Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Went out for dinner with the wife last night..

Slow service, which doesn't bother us at all as we weren't in a rush (plus, having only been married 6 weeks, we still enjoy each others company).. anyway, part of our order didn't come out, so I mentioned it.. it followed 3-4 minutes later... and they took 30% off the bill for our 'trouble'....

It was no trouble at all, but it's nice to see customer service isn't completely dead, here in the UK.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did he become bacon?

no I'm not sure why he died think it was a heat stroke but since no one knows for sure had to trash it. they say don't screw around with swine if it's not a clean kill and processed right away the meat spoils fast. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Went out for dinner with the wife last night..

Slow service, which doesn't bother us at all as we weren't in a rush (plus, having only been married 6 weeks, we still enjoy each others company).. anyway, part of our order didn't come out, so I mentioned it.. it followed 3-4 minutes later... and they took 30% off the bill for our 'trouble'....

It was no trouble at all, but it's nice to see customer service isn't completely dead, here in the UK.

don't you guys to tipping different over there? thought I heard that one time tipping in the Europe is different? 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:no I'm not sure why he died think it was a heat stroke but since no one knows for sure had to trash it. they say don't screw around with swine if it's not a clean kill and processed right away the meat spoils fast. 

Sad to waste that much tasty tasty bacon.  Sad

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:don't you guys to tipping different over there? thought I heard that one time tipping in the Europe is different? 

They generally don't tip at all, it's really an American social custom and a topic that will inevitably lead to harsh words, hurt feelings, and a move to the politics forum.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:don't you guys to tipping different over there? thought I heard that one time tipping in the Europe is different? 

Quote:They generally don't tip at all, it's really an American social custom and a topic that will inevitably lead to harsh words, hurt feelings, and a move to the politics forum.

This is correct... I rarely leave a tip.

Unless it was exceptional circumstances and or a seriously hot waitress.

Quote:This is correct... I rarely leave a tip.

Unless it was exceptional circumstances and or a seriously hot waitress

In that case, I usually like to give more than just the tip.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:In that case, I usually like to give more than just the tip.

Like a business card?

Quote:In that case, I usually like to give more than just the tip.

Quote:Like a business card?

[Image: 19092608.jpg]

I'm really getting annoyed at people occupying my favorite stall when I want to use it!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm really getting annoyed at people occupying my favorite stall when I want to use it!
Next time leave it locked. Also leave a pair of shoes placed in the right spot along with a recording on a loop of grunts. Then, crawl out the bottom. It'll be your stall exclusively. Keep in mind, while executing this particular strategy, you'll need to clean it yourself. On the plus side, you can also decorate it however you want and stock it with nice toilet paper. Not that junk Kimberly Clark has that is better suited for stuffing a gift bag.

You're welcome.

Quote:I'm really getting annoyed at people occupying my favorite stall when I want to use it!

An Out Of Order sign can work wonders.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Anybody wanna buy a house (or two)?

Why is it that people with so much money decorate their house(s) so terribly?!

So, I've organised a 'sweepstake' at work for the European Championships which start on Friday..

24 teams, everyone who enters the sweepstake pays £1 and pulls a team name out of the hat.. £16 to the winner £8 to the runner up.. nothing for everyone else.. it's all a bit of fun, but you can bet I'll end up drawing Albania out of the hat!..

What European Championships?

THE European Championships :yes:

Quote:THE European Championships :yes:

No such thing this year. I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:No such thing this year. I don't know what you're talking about.

Haha yeah my bad...

For those of us who aren't Dutch, however... I got Italy in the draw.