Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

For some reason I'm still not fully convinced Julius Thomas is going to be a Jaguar..
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 12:14 AM by jobclarke.)

Quote:For some reason I'm still not fully convinced Julius Thomas is going to be a Jaguar..
That's because nothing can be confirmed until Tuesday so you never know

Quote:For some reason I'm still not fully convinced Julius Thomas is going to be a Jaguar..
I always have that feeling of somethings going to happen before something is official...

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 12:15 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

Quote:I don't understand how any of you guys don't want demarco murray. With how we've been struggling offensively, how don't you want to bring in the leagues leading rusher? We have plenty of cap space and any deal won't hurt us long term. If we bring in Demarco and Julius, our offense just got a lot better. Get excited, quit being so pessimistic.

That's what I'm saying. How can a fan of this team not be excited about getting arguably the best available TE and arguably the best available FA RB (league leading rusher) to sign with The Jags, who incidentally had arguably the worst offense in the league in 2014? And we really haven't even started. As a lowly fan, me myself, I can't help but to be excited

At the possibility
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:I think you're wrong.

Has anyone ever said he does not want to play for any of those teams because of the state income tax?

I'm not either, I love all this speculation but this period before FA almost sucks...

Quote:I always have that feeling of somethings going to happen before something is official...

I just want to see Schefters official tweet of it then il start dancing, but, for now, I'm still praying.
Shock the world

Why?

#becausejaguars
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Why?

#becausejaguars

Perfectly explained.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 12:19 AM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:Numbers starting to come out:

Been saying that he should probably command about 9 million, which, according to spotrac, is Gronk money.  To me, 10 or 11 million would have been overpaying and the 12 million floated earlier was asinine.  

I hope that JT signing a contract that averages a little less than 9 million per year will finally debunk the theory of the Jags having to overpay for free agents.  No team lands 100% of their targeted free agents, even if offering the most, but if you offer the most you put yourself on the shortlist.

If we can get Thomas and Murray I think Bulaga is much more of a possibility

Quote:That's what I'm saying. How can a fan of this team not be excited about getting arguably the best available TE and arguably the best available FA RB (league leading rusher) to sign with The Jags, who incidentally had arguably the worst offense in the league in 2014? And we really haven't even started. As a lowly fan, me myself, I can't help but to be excited

At the possibility

Same goes to getting arguably the best free agent right tackle if we sign Bryan Bulaga. That trifecta would make me very excited about next season.

Quote:I just want to see Schefters official tweet of it then il start dancing, but, for now, I'm still praying.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) is good too. He actually reports a lot more than Adam Schefter does.

Then we go pretty much all defense in the draft

Quote:If we can get Thomas and Murray I think Bulaga is much more of a possibility

Yeah, or Parnell who I thought filled in nicely for Dallas when Free was out.

Just thinking about the team lining up on offense next season with the additions of Thomas and Murray sounds incredibly exciting.
Shock the world

Quote:Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) is good too. He actually reports a lot more than Adam Schefter does.

I know.
Shock the world

I also hope they are looking at Pernell McPhee. Each time I watched the Ravens play last season, dude was leaving a good impression on me.

McPhee over Odrick at least..
Shock the world

Quote:Then we go pretty much all defense in the draft

Not necessarily. As we get closer to the draft the picture will be clearer on what positions still need to be upgraded. For now I am just looking forward to reading breaking news reports about three big name players to see if we get them.

At least we aren't the Texans:

Quote:Brian Hoyer | CLE

(March 8, 2015 11:15 PM EDT)

The Texans are trying to sign both Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett.

Both have a history with Texans coach Bill O'Brien from New England. They would presumably wage a three-way training camp battle against 2014 fourth-round pick Tom Savage, with Ryan Fitzpatrick getting released. Neither Hoyer nor Mallett has generated much interest elsewhere. Signing both is realistic.

SOURCE: JOHN MCCLAIN ON TWITTER

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Why? People keep saying that, but we already have 3 guys and hopefully Thomas. There aren't enough plays to share with another vet receiver in the mix. You don't need a name, you just need a guy to be #4 and we already have Sanders/Doss who can do that.

Blackmon is better than Maclin and Cobb imo. Though he's more of the Michael Irvin type strong possession receiver. Just gotta get it together.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~