Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:in no particular order:

1. McCray

2. House

3. Colvin

4. Ball(?)

5. Browner

6. Harris

7. Gratz

If the team signs Browner then Ball isn't coming back.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would think we would carry at least 5 CBs on the 53 man roster.   Gratz, Colvin, McCray, House, Browner.  

Also, injuries happen. 

I've seen many times what looks like a deep CB situation in August become a situation in which players are being signed off the football street in the weeks and months that followed.   To the point that it can easily be the reason a season is derailed.  

Also,  it's a positive to have a deep CB unit from the standpoint that it's often a position that greatly enhances a team's Special Teams units.  

Quote:Just read the entire thread. Wow.

Wow is right. When did you start, yesterday? There's a whole lot (of nothing- lol just kidding) to read thru
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Well the Eagles are about to sign Ryan Mathews so this looks like a 2 team race for Murray. Dallas or Jacksonville!
Shock the world

Quote:Well the Eagles are about to sign Ryan Mathews so this looks like a 2 team race for Murray. Dallas or Jacksonville!

I just want an answer one way or the other already
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

i have a feeling Murray is using us as leverage to Dallas

he's giving them time to come with the proper offer

So back to Jaguars and Cowboys for Murray lol

ryan mathews to phly 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:True. And I think he has enough talent to keep that fifth spot, but if another guy steps up like McCray did you never know

There's many different ways to build a roster.   If everything is equal,  my preference is to have a very deep Defensive Line and Secondary.  These days,  it's not as necessary to have as much depth at LB because 3 or more WR sets are used a large % of the time.  

Quote:i have a feeling Murray is using us as leverage to Dallas

he's giving them time to come with the proper offer

If he signs here, people will say it was only for the money.

If he re-signs there, people will say he used the Jaguars.

Quote:Wow is right. When did you start, yesterday? There's a whole lot (of nothing- lol just kidding) to read thru

This has got to be the most interesting start to a league year in recent memory. Plus the Jags got one of the best tight ends in football. Love it.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

@AlfieBCC: Demarco Murray is down to the #Jaguars or #Cowboys. Have to make an offer Dallas won’t match.

https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status...2150066176
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:.

If he signs here, people will say it was only for the money.

If he re-signs there, people will say he used the Jaguars.
im already not expecting him, so i won't be disappointed

HOWEVAH, if he comes, i'm cool with being wrong

Quote:how old are you?
I asked this myself several times yesterday after seeing you snivel repeatedly that we were merely signing 6 solid upgrades to our roster, and not going all in on guys we never had a chance at.

I believe the DeMarco waiting game can best be described as blue chip blue balls.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:It's not about that.  You still don't overpay for running backs.  He's 27, right?  It's not worth the risk on a guy that has had injury issues in the past.

Ordinarily, I would agree. But these are different times, with the cap space we have and the need to reach the floor. Just look at the contracts that guys like JT Thomas and Skuta are getting. The going rate has gone up by a good amount. So the question is, do we want to overpay for sub-par talents that are left in FA? Or do we roll the dice on a guy who could, if he shows the form from last season, transform our offense?

Quite frankly, there is no offensive player (once Cobb stayed in GB) in free-agency that would have changed this still very young offense as drastically as Murray. With his addition and Julius already on the fold, the burden to carry this offense is suddenly lifted from the young shoulders of Bortles, Robinson, and Lee.

And that's just what this team needed offensively heading into the off-season.

Quote:I believe the DeMarco waiting game can best be described as blue chip blue balls.

Haha.   And what happens if he signs with us?   Don't answer that. 

I'm not expecting him here.   I think he's just trying to leverage as much money as possible out of Dallas.   He'll sign with them eventually.   

Quote:Ordinarily, I would agree. But these are different times, with the cap space we have and the need to reach the floor. Just look at the contracts that guys like JT Thomas and Skuta are getting. The going rate has gone up by a good amount. So the question is, do we want to overpay for sub-par talents that are left in FA? Or do we roll the dice on a guy who could, if he shows the form from last season, transform our offense?

Quite frankly, there is no offensive player (once Cobb stayed in GB) in free-agency that would have changed this still very young offense as drastically as Murray. With his addition and Julius already on the fold, the burden to carry this offense is suddenly lifted from the young shoulders of Bortles, Robinson, and Lee.

And that's just what this team needed offensively heading into the off-season.

Unless you are literally the person writing him a check, the risk is minimal. If he comes here, the contract will be likely be written in a way where all the guaranteed cash is front loaded. if it is a 4-5 year deal, there will be no dead money on the last two or three years.

Quote:Unless you are literally the person writing him a check, the risk is minimal. If he comes here, the contract will be likely be written in a way where all the guaranteed cash is front loaded. if it is a 4-5 year deal, there will be no dead money on the last two or three years.
yep. essentially make it a 3 yr deal and get rid of him

Quote:I believe the DeMarco waiting game can best be described as blue chip blue balls.

Hey, atleast we know he's not a bust! (Drum roll- cymbal!) Wink
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Signing Murray would make this offense look real good from the outside.  But would it be hollow? 

Bortles

Murray

Thomas

Robinson

Lee

Hurns

but then, at the core of the offense: 

Joeckel

Beadles

Bowanko

Linder

Parnell