Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 Free Agency Thread***

Quote:@gregauman Robert Ayers says the best defensive coaches take the existing talent and build a defense around it, rather than forcing a scheme onto players.

I have said the same thing in other posts.

The best coaches coach to their teams strength. Their job is to maximize the teams talent. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So we are depending on essentially a rookie who's coming back from injury and hasn't played a down in the NFL and another player coming off of back to back season ending injuries. No drama queen, just be real. Not everything is sunshine and rainbow's.
Do you have an affliction wherein you get major anxiety if you see anyone else have any kind of hope? Do you feel it's your job to make sure everyone is unhappy like you apparently are? I've never seen anything like this before.

You can continue to hedge your bets on the Jags being terrible. It appears your coping mechanisms, when faced with disappointment, aren't available to you, but allow others to enjoy a freaking off-season of football when there's not even a win/loss record to be concerned about! GEEZ

Quote:Do you have an affliction wherein you get major anxiety if you see anyone else have any kind of hope? Do you feel it's your job to make sure everyone is unhappy like you apparently are? I've never seen anything like this before.

You can continue to hedge your bets on the Jags being terrible. It appears your coping mechanisms, when faced with disappointment, aren't available to you, but allow others to enjoy a freaking off-season of football when there's not even a win/loss record to be concerned about! GEEZ

Im just not setting myself up again only to be dissappointed. We have heard alot of optimism over years only to fall flat on our face.

@ESPNdirocco Let me repeat: I like the work Caldwell did in FA. Got No. 1 def player available (Jackson), FS, No. 2 RB, OL depth, Just no edge rusher.

Quote:Wow.

They DO have a real chance at an 0-fer.

If they actually go winless, I only hope, for Browns fans sake, the Browns ownership shows patience, given the lack of talent this team has.

Very hard to see the Browns ever being a good team for a sustained period of time with 3 of the best run teams Bengals,Steelers,Ravens in their division.

Quote:Im just not setting myself up again only to be dissappointed. We have heard alot of optimism over years only to fall flat on our face.

Your setting yourself up to be "the one who told you so" if it all falls apart. There's no glory in that my friend.

Quote:@ESPNdirocco Let me repeat: I like the work Caldwell did in FA. Got No. 1 def player available (Jackson), FS, No. 2 RB, OL depth, Just no edge rusher.

Gosh, I wish there was some kind of draft or something where we could get some more players.

We're doomed.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:So we are depending on essentially a rookie who's coming back from injury and hasn't played a down in the NFL and another player coming off of back to back season ending injuries. No drama queen, just be real. Not everything is sunshine and rainbow's.

Those are legitimate concerns, for the moment.

My view is barring something unforeseen, we'll end up with Fowler and at least two, maybe three rookie LEO candidates in this draft.

Given how most rookie DEs produce-even great ones-I think the rookie LEOS plus Fowler will combine to produce maybe 10-15 sacks.

If the team gets the higher end of that range, it's in good shape this year and the foreseeable future.

If the lower end or below, this defense, while seemingly improved, will not likely have what it takes to put this team into serious contention and be able to beat the better teams.

Now there could be pleasant surprises.

Fowler or another rookie LEO could exceed expectations for a first year player.

A veteran DE could be acquired via trade.

But you have legitimate concerns about the position.

That said, is it possible that you have overreacted to not landing one of the targeted players?

We are talking about Vernon, who only managed 7.5 sacks on a loaded D-Line?

We are talking about Ayers, who typically hasn't been overwhelming as a pass rusher.

We are talking Chandler Jones, who had off field issues in New England.  Belicheck has taken on players deemed to be problem children before.  Belicheck certainly knows the value of a pass rusher.  What had to happen for him to have traded away Jones?

Is it possible that, despite not landing these players, the team has actually improved the defense?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2016, 02:24 PM by knarnn.)

Nm
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think we are officially in the second half of Free Agency. Everyone signing from this point are signing one or two year deals.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Has the contract info for Beachum been provided yet?

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk  1m1 minute ago

It's one year, $2.5 million for former Steelers LB Sean Spence with the Titans. [BAD WORD REMOVED] LeBeau reunion.

I still think Zach Brown makes a lot of sense for us as our fourth LB.

</div>
UGH wish he didnt go to them

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Has the contract info for Beachum been provided yet?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/3/16/11246864/kelvin-beachum-contract-jaguars-luke-joeckel'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/3/16/11246864/kelvin-beachum-contract-jaguars-luke-joeckel</a>

Quote:Very hard to see the Browns ever being a good team for a sustained period of time with 3 of the best run teams Bengals,Steelers,Ravens in their division.
Especially if they keep whiffing on high draft picks.

Quote:Especially if they keep whiffing on high draft picks.

They gotta go with Wentz or Goff. Their history is terrible in terms of drafting the QB, but they gotta keep trying until they get their guy. I would go with Wentz if I were them. He's a gamer.
Shock the world

Thanks Knarnn!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2016, 02:43 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

My theory is a team that covets a player in the draft. Could see we need a passrusher and trade us for a pick in draft.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:My theory is a team that covets a player in the draft. Could see we need a passrusher and trade us for a pick in draft.
Hopefully if the guy we want is gone by 5, the Rams would offer us Quinn and #15 for the #5 overall pick (don't think they would do that, but it is nice to dream).

Quote:Hopefully if the guy we want is gone by 5, the Rams would offer us Quinn and #15 for the #5 overall pick (don't think they would do that, but it is nice to dream).

That would be the ultimate haul. Robert Quinn is nasty. Then I'd look at selecting Darron Lee with that 15th pick.
Shock the world

With all the concerns about the pass rush/defense, it's possible to overlook the fact that our offense has the potential to blow games open next year. It could make it easier on the defense if they can play with a big lead. The Colts had a crap defense (but a good pass rush) for years and still won a ton of games.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!