Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

In before someone says we should sign Goldson.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

we should sign Goldson

Quote:Foles is a big upgrade over Bradford.
He's really not. Foles is just a guy. He had a great year in Chips first year but last year? Teams figured him out.

Bradford has a lot more skill than Foles but just needs to stay healthy.

If both players are healthy, Bradford is twice the QB Foles is.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@<b>RapSheet</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/575808229952864256' title="4:59 PM - 11 Mar 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">I wondered if <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/WaitingforDeMarco?src=hash'>#<b>WaitingforDeMarco</b></a> is coming to a conclusion. Response? “Anyone’s ballgame.”

Quote:Not with Foles at the helm.

As long as Nick Foles can play all 16 games or close,  that in itself will give them much needed QB stability that they haven't had for the most part the last few years.  While Foles will never be an elite QB,  if they can surround him with enough talent on both sides of the ball and on Special Teams,   I think he's good enough to get to the playoffs and even win a playoff game.   Ultimately though,  if they want to go deep in the playoffs,  they probably will need a better long term solution at QB. 

Foles is alright but if he stays healthy like D6 said he will be an upgrade over brittle bradford.

Let's say Murray does sign.

Would you look at him as a mercenary for playing all angles to secure the best deal or would you sweep it under the rug because we secured the rights to a promising halfback?

Quote: 

@RapSheet on @NFLNetwork: Murray decision likely to come tonight. Raiders believed to be offering most money.

Quote:He's really not. Foles is just a guy. He had a great year in Chip's first year but last year? Teams figured him out.

Bradford has a lot more skill than Foles but just needs to stay healthy.

If both players are healthy, Bradford is twice the QB Foles is.

So why hasn't Bradford been playing like a #1 overall pick when he is healthy? Why haven't the Rams had a winning record his entire career?

It seems like everything people say about the trade is the Rams got better and the Eagles got worse.

Quote:The tough market for Demarco Murray.

Lol! Yo, i swear, boyyy! He was referring to Murray reaching out to The Smeagles
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 08:18 PM by BritishJag.)

Bradford is a good QB who spends too much time injured to get to the next level.

He holds 2 NFL records:

Most consecutive passes without an interception by a rookie quarterback (169)
Most completions by a rookie quarterback (354)

And his 2012 season was really quite good. 3702 yards passing, 21TDs  13INTs.
If he can stay healthy for 2 or 3 full seasons he has the skills of being a top 10 QB. In his last season (2013) in 7 games he put up 1687 yards and had 14TD's to 4INT's. Spread out over a full season you're looking at 30TD's and 10INT's based on those stats.

Quote:So why hasn't Bradford been playing like a #1 overall pick when he is healthy? Why haven't the Rams had a winning record his entire career?

It seems like everything people say about the trade is the Rams got better and the Eagles got worse.
The trade wasn't good but Bradford is better.

Check out his stats

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13197/sam-bradford'>http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13197/sam-bradford</a>

When he played, that Rams team had so much less talent than the Eagles it's not even funny. Foles had Chip Kelly, Maclin, Desean, McCoy,Cooper, a better o line and good TEs. Bradford hasn't had anybody.

Before he got hurt in 2013, he had 14 tds and 4 picks in 7 games.

Quote:Bradford is a good QB who spends too much time injured to get to the next level.

He holds 2 NFL records:

Most consecutive passes without an interception by a rookie quarterback (169)

Most completions by a rookie quarterback (354)

And his 2012 season was really quite good. 3702 yards passing, 21TDs  13INTs.

If he can stay healthy for 2 or 3 full seasons he has the skills of being a top 10 QB. Last season in 7 games he put up 1687 yards and had 14TD's to 4INT's. Spread out over a full season you're looking at 30TD's and 10INT's based on those stats.
2013 was 2 years ago.... When that team had no talent.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 08:20 PM by BritishJag.)

Oops, yeah. I'm agreeing with you by the way, I think Bradford has a higher ceiling than Foles. Kelly is banking on him staying healthy but I don't think he wanted Foles anyway so if Bradford does go down injured again, he's not lost much because the conditional picks are based on Bradford starting games.

Quote:Oops, yeah. I'm agreeing with you by the way, I think Bradford has a higher ceiling than Foles. Kelly is banking on him staying healthy but I don't think he wanted Foles anyway so if Bradford does go down injured again, he's not lost much.

He may still want Marcus Mariota in the draft.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

@RapSheet on @NFLNetwork: Murray decision likely to come tonight. Raiders believed to be offering most money.

</blockquote>
oakland just picked up roy helu so if this happens i'll be gutted

helu would be buried behind both murrays and i picked him up on two of my dynasty leagues in the hope he might get a shot as the starter

I still would really like to get Murray

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 08:24 PM by BritishJag.)

Quote:He may still want Marcus Mariota in the draft.
Yeah he might, he might want Jameis Winston too. Who knows? I remember a couple of years ago everyone thinking the Bills would draft Ryan Nassib because Doug Marrone coached him at Syracuse but he took FSU's EJ Manuel.

I think people are looking too much into Chip Kelly and Oregon players. He's only got a few starters who came from Oregon.

Quote:Let's say Murray does sign.

Would you look at him as a mercenary for playing all angles to secure the best deal or would you sweep it under the rug because we secured the rights to a promising halfback?
I think in this NFL as a running back you have to find the most money you can. This is going to be his only chance to get paid and he has to be smart about it. RB don't get to stay in the league for long. I don't blame him for wanting more money. He was the Offensive Player of the Year and nobody wants to pay him because he had to many carries which isn't his fault. The Cowboys ran him into the ground because they don't care about his health. The least they could do is pay him a respectable amount.

Here are the official percentages of the different teams to land the DeMarco Murray "sweepstakes":

Dallas - 62%

Oakland - 29%

Jags - 9%

I'm sure MissJagsFanatic will have questions about these numbers but I assure you, these came directly from Vegas.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>