Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Glad to see the Jaguars request an interview for Matt Patricia. 

He's one of the few candidates to me that didn't require many star players to make them look good.  His defense and schemes are constantly changing.  It'd be nice to have a coach that came up with different game plans instead of sticking with schemes that don't fit the personnel.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Boom. Nailed it. The mediocrity from this fan base is crazy. We dont wanna just make the playoffs.
The only way to get to the SB is through the playoffs.

Smith has turned around teams before and turned around that Bucs defense in just one season. He's a smart coach who has won and is familiar with Jacksonville. If he can get good coordinators, he would do very well here.

Quote:Its time for a offensive minded coach. And his lack of success in the playoffs is troubling.
Playoffs?  Playoffs!  I just hope we can win some games.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Glad to see the Jaguars request an interview for Matt Patricia. 

He's one of the few candidates to me that didn't require many star players to make them look good.  His defense and schemes are constantly changing.  It'd be nice to have a coach that came up with different game plans instead of sticking with schemes that don't fit the personnel.

Anything coming out of NE scares the [BLEEP] out of me to be honest... Whether its a player or coach unless we got Bill himself

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:Playoffs? Playoffs! I just hope we can win some games.
Right? people wanna jump on a 10 speed before we even get the training wheels on.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Right? people wanna jump on a 10 speed before we even get the training wheels on.
Love it!  You have to crawl before you can walk. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:So let's hire the guys who have never made the playoffs than a guy who went to the NFC Championship. OK.

Smith isn't my number one, I like McDaniels. I'm just using your argument against you.
What did he do in Denver?  With a top notch defense?  Survey says.... Nothing. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I don't care what reports say. I still think it's going to be Coughlin.
Shock the world

Quote:He made it to the NFC championship game.

So did Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan

What time is the smith inyerview

Quote:So did Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and a while.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

@imbillmcneal Jaguars gonna hire Mike Smith, keep Bradley's coaching staff in place, and extend Dave Caldwell.

This would be top 5 becausejaguars moment

Quote:So did Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan

Rex Ryan was able to do that because he is a great defensive minded coach and really knows how to pump up his players. I would take him as our DC in a heart beat. I just don't think he can be a head coach because he is too crazy but for a DC hes fine

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:@imbillmcneal Jaguars gonna hire Mike Smith, keep Bradley's coaching staff in place, and extend Dave Caldwell.

Maybe you can tell me, who the heck is Bill McNeal, and what makes so well-qualified that you would quote him?  

Quote:Maybe you can tell me, who the heck is Bill McNeal, and what makes so well-qualified that you would quote him?

Random guy on Twitter.

How dare you. Mike Smith is a nice lady.

Quote:What if Smith brought McCoy in with him?

The HC doesn't have a ton to do with the QBs development. That goes to assistant coaches and coordinators.

In addition to the Offense expertise Mike McCoy would bring to the Jaguars table and his experience as an NFL HC to aid the team's new HC,   McCoy would be a huge help in the QB Coach selection process.    One of his previous QB Coaches,   Frank Reich,  is now a HC candidate with the Bills.   

Quote:That would be a good choice.  If could get Cooter as a lateral, it would be nice.  Kyle would as well.  If he doesn't get a HC job. 

The only way JIm Bob Cooter or Kyle Shanahan are going anywhere in the NFL in 2017 other than where they are is if they get HC opportunities.   

Quote:Says the guy championing Scott Linehan as his #1 target.

For the record Mike Smith >>>>>>>>>>> Scott Linehan

Scott LInehan has one of the most creative Offensive play minds.   I saw that in his 5 seasons as Lions OC and it's been on display in Dallas.   But I have doubts he would be a good fit for the Jaguars as HC.    If the Jaguars have the chose between Mike Smith and Scott LInehan,   I agree with you that Smith would be the better choice.  

Quote:@imbillmcneal Jaguars gonna hire Mike Smith, keep Bradley's coaching staff in place, and extend Dave Caldwell.

Should we all just start posting random tweets now from people no one knows about?

Stop trying to stir up dumb things.