Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:It damn sure felt like it!! I'm not gonna lie, I landed like a turtle with my legs up in the air!! I'm glad I was home alone so no one saw me, but then I prayed I'd be able to get back up from the floor on my own!!

It was not a pretty dismount, let me tell you!! I have 10ft ceilings so it was about a five foot fall. :blink:

Tailbone injuries are the worst. I fell on mine against the corner of a railroad tie that was being used as a flower bed edging around a tree. Of all the bangs and bruises in my younger days that are long forgotten, that one is still clearly defined. The soreness afterwards lasts for days, and that's when I was young and immortal.

Get well soon. We need you for the Attic Ladder event in the next Olympics. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...first-time

Weird.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/19/mysterious-ghost-shark-caught-on-film-for-the-first-time'>https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/19/mysterious-ghost-shark-caught-on-film-for-the-first-time</a>

Weird.

A retractable penis located on the head. That sounds very convenient, but fraught with potential embarrassment.

"Is that a dunce hat or are you just happy to be here?"

Quote:A retractable penis located on the head. That sounds very convenient, but fraught with potential embarrassment.

"Is that a dunce hat or are you just happy to be here?"

I just wish there was some kind of insult that I could use.........

Quote:I just wish there was some kind of insult that I could use.........

But is it an insult if it's literal?

Quote:But is it an insult if it's literal?

Ah, good point.. back to the drawing board..

My ex told me she'd rather get head butted by a ghost shark than go back to my place.

Makes sense now

Quote:My ex told me she'd rather get head butted by a ghost shark than go back to my place.

Makes sense now

It is probably a good clue.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

[Image: 15534761_1731628273820779_20311776902659...%3D%3D.2.c]

This shift is so long my beard is growing..

Woot!!!  Christmas bonus just hit my account!!  

These are pretty rare in my line of work so I'm pretty excited Smile  

Quote:I know exactly how you feel.. almost 14 years of lifting heavy patients has resulted in my back complaint. This is the worst it's been.. I'm back at work now for a 7-7 day shift and I'm already dosed up... this can only end badly! Problem is, I can't really call my Doctor as they're so busy over the holiday period.. it's a chronic issue rather than an acute issue so they'd never see me! Wallbash

Hope you feel better soon!

I thought ya'll had universal shall issue guaranteed healthcare? Why wont your doctor see you?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I thought ya'll had universal shall issue guaranteed healthcare? Why wont your doctor see you?

The problem with the National Health Service is that it's clogged up by people calling for inappropriate things because they don't have to pay for their treatment. My wife phoned for an appointment for a routine procedure back in September.. the procedure was carried out at the end of November. I've spoken with the Doctor today and I've had to book a telephone consultation for NEXT Thursday before they see me. Their motto is "you wait to be seen or if it's immediate, you call an ambulance!"

Quote:Woot!!!  Christmas bonus just hit my account!!  

These are pretty rare in my line of work so I'm pretty excited Smile

I got through the first line and was already thinking I bet that doesn't happen often haha. Good for you.

How exciting. I just saw Ken Amaro at lunch.

He looked like he could probably tell me where all of the buffets are located in town.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 03:55 PM by Deacon.)

Eeeeeeepic party last night. 

I just wish I could say the same about being back at work today.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The two ladies from work, that my wife and I bowl with, decided that shots of tequila would be a good idea last night.  Oddly, I bowled as badly as I have in a couple of years.

I guess I could have said no.

Nah....I'm weak.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The problem with the National Health Service is that it's clogged up by people calling for inappropriate things because they don't have to pay for their treatment. My wife phoned for an appointment for a routine procedure back in September.. the procedure was carried out at the end of November. I've spoken with the Doctor today and I've had to book a telephone consultation for NEXT Thursday before they see me. Their motto is "you wait to be seen or if it's immediate, you call an ambulance!"

Hmmmm, so an unrestricted access to a commodity leads to scarcity? Who would've thought such a thing? I'm sorry you aren't here where your insurance would have you in with your doctor same day. I hope you feel better soon, back pain is some of the worst pain.  Sad

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The two ladies from work, that my wife and I bowl with, decided that shots of tequila would be a good idea last night.  Oddly, I bowled as badly as I have in a couple of years.

I guess I could have said no.

Nah....I'm weak.

Two ladies you say?

Quote:Hmmmm, so an unrestricted access to a commodity leads to scarcity? Who would've thought such a thing? I'm sorry you aren't here where your insurance would have you in with your doctor same day. I hope you feel better soon, back pain is some of the worst pain.  Sad
And I'm sorry you aren't over here where getting sick doesn't lead to bankruptcy, where health insurance is actually affordable and where the overall quality of care (both in the UK and the Netherlands) is higher than the US. Also, when I thought I had a broken finger I went to my GP, who sent me to the hospital, who X-rayed me and diagnosed me all within 2 hours with not a single bill sent my way. What a horrible and horrendous system we have over here. 

Quote:Hmmmm, so an unrestricted access to a commodity leads to scarcity? Who would've thought such a thing? I'm sorry you aren't here where your insurance would have you in with your doctor same day. I hope you feel better soon, back pain is some of the worst pain.  Sad

It's all good. I actually pay into a private health service and apparently Chiropractic treatment is covered as part of my policy. That's something that my wife brought to my attention. A welcomed observation to say the least.

Thank you for your words though Smile