Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:at least free agency gives us a better idea on what we will be doing in the upcoming draft.

Looks like its going to be pretty defense heavy draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Murray could be very productive with a much lower number of touches and the Jags have options to spell him. 

Giving him around 300 touches (that's almost 20 per reg season game)  and a few vet days off in camp could help plenty to ensure he doesn't have a major drop in effectiveness. 

Quote:I wanted Shelton but if we get odrick that doesn't seem plausible with Miller, Markw, Hood, Jones, and odrick plus smith/davis sometimes
Shelton would be the Miller DT spot..

Odrick//Hood//Marks play the UT

Quote:I was hoping for more of a focus on center and RT than RB. Demarco is good though no doubt. He and Julius Thomas would automatically be the best players on offense here, if not the whole team.

Still some RTs out there to be had.  I'd be surprised if a few of their agents numbers aren't on Caldwell's speed dial at the moment.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeBaileyNFL'>Michael Bailey ‏@<b>MikeBaileyNFL</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeBaileyNFL/status/574650862825566208'>3h3 hours ago</a>

<p class="">TE Julius Thomas to Jacksonville <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> is a done deal. I don't think he'll be much of an upgrade over Marcedes Lewis.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:Looks like its going to be pretty defense heavy draft.

indeed it does. you can find posts from me saying how much i love bernardrick mckinney. i also really like leonard williams. 

makes getting either guy look a lot more realistic. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:So we are gonna overpay a guy to rush for a 1,000 yards? Sounds smart.

Split the carries with Denard and A healthy Toby and draft a work horse RB this year.
No, I agree. I prefer drafting a guy than getting Murray, but Murray is a proven, elite talent at RB and could come in and immediately improve the running game.

Considering 1000 is more than Robinson and Gerhart combined, yes I would take Murray.

Quote:Looks like its going to be pretty defense heavy draft.

Hope not.  Draft is fairly weak at our needs (FS, 4-3 RDE, 4-3 LB, CB)

In contrast, this is a terrific year for 3-4 defenses.

I think we'll see balance in our draft.  Too many needs not to.  Don't think we'll see defense heavy as we did offense heavy last year.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Reports-Co...s-36067835

I'd say there's some warmth to go with that.

That being said, nothing's done until it's done.

I agree. When there's smoke there's usually fire; just nothing major yet.

Quote:No, I agree. I prefer drafting a guy than getting Murray, but Murray is a proven, elite talent at RB and could come in and immediately improve the running game.

Considering 1000 is more than Robinson and Gerhart combined, yes I would take Murray.
You don't think with an improved oline, another year of learning the position with Denard and a healthy Toby, they couldn't combine for 1300? I bet they could.

Quote:No, I agree. I prefer drafting a guy than getting Murray, but Murray is a proven, elite talent at RB and could come in and immediately improve the running game.

We're in no place to turn down an upgrade at any position.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015, 06:40 PM by Voltage-.)

Quote:You don't think with an improved oline, another year of learning the position with Denard and a healthy Toby, they couldn't combine for 1300? I bet they could.

I wish we could filter out the word Toby on these forums and in real life. 

Quote:We're in no place to turn down an upgrade at any position.

This

So we got Thomas, lost Suh any word on the other top targets? Been out all weekend, catch me up.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:So we got Thomas, lost Suh any word on the other top targets? Been out all weekend, catch me up.

DeMarco Murray is the hot name right now. We've also been linked to Jared Odrick and Brian Bulaga.

Demarco Murray looks like a safe bet depending on money. Great additions, especially if they can somehow add Bulaga and/or Maclin.

Quote:DeMarco Murray is the hot name right now. We've also been linked to Jared Odrick and Brian Bulaga.
And Jeremy Parnell.

I think runningbacks are a dime a dozen and a team should never throw money at it in FA. However, this team has a losing perception around the league and it needs to be shed now. Murray can help shed that label.

Quote:I think runningbacks are a dime a dozen and a team should never throw money at it in FA. However, this team has a losing perception around the league and it needs to be shed now. Murray can help shed that label.

plus we have the money to spend either way. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I think runningbacks are a dime a dozen and a team should never throw money at it in FA. However, this team has a losing perception around the league and it needs to be shed now. Murray can help shed that label.

This