Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Continuity? From what? A team that won 3 games last year? Yea.... That sounds smart.

Continuity is the dumbest thing when you're talking about the previous staff.

We finally agree. Continuity, yea lets continue to suck.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We finally agree. Continuity, yea lets continue to suck.
We've never actually disagreed.

I'm just not going to get upset or worried until something actually happens. Every single tweet that is sent out right now is pure speculation.

Quote:@rapsheet The #Jaguars met with interim coach Doug Marrone all day and late into the night on Thursday, source said. Sounds like it went well.

Good lord. I dont think this organization knows what its doing.

I'm not sure if the video will still appear at the following link.  But a few hours ago,  Jason LaConfora mentioned on the video that he thinks Doug Marrone is the most likely established HC to get the Jaguars job.

In any event,  I get the feeling you don't want to see the Bronx born coach remain in Jacksonville. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-co...-redskins/

Quote:Continuity? From what? A team that won 3 games last year? Yea.... That sounds smart.

Continuity is the dumbest thing when you're talking about the previous staff.

That's a good point, but what I meant by "continuity" is knowing what each player is capable of, and having a rapport with them already.  Plus knowing what worked with the same players last year and what didn't.

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Quote:That's a good point, but what I meant by "continuity" is knowing what each player is capable of, and having a rapport with them already.  Plus knowing what worked with the same players last year and what didn't.
I see what you're saying but there should not be a single coach held over from last season. Not one. A brand new coach who has no rapport with the players is what this team needs. Fresh new eyes on the players.

Marrone is being considered and thats fine. People are speculating right now that he's the favorite but this is before Shanahan comes in. 

If Marrone is the HC, I would need McCoy to come in and be the OC and Wade Phillips come be the DC to feel good about it.

If Marrone is HC and keeps Hackett, we have problems.

Quote:Thats not what this team needs. Gus was a players coach so was JDR. Change is needed.
Mike smith is liked by his players but one difference between Mike and Gus is Mike will not tolerate poor play and will hold players accountable for there play. He is not only liked by players bur respected by them.

Quote:I see what you're saying but there should not be a single coach held over from last season. Not one. A brand new coach who has no rapport with the players is what this team needs. Fresh new eyes on the players.

Marrone is being considered and thats fine. People are speculating right now that he's the favorite but this is before Shanahan comes in.

If Marrone is the HC, I would need McCoy to come in and be the OC and Wade Phillips come be the DC to feel good about it.

Bortles is on record stating he'd prefer Hackett back as OC.

It's gonna be pretty hilarious if they pick Marrone. Good luck selling that to the fans.

Quote:Bortles is on record stating he'd prefer Hackett back as OC.
Honestly, Bortles doesn't know what he wants.

He hasn't seen good coaching yet. I'm sure if McCoy came in, Blake would be just fine.

Quote:It's gonna be pretty hilarious if they pick Marrone. Good luck selling that to the fans.

Agreed.

Still holding out hope for Shanahan but Marrone is looking more and more likely.

Quote:Still holding out hope for Shanahan but Marrone is looking more and more likely.

The writing was on the wall the minute it was made known Caldwell was sticking around.

Caldwell being retained means Blake gets a redemption year.

Bortles getting another shot means it would be very hard to bring anyone with half a brain into this situation.

It is what it is.

Khan should just sell the team, he obviously does not know how to run a team.

Quote:That's a good point, but what I meant by "continuity" is knowing what each player is capable of, and having a rapport with them already.  Plus knowing what worked with the same players last year and what didn't.

At 15-49 over the past 4 years, I don't think we really know what each player was capable of or knew what worked.

Regarding rapport, I'd like to destroy that all together and have a fresh new voice of discipline in the locker room.

Quote:Khan should just sell the team, he obviously does not know how to run a team.

Obviously.

Gawd, what a dimwit.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 10:50 AM by BklynJag.)

Same owner that wants to keep the GM, so I’m not surprised he wants to continuity with Marrone & Co.

Ownership should take this fanbase into consideration, fans will not be happy with a Marrone hire (at least the smart ones)

'He wants to continuity'....

Literary genius.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I see what you're saying but there should not be a single coach held over from last season. Not one. A brand new coach who has no rapport with the players is what this team needs. Fresh new eyes on the players.

If Marrone is the guy I would be surprised if it's not Hackett considering there history.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 10:56 AM by GlockBortles.)

bklyn wants us to keep marrone so bad so he has something to whine about all season

Quote:What's even more maddening is the fact that they could have had half a season to actually get a look at him.... But they kept Gus WAY too long and now they're stuck.

Quote:On the upside, if Dave really has built a talented roster, Marrone offers continuity and a good chance to maximize that talent immediately.

On the downside, if the team rolls with Marrone and they turn out another losing season, Khan can cut bait on Marrone, Caldwell, and Bortles all at the same time, just as he did with Gene Smith and Mike Mularkey.

I definitely agree that the team screwed up in not letting Gus go sooner. But, as mikesez said, we are actually in a pretty good spot if things don't work out with Marrone, and if they do work out then we are in an even better spot. 

Marrone is my favorite candidate that is linked to us as an actual possibility right now. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."