too because it seems like Sashi Brown and the other dorks are actually interested in building the right way. Bringing in Kaep makes zero sense if they are trying to do a hard reset.

If the top four ends up being a combination of Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, and Tunsil, I might end up taking Buckner and figure out where to put him afterwards. He is talented, the problem is that we're just loaded up on similar players. It's not ideal, but Buckner could play RDE on the early downs and shift over to the left on passing downs. Though the would effectively kill the LEO as a permanent fixture of our defense.

Early downs: Fowler/Buckner-Miller-Jackson-Odrick

Passing downs: Fowler-Marks-Jackson-Buckner

If that would end up being the case, I do think we'd have to work hard to find a better/faster OTTO to improve the overall speed of the defense.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 12:42 AM by GlockBortles.)

The qbs in this draft are pretty bad and i guess Hue knows it. Kaep isnt great either but atleast hes done things in this league. If you draft one of these qbs you basically have to run with them for the next 2-3 seasons. You trade for Kaep and it doesnt work you cut ties with him and take a look at the next crop of available guys. Good idea in my opinion.

Trade back with the Saints so they can get their future QB to swap 1st and we get their 2nd and take Dodd

Quote:If the top four ends up being a combination of Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, and Tunsil, I might end up taking Buckner and figure out where to put him afterwards. He is talented, the problem is that we're just loaded up on similar players. It's not ideal, but Buckner could play RDE on the early downs and shift over to the left on passing downs. Though the would effectively kill the LEO as a permanent fixture of our defense.

Early downs: Fowler/Buckner-Miller-Jackson-Odrick

Passing downs: Fowler-Marks-Jackson-Buckner

If that would end up being the case, I do think we'd have to work hard to find a better/faster OTTO to improve the overall speed of the defense.
I'd rather them take Hargreaves, or try and get a trade back ideally.

1st Dodd

2nd Kelly

2nd Joseph

Quote:Supposedly this is Hue's call. It is baffling to me too because it seems like Sashi Brown and the other dorks are actually interested in building the right way. Bringing in Kaep makes zero sense if they are trying to do a hard reset.

Doesn't Sashi Brown have full control over roster moves? Hue playing GM is what got him fired from Oakland his first go around.

Tweet from Conor Myles (@MylesSheet) - Hear a lot of fans call into @975TheFanatic asking about Allen Hurns trade rumor. It was a fake report, just trolling.

https://twitter.com/MylesSheet/status/70...0665565184

Quote:Doesn't Sashi Brown have full control over roster moves? Hue playing GM is what got him fired from Oakland his first go around.

Hue is a great QB coach, though. Could be as much as he looked at this class and sees no one he likes in the first. If this Kaep trade goes thru, I could see them using a mid-round pick on someone like Dak Prescott

What about Curtis Lofton ?

I haven't seen a Raiders game this season, so is he good or not ?

I used to like him in Atlanta and NO.

I caught the back end of ESPN ny radio show and they said something interesting. They said the Jags were monitoring the Demarcus Ware situation in Denver.

I would be in favor of this move as a stop gap situation.

At thus point roll the dice with Hardy.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags