Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

That sounds terrible.  It's super nice here today.

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That sounds terrible.  It's super nice here today.

Thanks. 

I'm sure my luck will improve in Minneapolis, Detroit, Omaha, Des Moines and Chicago though.  I hear they are all super nice this time of year. 

Yeah, that sounds a lot better.

Quote:Thanks. 

I'm sure my luck will improve in Minneapolis, Detroit, Omaha, Des Moines and Chicago though.  I hear they are all super nice this time of year. 

Minneapolis is lovely this time of year.  A regular garden spot.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Thanks. 

I'm betting y'all book your tour dates in the Caribbean during hurricane season too, huh? Y'all need to fire your tour manager!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm betting y'all book your tour dates in the Caribbean during hurricane season too, huh? Y'all need to fire your tour manager!!
Well.... we need to fire the booking agent.  The tour manager just manages the dates the agent books  -  but yeah  -  I like this part of the world a lot better in June!!

Unfortunately, in this line of work just having an agent able to book you 120+ shows per year is a blessing, so I'll just have to suck it up. 

Not really sure why I even came into work today...this place is a ghost town.

Quote:Not really sure why I even came into work today...this place is a ghost town.

Same here, but I know why I came on.

I don't have any vacation days left.

I have plenty of vacation days...but I'm going to use a lot around Christmas/New Years.

Quote:I have plenty of vacation days...but I'm going to use a lot around Christmas/New Years.

Precisely where mine have been allocated.

I want to start off the New Year right...not working.

Speaking of the New Year.  Last year I did the whole New Year's Eve thing in NYC.  It was on the bucket list and I'm glad I never have to do that again.

I'm doing something almost as exciting.  I'll be in Pittsburgh (Greensburg actually).   Sick

That sounds fun.  You should invite NYC to go with you.  He loves crappy places.

Quote:I'm doing something almost as exciting.  I'll be in Pittsburgh (Greensburg actually).   Sick

That sounds so....exciting.

Quote:That sounds fun. You should invite NYC to go with you. He loves crappy places.

I'm going up for 10 days. I plan on getting really drunk and letting my wife drive. That takes care of most of my time. I don't know what I'm going to do the other day.

Quote:I'm going up for 10 days. I plan on getting really drunk and letting my wife drive. That takes care of most of my time. I don't know what I'm going to do the other day.

Well, on the bright side...you don't have to move up there anymore! That's something to be thankful for!

Play in the snow?

Quote:I'm going up for 10 days. I plan on getting really drunk and letting my wife drive. That takes care of most of my time. I don't know what I'm going to do the other day.

This time you better wave when you go by! Since the wife is driving you'll have no excuse.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:This time you better wave when you go by! Since the wife is driving you'll have no excuse.

I wouldn't count on it...he said he didn't like you, then laughed about it.

Being bored is boring.