Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:How you do that ??
It's in the settings or the community file share. You just select a roster with a name like " Updated 2016 FA Rosters " and then download it. Once you download it you go to Load/Save Files and load the roster name that you downloaded.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah I'm thinking that Luke gets kicked inside. That's what I was getting at earlier in thinking that we may draft a LT with our first pick. I got the feeling we were looking for one to move Luke to guard. I would be pretty happy with that, I think that our line would be better. Beachum is 26 years old so I'm sure that he can bounce back from the ACL just fine. I also like that the Steelers want him back, that's a good sign.

Not sure moving a guy who already struggles greatly with power inside is a good move...I think Luke would simply become the new swing tackle.

Quote:Or push him over to Guard.

How does this make sense. LJ is not suited to play inside

Quote:Beachum is starter material when healthy. No way he signs for a backup role, he'll replace Joeckel.
He will prob sign a one year deal to prove his knee is healthy, it shouldnt be that hard to beat out Joeckel

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Good a vet to push Luke

Much rather that then drafting another LT in the top 10

Exactly what I thought should happen. Joeckel needs competition.
No commercial messages in sigs

If we somehow convinced Beachum to move inside, that would be a major coup for us. He could be a stud guard in this league if he was willing to change positions. Pay him some serious money to play guard and promise him a switch to left tackle if Joeckel struggles.

I doubt he'd do that, but maybe his knee has scared off some teams and now he's more willing.

Quote:Not sure moving a guy who already struggles greatly with power inside is a good move...I think Luke would simply become the new swing tackle.

He's a good fit for swing tackle. I agree with the notion that he couldn't get kicked inside. He's just not starting material in the NFL. Defensive tackles would abuse him.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:He will prob sign a one year deal to prove his knee is healthy, it shouldnt be that hard to beat out Joeckel

Hopefully 2 year deal

Beachum will be 27 in June.

Prior to this past season, Pittsburgh tried to sign him to a long-term deal, but they could not agree to a deal.  Beachum is not a big tackle, about 6'3 305 pounds or so, but is a really good hands and feet technician.  In October, week 6, Beachum tore the ACL.  As he's only 26, no prior major injuries, and a hard worker, most all NFL teams believe his recovery will go well.  However, it is unknown whether he will be ready for the start of the season, and teams don't like to gamble on the type of big money long term deal that he desires while still in recovery.  I think he'd be open to a short term "prove it" type deal to be able to re-enter FA again for his payday.  However, I don't see him going with a team that would want him to play guard...he wants tackle money in the future.          

Quote:I mean it's really not fair to prince because it was more of a 2 on 1 than 1 on 1. Gus's belly should count for a whole person.

yeah , right? Str8 bodied'm, probly
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Beachum to LG and Cann to C.....

Joeckel might get killed inside.

I would fully support signing Beachum
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Most people I've seen are saying he would start at LT.

I think they sign Beachum and kick Joeckel inside.

Parnell, Cann, Linder, Joeckel, Beachum

That'd be incredibly awesome.

The Joke cannot play inside. If he's too weak on the outside he'd get run over in the middle.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Yep can't see Joeckel ever playing guard decently. He struggles with his base and power against edge guys,people like Dontari Poe or Dareus would annihilate him.

Quote:Yep can't see Joeckel ever playing guard decently. He struggles with his base and power against edge guys,people like Dontari Poe or Dareus would annihilate him.

Agreed. Joeckel gets pancaked at LT way too often. Imagine how many times he'd end up on his back as a guard. Probably more times than a bunny ranch employee I'm guessing.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Beachum apparently wants to stay at LT no matter what. I'm for this signing. We need some sort of insurance for Joeckel.
Shock the world

How about Beachum to guard?

Joeckel-Beachum-Cann-Linder-Parnell

Yaaaaaas

Quote:How about Beachum to guard?

Joeckel-Beachum-Cann-Linder-Parnell

Yaaaaaas

Go watch that Texans game again. Move Joke to the bench.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway