Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:If he signs here, he's terrible.

If he signs somewhere else, then he's a stud.

How's that?
Smile  Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:smh @ these signings

a guy that has started 5 games...a guy who is just a guy in Odrick, and a guy who is a slightly above average TE
LOL!

How's that?
Sounds about right given some folks' reactions.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

How's that?
This lol

How's that?

About right. Even if we signed Suh the people saying to break the bank on him would be complaining we paid too much.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I do believe you've summed up this entire message board in one post.

How's that?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/MaxLuckan'>Max Luckan<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@MaxLuckan </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/MaxLuckan/status/574981987146067969'>4m4 minutes ago</a>
</span>

Re: DeMarco Murray, he is looking for a five-year deal at about $8M per year. Team willing to give him that will probably get him

If this is true, why not pony up the cash. He would be an upgrade over anything we have now.

8 million for a RB coming off a heavy carry year? Eehhh....

I'd like the guy, but not for that much.

Quote:If this is true, why not pony up the cash. He would be an upgrade over anything we have now.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I want Murray for 6 mill a year but at that rate I'm sure Dallas would retain him. 8 mill is steep if our OL isn't fixed up and with Parnell, Im still not sure if the signing will impact our OL production if the rest of the group doesn't get better. I can say run the ball to the right where Linder and Parnell play lol..

it doesn't really matter to us

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

8 million for Demarco? Sure why not. Salary cap is going up yearly

When he starts to decline is around the time we need to start paying those rookies, so we cut him and go for there

If we get 2-3 years of good Demarco we win the deal

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:8 million for a RB coming off a heavy carry year? Eehhh....

He'll get paid regardless, sign him.. The Jags can afford to take the risk and he's clearly an upgrade and an extra weapon for Bortles..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

How's that?
Realest thing said today TBH

Quote:7+7+9=23 mil 65-23=32 left over, will probably spend another 15 or more if we cut Mercedes
Is that Gator math?

Quote:8 million for a RB coming off a heavy carry year? Eehhh....

I tend to agree, but thinking about it, if they want him, why not? We gotta spend it somehow
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Everyone coming into to FA: "We better finally start spending this money or I'm done with Caldwell!"

Now: "That's way too expensive, blah blah lame signing, oh boy we are cursed"

Be careful what you wish for then.

Quote:Everyone coming into to FA: "We better finally start spending this money or I'm done with Caldwell!"

Now: "That's way too expensive, blah blah lame signing, oh boy we are cursed"

Be careful what you wish for then.

For real. If its the guy they think is the answer, pay them, we are in the best cap situation possible
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'm really excited for what we are doing here. J Thomas, odrick, Parnell, and demarco with the position we have in the draft.

This could really spark a great turnaround for the jaguars.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

pay the money upfront so it goes against this cap make the hit less over the last 4 years. (for murray)

Good idea. Front load the hell out of it.
Quote:pay the money upfront so it goes against this cap make the hit less over the last 4 years. (for murray)