Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Need a slot guy...

Cooper actually reminds me of Randall Cobb.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/575766264955670530' title="5:12 PM - 11 Mar 2015">26s</a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/575766264955670530' title="5:12 PM - 11 Mar 2015">26 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Despite signing big-ticket TE Julius Thomas, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> don’t plan on cutting veteran Marcedes Lewis. Teams have inquired about a trade, tho

Quote:I got the impression they gave him their best, highest offer and left it at that.  Since it sounds like no one, even the highest bidder (Oak) were as high as he was looking for.

I wouldn't say that's not pursuing hard.  It's going as far as you're willing to go.

The bids are in, and Murray isn't pulling his "reserve price."

So the car goes unsold.

Sounds about right.

I guess that means the car goes back to its original owner, at the original owners price?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/575766264955670530' title="5:12 PM - 11 Mar 2015">28s29 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Despite signing big-ticket TE Julius Thomas, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> don’t plan on cutting veteran Marcedes Lewis. Teams have inquired about a trade, tho

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  26s

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">26 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Despite signing big-ticket TE Julius Thomas, #Jaguars don’t plan on cutting veteran Marcedes Lewis. Teams have inquired about a trade, tho

</div>

Would be nice to get anything for him

Quote:Would be nice to get anything for him

Without a doubt. Must be JDR and the raiders calling about him. No one else would be so 3 yards and a cloud of dust focused.

Quote:Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  26s

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">26 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Despite signing big-ticket TE Julius Thomas, #Jaguars don’t plan on cutting veteran Marcedes Lewis. Teams have inquired about a trade, tho

</div>

So I guess that means he's a Jag next season, unless of course Dave gets an offer for a trade that he can't refuse.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Could be a draft day trade.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I would trade him for a 6th at this point.
Shock the world

Quote:Would be nice to get anything for him

Quote:Without a doubt. Must be JDR and the raiders calling about him. No one else would be so 3 yards and a cloud of dust focused.

Quote:So I guess that means he's a Jag next season, unless of course Dave gets an offer for a trade that he can't refuse.

I think I'd want a 4th (and doubt you'd get higher).  I wouldn't be in any hurry to get rid of him though.    

Quote:I would trade him for a 6th at this point.

I'd gladly take a conditional pick for the guy at this point. He's done nothing to indicate he's going to have any impact on the field in the future.

I would on take a fourth or better for Lewis. He is a good insurance policy for Julius.

I think Marcedes would go for a 4th if a team has a young TE that they want to feature in the pass game but they also need help pass protecting and want a veteran presence at TE

I really don't have a problem holding onto him for another season, we've got plenty of cap space. Unless of course someone makes us an offer we can't refuse.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 05:24 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:I think Marcedes would go for a 4th if a team has a young TE that they want to feature in the pass game but they also need help pass protecting and want a veteran presence at TE
you mean like the Jaguars?

We need as much blocking and receiving help as possible, our offense was awful last year

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I'd gladly take a conditional pick for the guy at this point. He's done nothing to indicate he's going to have any impact on the field in the future.

With this being his last year in the contract, I can see us trading him; rather than him walking away next year. Because we probably aren't going to resign him. It would make sense. I just don't know that kind of value he'd pull..

GO JAGS!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:I would on take a fourth or better for Lewis. He is a good insurance policy for Julius.

Exactly.  Plus he adds experience to the offense and you could maybe get creative with him in 2 TE sets.  He may actually end up improving as a receiver with better weapons around him.

Quote:I would trade him for a 6th at this point.

When you start signing this many FAs and are having as many return players as they will in 2015, those late round picks have less and less value.

Quote:you mean like the Jaguars?

We need as much blocking and receiving help as possible, our offense was awful last year

If they decide to trade him then a cheap replacement just became available:

Quote:Scott Chandler | FA

(March 11, 2015 5:02 PM EDT)

Bills released TE Scott Chandler.

The move creates $2.25 million in cap space, and is further evidence that the Bills are serious about their pursuit of Dolphins transition player Charles Clay. Chandler spent the past five years in Buffalo, averaging 45 catches over the past four seasons. Chandler is a solid blocker, but lost some of his already-limited athleticism following his 2012 ACL tear. Going on 30, he'll be limited to 1-2 year offers in free agency.

SOURCE: BUFFALOBILLS.COM

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:you mean like the Jaguars?

When your team is thinking about how to get more blocking out of its skill positions then you're doing it all wrong. You force the defense to pull guys out of the box by having great receiving threats and a QB that understands protections and hot reads. Marcedes entire skillset is backward to what the modern NFL demands.