Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock  2m2 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Deal also changed from 6 year $63 mil. It's now reportedly set to be a 5 year deal around $53 to 54 million. Byron Maxwell / Eagles

</div>

If true, woah.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pats still have time as well as giants and titans....keep fingers crossed
Oh for sure, I'm not expecting us to get McCourty but he would be an excellent addition and I like to think they'll at least throw down a high bid for him.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock  2m2 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Deal also changed from 6 year $63 mil. It's now reportedly set to be a 5 year deal around $53 to 54 million. Byron Maxwell / Eagles

</div>
Whoa.... Now that just was a bit much... Very glad that wasnt the Jags on Maxwell. Hes a very good player but idk about that deal.

Quote:Pats still have time as well as Giants and Titans....keep fingers crossed

Did the Giants say they want him?

He went to Rutgers Miss so there is rumored to be interest

Maxwell for that much,no thanks. McCourty for that much? Yes

Quote:Oh for sure, I'm not expecting us to get McCourty but he would be an excellent addition and I like to think they'll at least throw down a high bid for him.
I know man.....an experienced legitimate guy there would be everything for that defense. Would allow the CBs to play more press

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg] <b>Ryan O'Halloran</b> <span> <span>@ryanohalloran </span> </span> </a>  ·  <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/574628021799370754' title="10:49 AM - 8 Mar 2015"> <span>43m 43 minutes ago </a> </span>
Since October, the <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>jaguars</b></a> in-building thought was that Thomas would be management's 4:02 pm signing when FA starts

Of course, no one ever reported that until now.

Thomas, Odrick, and a decent RT would be a good haul.  

I'm assuming Odrick would be nice rotation at 3 tech  -- but I don't know a ton about him except that he's played different spots on the line through his career and is pretty good against the run and likes to bat down passes at the line. 

Quote:Did the Giants say they want him?
It was rumored that they're looking fur safety help so as you'd expect he'd be brought up

Quote: 

<div>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg] <b>Ryan O'Halloran</b> <span> <span>@ryanohalloran </span> </span>  ·  <span>43m 43 minutes ago </span>
Since October, the #<b>jaguars</b> in-building thought was that Thomas would be management's 4:02 pm signing when FA starts

Of course, no one ever reported that until now.

</div>
That's why it was "in-building" ha.

I wanted Shelton but if we get odrick that doesn't seem plausible with Miller, Markw, Hood, Jones, and odrick plus smith/davis sometimes

Quote:Whoa.... Now that just was a bit much... Very glad that wasnt the Jags on Maxwell. Hes a very good player but idk about that deal.

It seems like it's going rate for the corner market, but that looks to be the overvalued position this season.

Say we did get Odrick. So, Miller moves to 2nd string and Hood goes to 3rd? Miller didn't do that bad, but considering our overall run defense wasn't great, Odrick may be welcome.

Quote:Thomas, Odrick, and a decent RT would be a good haul.  

I'm assuming Odrick would be nice rotation at 3 tech  -- but I don't know a ton about him except that he's played different spots on the line through his career and is pretty good against the run and likes to bat down passes at the line. 
From reports before Dolphins paid Suh, he was going to get a substantial contract and was a priority for Miami. I went and looked at Pats SbNation I believe it was, and they listed him as a good option, but he "wouldn't come cheap"...the guy has some upside. I think in an attacking scheme like ours, he would make an even better fit. I know I liked him a lot coming out of college, not really sure how he was used in Miami though tbh. I don't watch them.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015, 02:38 PM by BritishJag.)

24 touchdown receptions in 2 seasons for Thomas. Wow.

For comparison Marcedes Lewis has 27 in 9 seasons.

Quote:That's why it was "in-building" ha.

So I guess it's a done deal then.  Ryan O talking like he's been sitting on that gem since October.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeMcCartney7'>Mike McCartney ‏@MikeMcCartney7 </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeMcCartney7/status/574639704655593472'>3m</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeMcCartney7/status/574639704655593472'>3 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">In 2 years, CAP has risen 16.49% ($123M--$143.28M). Simple math would dictate: $5M player is now $5.8M and $8M player is now $9.3M

Quote:24 touchdown receptions in 2 seasons for Thomas. Wow.

For comparison Marcedes Lewis has 27 in 9 seasons.
Man that season Lewis was playing lights out was amazing... I miss that guy

Quote:Say we did get Odrick. So, Miller moves to 2nd string and Hood goes to 3rd? Miller didn't do that bad, but considering our overall run defense wasn't great, Odrick may be welcome.
A lot of people are saying Odrick is more natural at 5 tech, so probably more likely to be Red Bryant's long term replacement.