Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015, 08:03 PM by gatorbait025.)

Well if we get Murray it limits Denards carries for the future,just giving another positive outlook on the situation 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well if we get Murray it limits Denards carries for the future,just giving a positive outlook on the situation 
If we get Murray does that mean that Denard might play "wildcat" in some situations? I know that people hate the wildcat, but for a guy with his versatility it's not out of the question.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...lly-bound/

Damage control galore!

I have a feeling we are giving Julius $12M/yr. I think that would be a mistake. Charles Clay is just as good as him, IMO.

Demarco Murray to the Jags is a legit possibility because Caldwell is talking to his agent on a deal, prob around 8 mill a year since McCoy just got that, he set the market value price higher than expected. Also since 9:55 PM last night the Cowboys forum fans were losing hope on 'murray returning. 

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/47...on-murray/

Quote:I have a feeling we are giving Julius $12M/yr. I think that would be a mistake. Charles Clay is just as good as him, IMO.
Clay didn't help win anybody's fantasy

"a Super Bowl ring should mean more than a half million bucks on a contract to a real pro athlete."

That cowboy fan is living in fantasy land. This is Murray's one big payday. He won't get another. It is a smart thing to take the money. SB ring is worthless 6-7 years down the road. The money isn't.

Quote:I have a feeling we are giving Julius $12M/yr. I think that would be a mistake. Charles Clay is just as good as him, IMO.

The difficult situation is the Jaguars would have to sign Charles Clay to an offer sheet.  If the Dolphins matched the offer sheet,  by that time the top TE's on the FA market probably would be gone.   Not to mention,  the offer sheet has to be created to make it difficult for the Fish to match.

What is Mccoys contract breakdown? but i also think Denard would just be a scat back and would limit Murrays carries instead of the Dallas style of 75 carries a game 

Clay is a different TE. The Julius Thomas numbers don't match up in terms of yards this year due to injuries but the man has 24 TD in 2 years. Manning or not, that number is high for a TE who is out there running some WR routes. It is a major upgrade and a reliable target for Bortles. Get Murray and thats even a more sick offense and with a upgrade at Center/Right Tackle would secure our offense up with Blackmon coming back hopefully in football shape would be epic.

Quote:If this doesn't demonstrate that the demand for QB's is much greater than the supply in the NFL,  I don't know what does.

I'll one up you, Matt Cassel and his $5 million contract having trade value.

Quote:Demarco Murray to the Jags is a legit possibility because Caldwell is talking to his agent on a deal, prob around 8 mill a year since McCoy just got that, he set the market value price higher than expected. Also since 9:55 PM last night the Cowboys forum fans were losing hope on 'murray returning. 

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/47...on-murray/
I literally just posted a link to the same thread...

Quote:I'll one up you, Matt Cassel and his $5 million contract having trade value.

The Vikings killed two football birds with one stone with that one. 

Murray would get the ball 25 times a game, but we must get a RT and the rest of the Oline must bulk up and get better, epicially Joekcel and we have a pretty good shot at 8-8 or better with a good draft. Free Agency will shape up the draft and the draft will shape up the future. I say move Toby to FB or release him and Robinson will still be the number 2 back with storm as the 3rd string back. Please get Murray please...

Maclin is still a primary target for the Jags.

http://blackandteal.com/2015/03/08/jerem...t-jaguars/

I honestly think we may bring back Cecil now that there's no real FA receiver out there, not who's an upgrade over him anyway. Barring Maclin not re-signing, am I missing someone? I wouldn't mind as long as he's 4th/5th on the depth chart.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I literally just posted a link to the same thread...

Sorry, I didn't notice it, not taking your spot light but if we get Murray we both win and so does Jacksonville.

Quote:What is Mccoys contract breakdown? but i also think Denard would just be a scat back and would limit Murrays carries instead of the Dallas style of 75 carries a game 

I posted the link to LeSean McCoy's contract on page 5 of the following thread:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...nso/page-5

Just about guarantee a signing at 12 million...a mistake. Offer a 8+million deal that a team can match...not a mistake?

I wouldn't mind Maclin but are we really paying for a WR when we have young ones emerging and one hopefully coming back from suspension? I know we need a veteran WR but someone like Torrey Smith would do, especially for deep threat, but I heard 49ers will get him.