Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/md_1010xl'>Mike Dempsey ‏@md_1010xl </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/md_1010xl/status/575715694773420033' title="1:51 PM - 11 Mar 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Dave Caldwell: Every time he watched tape of DeMarco Murray, he was impressed with how Jeremy Parnell was blowing people off the ball.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So....is it Dal/Jax like Luckan said, or Dal/Oak like Harrison says?

What they are stating is that Oakland has the high bid over Dallas and Jax.  If he takes the most money, it's Oakland, and if not, it's likely Dallas.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:So he batted .600 on who he wanted? Not bad.

.800 since Cobb didn't make it to the market.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So he batted .600 on who he wanted? Not bad.

1.000 on the ones that weren't re-signed.

Quote:You do realize that Oakland has to pay over 15% more than other teams becuase of the state sales tax, not to mention the cost of living difference in California.

If the Raiders have more money than us, they can offer a bigger contract than we do to make up for those taxes and housing prices. Then when you take out taxes, the contracts are very similar in total amounts.

Quote:What they are stating is that Oakland has the high bid over Dallas and Jax. If he takes the most money, it's Oakland, and if not, it's likely Dallas.

I thought we had the high bid.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If that's true I'm not sure Gus would want someone like that
I was just having this convo with a friend at work. These guys we signed got good money and all but they all seem excited and ready to play football for the Jacksonville Jaguars, With DM I dont feel that way.

Quote:1.000 on the ones that weren't re-signed.

Yea this. Long morning..

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/md_1010xl'>Mike Dempsey ‏@md_1010xl </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/md_1010xl/status/575716407763169280' title="1:54 PM - 11 Mar 2015">1m1 minute ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">I was also told (not by Caldwell) that OL coach Doug Marrone thinks Parnell is a freaking stud.

Wonder if Hardy would be happy to play for Gus?

Quote:I was just having this convo with a friend at work. These guys we signed got good money and all but they all seem excited and ready to play football for the Jacksonville Jaguars, With DM I dont feel that way.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 01:56 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:His name is Jermey Parnell. Did we sign someone named Jeremy?

I never saw that name before and thought somebody misspelled it.

At this point I'm not too hot on Murray anymore. I want him in Jax but I don't get the feeling he wants to be here.

Rather Draft a guy at this point

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Mike Dempsey ‏@md_1010xl  4m4 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Dave Caldwell said Jags used the money they offered McCourty 2 sign Skuta, House & Brown. If McCourty had signed, would not have the other 3

</div>

Grrr....why the Pats gotta ruin it!!!!

Quote:I was just having this convo with a friend at work. These guys we signed got good money and all but they all seem excited and ready to play football for the Jacksonville Jaguars, With DM I dont feel that way.

why? because he is trying to maximize his value? Your faulting him for not taking the first contract put in front of him and waiting to see how much he can squeeze out of teams? 

Sorry but you can't fault a person for getting everything he can.

Quote:<span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/md_1010xl'>Mike Dempsey<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@
md_1010xl
</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/md_1010xl/status/575716407763169280'>1m1 minute ago</a></span></span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">

I was also told (not by Caldwell) that OL coach Doug Marrone thinks Parnell is a freaking stud.

</span>

I figured he had some input.

Ditto. Dave and Gus seem like guys who target players that are buying into the vision. Murray is sounding like a hired gun now.

Quote:At this point I'm not too hot on Murray anymore. I want him in Jax but I don't get the feeling he wants to be here.

Rather Draft a guy at this point

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Mike Dempsey ‏@md_1010xl  1m1 minute ago

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">I was also told (not by Caldwell) that OL coach Doug Marrone thinks Parnell is a freaking stud.

I hope he is right.

Cant say he wasnt targeting the right players. Real shame about McCourty but what can you do. The Patriots are a safe option to play for as they'll always be successful with Brady/Belichick.

Good to hear that Marrone thinks Parnell is a stud!

So money for Cobb is going to Murray...

Quote:What they are stating is that Oakland has the high bid over Dallas and Jax.  If he takes the most money, it's Oakland, and if not, it's likely Dallas.

Adding to this... don't think he's going to get the money he wanted even if Oak has the high bid.

If all this is true, then of all the premium FAs on the market, Murray is likely to be the only one to not get top dollar.

There's something curious there.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."