Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Interesting fact about Parnell: When he came into the league he was a Defensive End. Dallas converted him to an OLineman.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Heck yeah

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>@RapSheet</a><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">: Former
</span><a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cowboys?src=hash'>#Cowboys</a><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> swing tackle Jermey Parnell has told friends he plans to head to the
</span><a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">, sources say.
</span>

Nice!

Quote:[Image: B_qc-mHUYAAhDM_.jpg]

Parnell! get it!
So would you call this an *ahem* slam dunk signing?

Quote:Ian Rapoport ‏@<b>RapSheet</b> 59s60 seconds ago

Former #<b>Cowboys</b> swing tackle Jermey Parnell has told friends he plans to head to the #<b>Jaguars</b>, sources say.
Oh wow I like this better then the Odrick signing, Parnell is the kinda player we need on the OL, bring it on Murray and Parnell from Dallas

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Wonder if we are legit on Parnell, would we still make a run for Iupati/Wiz?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

People are saying his upside is great. I said earlier in the thread that when Parnell filled in for Free, the Cowboys didn't miss a beat offensively.

I'm excited.
Shock the world

Quote:People are saying his upside is great. I said earlier in the thread that when Parnell filled in for Free, the Cowboys didn't miss a beat offensively.

I'm excited.
I agree 100%. Jags are doing things the right way. Get a big name or two then get solid guys who fill needs. Exciting stuff indeed.

So if the rumors are true, right now we are looking at:

Julius Thomas

Demarco Murray

Odrick

Jeremy Parnell

And still looking at other guys like Rahim Moore, Parker, Orakpo, Worilds, etc.

I love it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr'>Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/574948301495136258' title="11:02 AM - 9 Mar 2015">4m4 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Former Cowboys OT Jermey Parnell to Jax for five years at roughly $6.5 per year, per source. Big man got paid. He is a backup no more.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

Very acceptable terms too. Great deal.

Quote:So if the rumors are true, right now we are looking at:

Julius Thomas

Demarco Murray

Odrick

Jeremy Parnell

And still looking at other guys like Rahim Moore, Parker, Orakpo, Worilds, etc.

I love it
Of your closing group, I would like Moore (though he is supposedly headed to Minnesota) and Orakpo (though injury is a concern).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Heck yeah

@RapSheet: Former #Cowboys swing tackle Jermey Parnell has told friends he plans to head to the #Jaguars, sources say.

Great news

I think we can still get better in both lines. Id add another Center on offense and try to get dan williams maybe on D

Im down with this. We need to get a good competition going for the center position by signing a FA IMO. It doesnt have to be Wisniewski, but someone who can push Bowanko and play well if needed because of injury. 

Honestly I think free agency has been great for us so far if we sign Thomas, Murray, Odrick, and Parnell. I just dont want to see a rookie go in if Bowanko gets hurt, and Im not of the opinion that Bowanko cant be upgraded at this point either. 

Quote:<span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr'>Clarence Hill<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@
clarencehilljr
</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/574948301495136258'>4m4 minutes ago</a></span></span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">

Former Cowboys OT Jermey Parnell to Jax for five years at roughly $6.5 per year, per source. Big man got paid. He is a backup no more.

</span>

Agreed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

What?  Who the hell is Jeremy Parnell?  This guy started 5 games last year and had really good players all around him.  I really hope we haven't given up on signing an elite RT like Bulaga.

Quote:Wonder if we are legit on Parnell, would we still make a run for Iupati/Wiz?

I don't think so. I would not be surprised if they drafted a guard in the mid-rounds to groom behind Beadles though.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr  4m4 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Former Cowboys OT Jermey Parnell to Jax for five years at roughly $6.5 per year, per source. Big man got paid. He is a backup no more.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

</div>
Actually after just sorting by RT salaries he is top 5 (pre Bulaga/Barksdale deals) at the position so we definitely ponied up to get him. 

Odrick could very well replace Red Bryant in a year or two in addition to rotating with Marks. He also could push Alualu off the roster.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:What?  Who the hell is Jeremy Parnell?  This guy started 5 games last year and had really good players all around him.  I really hope we haven't given up on signing an elite RT like Bulaga.

It's actually Jermey

Quote:What? Who the hell is Jeremy Parnell? This guy started 5 games last year and had really good players all around him. I really hope we haven't given up on signing an elite RT like Bulaga.

Maybe you should do some research. PFF is a good starting point.