Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015, 05:53 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

Quote:I love Ezekiel Elliott, but unfortunately, the odds of getting him are 1 out of 32.
I'd rather have Ezekiel Anshah
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Julius, Demarco, and a decent RT and Bortles has absolutely NO excuses next year. 

besides the fact that hes a second year qb with a brand new coaching staff and players?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:And it really surprises me they arent linked to McCourtey. FS makes Gus' defensive system tick. He would be my number 1 target.
How many times do I have to say it, McCourty doesnt want to come here, of course we want him, but the factors are against us

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:besides the fact that hes a second year qb with a brand new coaching staff and players?

To casual fans, Bortles must be the second coming of Brett Favre by his second year or he's a bust.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:How many times do I have to say it, McCourty doesnt want to come here, of course we want him, but the factors are against us

Money talks. 

Quote:Money talks. 
We have to pay him as the highest paid DB in NFL history to even get is attention, he's going to phly, NYG, Tenn with his Brother or staying in NE

Even if we do land Murray and Thomas, expectations still need to be tempered. While massive upgrades and quality players, they will not be enough to turn a 3-13 team into a Super Bowl contender and may still not even be enough to be a playoff contender. Realistic expectations on those 2 signings alone is to have our highest win total in the last 5 years, winning at least 6, anything more would need to be considered extra at this point.

Quote:besides the fact that hes a second year qb with a brand new coaching staff and players?

Dude im not expecting him to be a pro bowler. Last year he was totally inept. Im just hoping for mediocrity. 

I like the Julius potential signing but I don't get the Murray one. What's special about him? He played behind the best rushing Oline in the league and saw 7 man fronts due to Dez being on the outside.

Not to mention his injury concerns. I'd rather roll into camp with Denard and Toby and a draft pick this year. Running backs are a dying breed. I'd rather spend more money on a WR, Hudson and Bulaga.

Quote:We have to pay him as the highest paid DB in NFL history to even get is attention, he's going to phly, NYG, Tenn with his Brother or staying in NE

You don't know that. Pay him a good chunk more than any other team and he's probably going where the money is. Stop with the absolutes. 

Quote:We have to pay him as the highest paid DB in NFL history to even get is attention, he's going to phly, NYG, Tenn with his Brother or staying in NE

This is so dumb. 

Quote:Dude im not expecting him to be a pro bowler. Last year he was totally inept. Im just hoping for mediocrity. 

totally inept? wow. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:And McCoy has 527 more carries then Murray. I'm sure that comes into play with contracts, Murray is going to get paid.

That's due to Murray missing games his first two years versus McCoy being pretty durable over his last five. McCoy was drafted in 2009, Murray was 2011 as well so there is your disparity in carries.

I'm not opposed to Murray. Him being 27 is a plus to what I thought. I don't want us making him the highest paid rb. Especially when other options exist.

Murray may be beginning to hit his stride and if Caldwell gets him I won't be disappointed. I just think the line he ran behind had a lot to do with his success and we just don't have that right now.

Quote:I like the Julius potential signing but I don't get the Murray one. What's special about him? He played behind the best rushing Oline in the league and saw 7 man fronts due to Dez being on the outside.

Not to mention his injury concerns. I'd rather roll into camp with Denard and Toby and a draft pick this year. Running backs are a dying breed. I'd rather spend more money on a WR, Hudson and Bulaga.

I love Denard and think he can be a starter, but Demarco is a darned good player. Wouldnt mind spending some of our ample money to give Blake some proven help.

Quote:I like the Julius potential signing but I don't get the Murray one. What's special about him? He played behind the best rushing Oline in the league and saw 7 man fronts due to Dez being on the outside.

I'm not one to like signing running backs in free agency, but the offensive line thing is overblown. Murray has great vision, fantastic power, and breakaway speed. To take away his talent and award everything he's done to his o-line is ridiculous. 

I just dont understand why do people not want a guy who lead the NFL in rushing and is 27, Frank Gore is 32 and had a solid year last year 

Quote:Dude im not expecting him to be a pro bowler. Last year he was totally inept. Im just hoping for mediocrity. 

And we've officially entered the over exaggeration period of Free Agency on the message board!

Quote:totally inept? wow. 

6.11 yards per attempt, 6 more ints than TDS. Less than 60% completion. Thats pretty inept. 

Not saying the kid is doomed because you can tell he has some good traits. He needs A LOT of refinement though. 

Quote:This is so dumb. 
Its facts, he's not a chase the money kinda guy, people keep wondering why we are not linked to him i'm telling you guys why, but dont listen to me and see what happens

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/fishsports'>mike fisher ‏@fishsports </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/574687780917284864' title="4:46 PM - 8 Mar 2015">15m15 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cowboys?src=hash'>#Cowboys</a> not necessarily expecting to 'hear back' from DeMarco pending <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jags?src=hash'>#Jags</a> big market-value offer. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/1053thefan'>@1053thefan</a>