Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:Ian Rapoport ‏@<b>RapSheet</b> 31s32 seconds ago

The #<b>Browns</b> assigned free safety Tashaun Gipson a second-round RFA tender. With a shallow draft pool, wonder if someone will bite.

I'm starting to actually hope we do bite on this.
I wonder if Cleveland did that to gain ammo with which to trade up.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wonder if Cleveland did that to gain ammo with which to trade up.

I was just about to make a big speculative post about this. You saved me some time, ha.

We make the trade with them. They trade it back to us, plus their 2 first, and next years 2nd? too much? too little?

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:With our immense cap space and no need to extend any contracts in the near future on our team, there's absolutely no reason to be stingy with money. This is pretty much the only time you can just throw money around and not really get in trouble if it doesn't pan out. 

Just because a team has a ton of money doesn't mean they should throw it around.  They don't need to be stingy and can afford to overpay but they should set limits on players worth and stick to it, which is what the Jags seem to be doing. 

You don't have to spend all the money this year, spend it wisely and continue to do so for years to come so you can get the impact players you need and build a championship roster.

Gain ammo by getting our 2nd round pick, give it back to trade up with us.  :woot:

Sign Curtis Lofton please !!!

Tashaun Gipson

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...ree-agency

tl:dr,  Last bit of article:

He's got range and good blitzing ability to accompany his ability to create turnovers. He consistently gets good breaks on intermediate-to-deep balls. Pro Football Focus ranked Gipson its fourth-best coverage safety of 2014.

Quote:Second round tender for Tashaun Gipson.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport<span>Verified account</span>‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@RapSheet</span></a>
</div>
<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">The <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash'>#Browns</a> assigned free safety Tashaun Gipson a second-round RFA tender. With a shallow draft pool, wonder if someone will bite.

<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);"> 

<p class="" style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Yup make it happen Dave

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Dan Skuta?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Talking to a Cleveland fan that I know, he says he's worth a 2nd-round pick.  You get a young guy just starting to peak on the same level as McCourty.  We definitely can't get that quality of a FS with our 2nd round draft pick in the draft.

Quote:Talking to a Cleveland fan that I know, he says he's worth a 2nd-round pick.  You get a young guy just starting to peak on the same level as McCourty.  We definitely can't get that quality of a FS with our 2nd round draft pick in the draft.
I totally agree, i'm only this giddy about this prospect because of the heartbreak of McCourty lol

Quote:Apparently Skuta wants to get 10 sack seasons and become a pro bowler. Love this guys attitude and work ethic. Sign him.

every pass rusher wants to do that

Skuta would be a option at OTTO but I dont see him as some future probowler 

Surely Gipson for a second rounder is a no brainer? FS is our weakest position and there's no-one in the draft.

Quote:every pass rusher wants to do that

Skuta would be a option at OTTO but I dont see him as some future probowler 

He would be a rotational guy. Probably with their third pick at OTTO.

All I know for sure is that 4pm Tuesday is going to bring a lot of fans some excitement and another bunch of fans some disappointment.

Hopefully it is excitement for Jags fans.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 04:54 PM by Jags5.)

so how does the tender work? Do we offer a 2nd and he has to come? or do we have to negoitate a contract with him first?

nvm read up on it, it seems kinda like same deal as Mack last year. We have to make an offer and then the Browns would have chance to match and keep him and if they decide not to keep him we have to give the 2nd round pick as compensation.

Quote:All I know for sure is that 4pm Tuesday is going to bring a lot of fans some excitement and another bunch of fans some disappointment.

Hopefully it is excitement for Jags fans.
face it some Jaguars fans are gonna be happy. No Suh No Cobb No MCcourty. I'm personally excited to see who joins Bigcatcountry. I will be pissed if we don't sign J Thomas though. Go Jaguars

Quote:With our immense cap space and no need to extend any contracts in the near future on our team, there's absolutely no reason to be stingy with money. This is pretty much the only time you can just throw money around and not really get in trouble if it doesn't pan out. 

There is never an appropriate time to just throw money around...

IMO, Julius Thomas at $9M/yr and Charles Clay at $7.5/yr offer the same value IMO. Even if we don't get Thomas, we have options.

Quote:so how does the tender work? Do we offer a 2nd and he has to come? or do we have to negoitate a contract with him first?

nvm read up on it, it seems kinda like same deal as Mack last year. We have to make an offer and then the Browns would have chance to match and keep him and if they decide not to keep him we have to give the 2nd round pick as compensation.
I believe they have the option to match too.

Quote:so how does the tender work? Do we offer a 2nd and he has to come? or do we have to negoitate a contract with him first?

But they get a draft pick, unlike with Mack, which could make them not match 

With our Cap space I would throw McCourty money at him and say your move Browns