Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/575022432945356800' title="3:56 PM - 9 Mar 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Texans officially released WR Andre Johnson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thomas appears to be the "big one" for us in free agency. The one that elevates a good batch of signings to a really good batch.

Sign him and we'd be pretty pleased with our haul, but if we miss out...

Quote:Julius Thomas' Dad love Pete Carroll, he's always posting on Twitter about him and posting pictures with him. Earlier this year he said:

His dad also has a picture online with Mark Davis while he is wearing a Raiders jersey.

[Image: Raider-Greg.jpg]

Not saying this is smartest choice but if we miss out on Julius, I can really see them making a rediculous overpaid offer that Miami would not be willing to match on Clay.

Quote:Not saying this is smartest choice but if we miss out on Julius, I can really see them making a rediculous overpaid offer that Miami would not be willing to match on Clay.
I sure hope not! Clay sucks

The whole Seahawks suddenly interested in Thomas screams of an agent trying to get more money for his player.  There hasn't been any real news that the Seahawks are interested, just faint rumors that they may make a last minute push.

I can see Thomas' agent saying the Seahawks are offering the same type contract, in that situation Thomas would choose to go with them.  So, the Jags are gonna have to sweeten the deal. 

IMO, Thomas is a special athlete, but not yet a special football player. If he ends up with Seattle, I don't think it changes our course towards a Super Bowl. Charles Clay is a good option at TE, and he'd cost considerably less.

Quote:The whole Seahawks suddenly interested in Thomas screams of an agent trying to get more money for his player.  There hasn't been any real news that the Seahawks are interested, just faint rumors that they may make a last minute push.

I can see Thomas' agent saying the Seahawks are offering the same type contract, in that situation Thomas would choose to go with them.  So, the Jags are gonna have to sweeten the deal. 
I don't see how Seattle would have the room to match the deal TBH.  THey are the two time defending NFC champs..and were <1 yard and <1 minute away from being two time defending Super Bowl champs.

Their young nucleus still needs to be retained, including QB Russell Wilson.

Granted, I'm no cap guy...but still.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:IMO, Thomas is a special athlete, but not yet a special football player. If he ends up with Seattle, I don't think it changes our course towards a Super Bowl. Charles Clay is a good option at TE, and he'd cost considerably less.

Not if we have to sign him to an offer sheet Miami won't match.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I don't see how Seattle would have the room to match the deal TBH. THey are the two time defending NFC champs..and were <1 yard and <1 minute away from being two time defending Super Bowl champs.

I wish they would just go sign Cameron and leave JT alone!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 04:18 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Quote:I don't see how Seattle would have the room to match the deal TBH.  THey are the two time defending NFC champs..and were <1 yard and <1 minute away from being two time defending Super Bowl champs.

True. But look at Miami. I had no idea they could get the room for Suh. And Kabaam; all in our faces.....

GO JAGS!!

Edit: I know Miami is supposedly cutting a lot of players to do so; it was still a surpise to even hear them as a possibility. And Seattle definitely doesn't need to cut many; if any.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Second round tender for Tashaun Gipson.

Quote:Second round tender for Tashaun Gipson.

I'd trade our second rounder for him easily.

Quote:IMO, Thomas is a special athlete, but not yet a special football player. If he ends up with Seattle, I don't think it changes our course towards a Super Bowl. Charles Clay is a good option at TE, and he'd cost considerably less.

I agree about Thomas.  When you have Manning throwing to you, you will look special.  Manning made all his TE's look great.   I'm all for signing him but I don't expect his performance to live up to what we will be paying him. 

It would stink if we missed out on him because I believe he would be an upgrade but I think there are other TE's out there who could contribute close to the same for less.

(@MaxLuckan) - #Seahawks made significant offer to TE Julius Thomas, but #Jaguars still have higher offer.

https://twitter.com/MaxLuckan/status/575025348804493313

Quote:Second round tender for Tashaun Gipson.
Wow that's actually very intriguing to me considering how week the safety position is in the draft. Why wouldn't we consider giving our 2nd round for a 24 yr old ascending safety with tape already in the NFL.

2nd rounder for Gipson? Let's do it. Then, during the draft, we can trade down and get a second round pick back!
Shock the world

Quote:(@MaxLuckan) - #Seahawks made significant offer to TE Julius Thomas, but #Jaguars still have higher offer.

So with the rumors of what we offered, does that mean that Seattle didn't know and put up lower? Or have we offered more than the rumors? hmm...

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:(@MaxLuckan) - #Seahawks made significant offer to TE Julius Thomas, but #Jaguars still have higher offer.

OH NOES!!

[Image: E13RXPR.jpg]

[Image: terrified.gif]

It's all about the $$$.  Hopefully the Jags have set a limit on Thomas and stick to it.