Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:If they decide to trade him then a cheap replacement just became available:

Yea I saw that and thought he would be a good pick up if Lewis is out

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Exactly.  Plus he adds experience to the offense and you could maybe get creative with him in 2 TE sets.  He may actually end up improving as a receiver with better weapons around him.
Or it lights a fire under his [BLEEP]!!!!!!!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk'>ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/575773969866883072' title="5:43 PM - 11 Mar 2015">7s8 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">DeMarco Murray situation heating up; look for things to come to a head most likely later today.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 05:45 PM by Voltage-.)

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk  7s8 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">DeMarco Murray situation heating up; look for things to come to a head most likely later today.

</div>

What's the probability of the Jags sneaking in and getting him? I'm thinking 10%. 

Quote:What's the probability of the Jags sneaking in and getting him? I'm thinking 10%. 

I'd guess Philadelphia is the leader and we'll give one last push for him.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 05:47 PM by Tuxedo.)

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk  22s23 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Eagles, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys are in the mix for DeMarco Murray. Will 2014 NFL rushing champ actually change teams?

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">^The above order is how I'd rank each team's likelihood of getting him.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk  22s23 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Eagles, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys are in the mix for DeMarco Murray. Will 2014 NFL rushing champ actually change teams?

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">^The above order is how I'd rank each team's likelihood of getting him.

</div>

Didn't Eagles already sign Ryan Mathews?

Still would love Murray here, but would understand if he chooses another team...

I think it would be a mistake fit him to go to the eagles.

Cowboys or jaguars is the smart move

Quote:Still would love Murray here, but would understand if he chooses another team...

Whoever offers him the most money is the smart move. 

What do you base the above opinion on?

Quote:Still would love Murray here, but would understand if he chooses another team...

definitely would welcome murray. if not i really would like to see rahim moore or hardy(or some other leo) added. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I'd be fine with Murray or a RB in round 2,3. I like the idea of Bortles having a veteran to lean on, but this draft is stacked at RB as well.

Quote:What's the probability of the Jags sneaking in and getting him? I'm thinking 10%. 
I'm guessing .0005%

I'd like to not dish out a huge contract on a RB.  Let's wrap this FA up.  Fill a few more holes/depth with economical players and save that cap money for down the road when we need to retain our draft pics.  The way Caldwell's been drafting, 2 - 3 years from now i think we could run into some issues, especially if we aren't responsible today.

This is a RB we're talking about!  Every year several rookies explode onto the scene, and cheap!  Draft one in the 3rd or 4th and continue to let DROB develop.  We don't need Murray!

Quote:Whoever offers him the most money is the smart move.

What do you base the above opinion on?

It's not all about money...

How one would be treated and utilized can factor in. Not to mention a possibility of a playoff run...

Bills just released Scott Chandler. Another TE option for Jets,Raiders,Saints, Falcons or other teams looking for TE!

I bet what teams are offering is a 6th for Lewis and Caldwell would take a 5th in a heartbeat. The reason why I say this is that he has one year left on his contract and the team trading for him could a contender, maybe Pats? IDK but thats what I think. 

Don't be surprised if Murray ends up here. Raiders have 13 percent state tax might as well come here for a bit cheaper and not pay state taxes. You can live on the beach for cheaper than most places. Cowboys prob offering 6 mill a year and we've got 8 last I heard. He must also think about the Roy Helu and Rya Mattews signing as well as Kelly being a sellout coach. His choice, but to me if he picks Jags or Cowboys he wins anything else he is in a bad situation. 

Quote:Didn't Eagles already sign Ryan Mathews?

Yep. According to reports he reached out to the Eagles trying to work out a deal.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 06:18 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Yep. According to reports he reached out to the Eagles trying to work out a deal.

Eagles right now are the ultimate "if they stay healthy" team. All their players have an injury history.

Quote:It's not all about money...
LOL!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn'><b>Ed Werder</b> <span> <span>@Edwerderespn </span> </span> </a>  ·  <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/575783657392115712'> <span> 1m 1 minute ago </a> </span>

<p class="">My sense: <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/DeMarcoMurray'>@<b>DeMarcoMurray</b></a> decision could happen soon, that <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> not actively involved, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash'>#<b>Raiders</b></a> offering most $$$, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cowboys?src=hash'>#<b>Cowboys</b></a> lead <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash'>#<b>Eagles</b></a>

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."