Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:The Browns have tons of cap space, it'd be foolish to let a young player like Gibson go even if they acquire the Jags 2nd round pick. It's almost impossible to find a stud FS these days, especially a 24 year old stud FS. The Jaguars would be negotiating the contract for the Browns, I can't see them not matching any offer the Jaguars drum up.

Wouldn't hurt to kick the tires. Best case we get him, worst case we don't. Not like we lose the pick just to try
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So Mr Football, these two signings put us ahead? Or gave us some depth? Depth is good, but they were obviously dispensable.

A guy with less than 10 starts and you think he's a huge talent. You nor I don't know that. He played with a lot more talent around him than he will have here. I'm hoping he's the next Tony B , but it's still premature.

But that's fine. Some are happy with a 5 year rebuilding plan, some aren't.

Are saying Parnell is better than Free? We paid him more.

Is Odrick better than Alualu? If not, it's a depth signing.

But I'll leave your expertise to explain things,coach

Hope these two put us over the top to contend with Indy. But I don't share your optimism.

Add Thomas and Murray, then we can talk.

Ringo you're acting like a little girl, as if the Jaguars didn't go hard after Randall Cobb and Devin McCourty, they're in talks with Julius Thomas and DeMarco Murray and have been linked to almost every "big name" FA, just be patient and let the process play out before whining.

Quote: If the pick was a low 2nd Round pick,  I think the Jaguars would be very tempted to put an offer sheet together.   Yet,  because it would be a very high 2nd Round pick,  I would be surprised if the Jaguars signed T. Gipson to an offer sheet.    I don't think that Dave Caldwell wants to give up the draft flexibility the very high 2nd Round pick provides.

Agreed, great post D6

Quote:True; but it would be like drafting our safety; coming with NFL experience and talent. It would be worth it to me. Plus maybe we trade down and pick up two more 1st's and a few more 2nd's lol

GO JAGS!!

I get it but wouldn't call losing McCourty to get to spend a 2nd rounder on Gipson and he is cheaper being a win//win.

Id rather pay more and keep the 2nd round pick...

Quote: If the pick was a low 2nd Round pick,  I think the Jaguars would be very tempted to put an offer sheet together.   Yet,  because it would be a very high 2nd Round pick,  I would be surprised if the Jaguars signed T. Gipson to an offer sheet.    I don't think that Dave Caldwell wants to give up the draft flexibility the very high 2nd Round pick provides.

Normally, I would agree with you completely! However, looking at the draft in a whole and our major needs position wise, I see this play being more valuable than a high 2nd round pick. It's just me though. I see your point. Like I said, another draft with a different position situation, I'd be right there with you. This would just equal a major hit on a 2nd round pick.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Wouldn't hurt to kick the tires. Best case we get him, worst case we don't. Not like we lose the pick just to try

But we'd have to give up a high 2nd round pick, I just don't see David Caldwell doing that, if we had an extra 2nd rounder I'd be all for it. 

(@ryanohalloran) - Is Cleveland RFA Tashaun Gipson worth the #Jaguars giving up the 36th pick for? He would solidify the free safety spot, but I'd be surprised
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 05:22 PM by D6.)

Quote:Agreed, great post D6

Thanks!

As much as the Jaguars want to upgrade their FS situation,  the downside of giving up a pick in the upper reaches of Round 2 is what would happen if a player the Jaguars have rated as a top 20 draft on falls to the high part of Round 2?    That's a risk I don't believe Dave Caldwell is willing to take.  Time will tell.

Quote:(@ryanohalloran) - Is Cleveland RFA Tashaun Gipson worth the #Jaguars giving up the 36th pick for? He would solidify the free safety spot, but I'd be surprised

I'd rather take a look at Ron Parker than to part with the 36th overall pick.

Quote:Thanks!

As much as the Jaguars want to upgrade their FS situation,  the downside of giving up a pick in the upper reaches of Round 2 is what would happen if a player the Jaguars have a top 20 draft on falls to the high part of Round 2?    That's a risk I don't believe Dave Caldwell is willing to take.  Time will tell.

I don't see David taking that risk as well, if we had an additional 2nd/3rd rounder then yea, but a high 2nd round pick is too valuable to part with, even for a player like Gibson.

If we want to be charitable and do the heavy lifting of negotiating a long term deal for the Browns again then sure, we should make an offer for Gipson that they will just snap match again. Gipson is one of their most important players and once again the Browns have a lot more cap space than us. 

Quote:If we want to be charitable and do the heavy lifting of negotiating a long term deal for the Browns again then sure, we should make an offer for Gipson that they will just snap match again. Gipson is one of their most important players and once again the Browns have a lot more cap space than us. 

Exactly, I can't see them not matching anyway. 

I'd give it up in a heartbeat.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Normally, I would agree with you completely! However, looking at the draft in a whole and our major needs position wise, I see this play being more valuable than a high 2nd round pick. It's just me though. I see your point. Like I said, another draft with a different position situation, I'd be right there with you. This would just equal a major hit on a 2nd round pick.

GO JAGS!!

I certainly respect your opinion.    This can be looked at from 2 different ways that both have a great amount of legitimacy.   Yet,  from my point of view,  I believe that high caliber GM's put a tremendous value on draft flexibility.   Especially the further up you go in the draft.   Whatever Dave Caldwell decides with this,  from an NFL fan standpoint perspective,  I will respect his decision.

Wait, what nightmare did I wake up to? I take a nap for 2 hours and multiple people are wanting to pay 8 mil for a running back AND use a 2nd day pick on one? 

The only advantage to wasting 8 mil in cap space on a RB is not having to waste a valuable pick on a RB...

Quote:I don't see David taking that risk as well, if we had an additional 2nd/3rd rounder then yea, but a high 2nd round pick is too valuable to part with, even for a player like Gibson.

Agreed.

I'm sure we can go back to past drafts and recall that there were many players we didn't think would be available in the top quarter of Round 2 surprisingly being there.

Quote:But we'd have to give up a high 2nd round pick, I just don't see David Caldwell doing that, if we had an extra 2nd rounder I'd be all for it.

I think he is worth it. Just based on age and production already, would you take him with that pick if he was in this draft?

Then again, I completely see your side too. I won't be upset either way
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I think he is worth it. Just based on age and production already, would you take him with that pick if he was in this draft?

I don't know if I'd take him because I have no idea who would be available at 36, if a player the Jaguars covet (presumably with a 1st round grade) falls to 36, they might value that player more than Gibson. This is the reason why I wouldn't pull the trigger, there are too many unknowns. Again, I'd expect the Browns to match any offer the Jaguars propose so it's a moot point anyway.

Quote:Wait, what nightmare did I wake up to? I take a nap for 2 hours and multiple people are wanting to pay 8 mil for a running back AND use a 2nd day pick on one? 

The only advantage to wasting 8 mil in cap space on a RB is not having to waste a valuable pick on a RB...

The 2nd rounder is a tender provided by the Browns for their FS Gipson. Discussing the possibility and weighing its benefits and drawbacks.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:I think he is worth it. Just based on age and production already, would you take him with that pick if he was in this draft?

From the standpoint of an interesting discussion,  this would be a great thread to put together a few days after the draft.   This way,  we can see which players were available when that spot of the draft came around.    There probably would be a wide variety of opinions.