Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:I'm not a big Andy Dalton fan. I'm just stressing that I think an elite defense is more important than a "franchise QB" if your definition of "franchise QB" is Flacco and Ryan.

I will say that if you have an elite QB you can get deep in the playoffs with an average or even just bad D. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I will say that if you have an elite QB you can get deep in the playoffs with an average or even just bad D. 

Worked well when we had Rich Rod, right?

Am I reading this correctly?....people are actually hoping to land Andy stinking Dalton??....

Some in this fanbase sure love mediocrity... smh....

Quote:Am I reading this correctly?....people are actually hoping to land Andy stinking Dalton??....

You're reading it wrong.

But then again, you thought that "unanimous doesn't mean all", so I do question your comprehension skills.

Quote:How many teams without a franchise QB but an elite Defense have won a super bowl in the past 10 years?

I also would love a response to this.

TEST

Is he asking me? Because I never said you don't need a franchise QB to win a Super Bowl.

You guys move the goal posts so much, it is ridiculous.

Quote:Am I reading this correctly?....people are actually hoping to land Andy stinking Dalton??....

the lack of reading comprehension in this board is astounding

Quote:How many teams without a franchise QB but an elite Defense have won a super bowl in the past 10 years?

Quote:I also would love a response to this.
way to ask a selective question pushing out of reach the 02-03 Buccaneers and before that the 2000 ravens.

let me try with a question

name a qb picked #1 overall the last 10 years that won a superbowl with a crappy defense?

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 12:46 AM by Jinjo.)

Quote:i want a def that whoever i have at qb will still win me 11 games. you dont need a franchise qb to win a superbowl.

You need franchise QB play to win a super bowl. I dont consider Flacco and Eli "elite" (stupid term but i think its reserved for only Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Manning) , but they played incredible for those stretch of 4 games. You want to bank on Andy Dalton or Alex Smith doing what those guys did? I dont.

You need the most talented team in the nfl to allow an above average QB (like dalton and smith) to reach the superbowl. Its better to  find a tier 2 QB.

Quote:You need franchise QB play to win a super bowl. I dont consider Flacco and Eli "elite" (stupid term but i think its reserved for only Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Manning) , but they played incredible for those stretch of 4 games. You want to bank on Andy Dalton or Alex Smith doing what those guys did? I dont.

You need the most talented team in the nfl to allow an above average QB (like dalton and smith) to reach the superbowl. Its better to  find 2 QB.
romo, eli, ryan, rivers are above avg. dalton and smith are barely avg and thats pushing it. 

Quote:You need franchise QB play to win a super bowl. I dont consider Flacco and Eli "elite" (stupid term but i think its reserved for only Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Manning) , but they played incredible for those stretch of 4 games. You want to bank on Andy Dalton or Alex Smith doing what those guys did? I dont.

You need the most talented team in the nfl to allow an above average QB (like dalton and smith) to reach the superbowl. Its better to  find a tier 2 QB.

You realize that before last year, Flacco would have fit into the Andy Dalton / Alex Smith category?

"I don't consider Eli Manning "elite", but he played incredible for those stretches of 4 games. You want to bank on Flacco / Dalton / Smith doing what Manning did? I don't."

Quote:You realize that before last year, Flacco would have fit into the Andy Dalton / Alex Smith category?

"I don't consider Eli Manning "elite", but he played incredible for those stretches of 4 games. You want to bank on Flacco / Dalton / Smith doing what Manning did? I don't."
You are being far too simplistic. Sure maybe based purely on surface level stats they might have comparable, but it was clear that Flacco (yes even before last year) had the tools to carry an offense when he was clicking. Dalton/Smith don't have that extra gear so to say. Jinjo is right, if you're going to force a comp on Flacco then compare him to Eli their skills sets are much more on par, highs and lows included. 

Maybe it's just me but Teddy Bridgewater really reminds me of Warren Moon. Look at some of Warren moons video tape from when he played with the Oilers and I think you'll see what I mean. Great pocket presence ability to escape pressure and make every throw on the field.
Signature goes here.

Quote:Maybe it's just me but Teddy Bridgewater really reminds me of Warren Moon. Look at some of Warren moons video tape from when he played with the Oilers and I think you'll see what I mean. Great pocket presence ability to escape pressure and make every throw on the field.

Bridgewater just toys around with opposing defenses. He knows where to go before the snap and he uses his feet, his eyes, pumpfakes, etc. to get defenses moving so that he can make the throw. He really is such a good prospect and he will be a top 15 QB in his first year in the NFL he is that good
Shock the world

Quote:You are being far too simplistic. Sure maybe based purely on surface level stats they might have comparable, but it was clear that Flacco (yes even before last year) had the tools to carry an offense when he was clicking. Dalton/Smith don't have that extra gear so to say. Jinjo is right, if you're going to force a comp on Flacco then compare him to Eli their skills sets are much more on par, highs and lows included. 

Once again, I don't think you are qualified to judge "tools". You thought Geno Smith had the "tools" to be taken #2 overall. You are not a good judge of "tools".

Teddy is just

Quote:Bridgewater just toys around with opposing defenses. He knows where to go before the snap and he uses his feet, his eyes, pumpfakes, etc. to get defenses moving so that he can make the throw. He really is such a good prospect and he will be a top 15 QB in his first year in the NFL he is that good

Teddy is really great at reading defenses. He was the same way at Northwestern. Strong gives Teddy full reigns over audible calling.

TEST

Quote:Bridgewater just toys around with opposing defenses. He knows where to go before the snap and he uses his feet, his eyes, pumpfakes, etc. to get defenses moving so that he can make the throw. He really is such a good prospect and he will be a top 15 QB in his first year in the NFL he is that good
Let's just go ahead and put him in the Hall of Fame while we're getting ahead of ourselves.  Really, why stop there?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:But then again, you thought that "unanimous doesn't mean all", so I do question your comprehension skills.

what the hell are you talking about?? ---- what was SAID by me was "consensus" = majority. 

I never said that I didn't think "unanimous" didn't = "all". 

Liars are funny. 

Quote:Maybe it's just me but Teddy Bridgewater really reminds me of Warren Moon. Look at some of Warren moons video tape from when he played with the Oilers and I think you'll see what I mean. Great pocket presence ability to escape pressure and make every throw on the field.

That comparison crossed my mind too....but Bridgewater reminds me of Marino in the pocket. 

Quote:Let's just go ahead and put him in the Hall of Fame while we're getting ahead of ourselves. Really, why stop there?

When did I say that pirkster? When? Show me where I said lets put him in the hall of fame. I guess saying a top 15 QB in the NFL today means hall of fame. Your getting very angry I see. I'm just letting you know that Bridgewater is very good and would be an awesome QB to draft.

I know you don't care, but I'm not a fan of yours that's for sure.
Shock the world