Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:I'm at a Christmas party. I think I'm the youngest person by ten years. I feel like I'm at a damn senior center. And, there's NO BOOZE.

I'm in hell.

Prune Juice Smoothies?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Prune Juice Smoothies?

I [BLEEP] left to get pizza and beer. [BLEEP] that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm at a Christmas party. I think I'm the youngest person by ten years. I feel like I'm at a damn senior center. And, there's NO BOOZE.

I'm in hell.

Where was the party, deaths waiting room?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Where was the party, deaths waiting room?

Naples?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Is Taco Friday's a thing? It should be a thing!!

Quote:Completely agree!!!

Instead of Taco Tuesday's, just have Taco To-Day!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I'm in hell.

Did you misunderstand when they said it would be a 70's themed Xmas party?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Did you misunderstand when they said it would be a 70's themed Xmas party?

It certainly wasn't what I was expecting.  Let's just say, I'm impressed that I stayed the 20 minutes that I did.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:It certainly wasn't what I was expecting.  Let's just say, I'm impressed that I stayed the 20 minutes that I did.

Who invited you to a Christmas party at Shady Pines retirement home?

Well, apartment offer #4 has been sent out and hopefully with a little more success than the first three as I really like this apartment. 

Quote:Well, apartment offer #4 has been sent out and hopefully with a little more success than the first three as I really like this apartment. 

Are your offers just not enough? Is this a bidding process with other prospective buyers?

Quote:Are your offers just not enough? Is this a bidding process with other prospective buyers?
It's basically blind bidding; I view the apartment, I send in my bid via email and so far get told the seller went with someone else's bid. I suspect the other bids were simply higher each time because of the market right now. The price they're asking is still relatively low and it's in a decent neighborhood that looks like it's about to go right up in price. Either way, this time my bid is significantly higher than the asking price so if this doesn't get accepted I don't know what will.

So I have a history of a bad back... on Friday, my son and I were on the floor playing K'Nex, and my back flared up...

I ended up laying flat on the floor, unable to get up with a pain score of 8/10.. my son kept stroking my head saying "don't die daddy!!" quite sweet really, until I responded telling him not to worry and that I'll be just fine.. turns out he was worried that he may miss out on Christmas dinner (not presents, dinner!!)..

Quote:So I have a history of a bad back... on Friday, my son and I were on the floor playing K'Nex, and my back flared up...

I ended up laying flat on the floor, unable to get up with a pain score of 8/10.. my son kept stroking my head saying "don't die daddy!!" quite sweet really, until I responded telling him not to worry and that I'll be just fine.. turns out he was worried that he may miss out on Christmas dinner (not presents, dinner!!)..

Haha. What does the Darlo family do for Xmas dinner? Is there a traditional British Xmas dinner?

Quote:Well, apartment offer #4 has been sent out and hopefully with a little more success than the first three as I really like this apartment.

What happened with three? How outbid were you?

Quote:So I have a history of a bad back... on Friday, my son and I were on the floor playing K'Nex, and my back flared up...

That's cuz Santa brings the presents...duh!! Lol

And speaking of backs, Wednesday afternoon I decided to take a header off my attic ladder about half way up and fall down and landed flat on my backside with a resounding thud. I landed so hard I thought I broke my tailbone...I'm really surprised I didn't!. Needless to say I've been pretty much laid up all week on muscle relaxers and pain killers. Soma is a beautiful little pill!!

Quote:That's cuz Santa brings the presents...duh!! Lol

And speaking of backs, Wednesday afternoon I decided to take a header off my attic ladder about half way up and fall down and landed flat on my backside with a resounding thud. I landed so hard I thought I broke my tailbone...I'm really surprised I didn't!. Needless to say I've been pretty much laid up all week on muscle relaxers and pain killers. Soma is a beautiful little pill!!

You took a header and landed on your backside? Was there a half gain with a twist involved?

[Image: 2cxympc.jpg]

Quote:You took a header and landed on your backside? Was there a half gain with a twist involved?

[Image: 2cxympc.jpg]

It damn sure felt like it!! I'm not gonna lie, I landed like a turtle with my legs up in the air!! I'm glad I was home alone so no one saw me, but then I prayed I'd be able to get back up from the floor on my own!!

It was not a pretty dismount, let me tell you!! I have 10ft ceilings so it was about a five foot fall. :blink:

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 03:02 AM by DarloJAG84.)

Quote:That's cuz Santa brings the presents...duh!! Lol

I know exactly how you feel.. almost 14 years of lifting heavy patients has resulted in my back complaint. This is the worst it's been.. I'm back at work now for a 7-7 day shift and I'm already dosed up... this can only end badly! Problem is, I can't really call my Doctor as they're so busy over the holiday period.. it's a chronic issue rather than an acute issue so they'd never see me! Wallbash

Hope you feel better soon!

Quote:Haha. What does the Darlo family do for Xmas dinner? Is there a traditional British Xmas dinner?

Pretty much the same as you guys... he needn't worry though, my wife takes over in the kitchen and no one can get in anyway!

I wouldn't have it any other way..

Quote:What happened with three? How outbid were you?

I don't know, they don't tell you. For the first three I bid €3k under, €1k over and at asking price. This one I went significantly over the asking price but that's because I think it's worth the money.