Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:What are the betting odds? I'd throw $50 on the Jags for the heck of it

Dallas 3-5

Oakland 4-1

Jacksonville 10-1
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk'>ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/575827263247142913' title="9:14 PM - 11 Mar 2015">2m2 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">At least one of the teams pursuing DeMarco Murray believes he will be staying in Dallas.

Quote:I am sure we are out of this.A very good thing.

Why would it be a very good thing to miss out on Murray?

Quote:ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk  2m2 minutes ago

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">At least one of the teams pursuing DeMarco Murray believes he will be staying in Dallas.

Probably us from what Dave Caldwell is saying.

Quote:Better idea: Trade Marcedes Lewis to another team that can give us an extra draft pick. A running back available at #31 probably will still be available at #36.

This is not true. A running back available at #31 could be drafted at #32. Or they could be drafted at #33. Or they could be drafted at #34. Or they could be drafted at #35. If any of those happen, we wouldn't be able to draft him at #36.

We're not gonna get Murray, bummer....

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk'>ProFootballTalk ‏@
ProFootballTalk </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/575827263247142913'>2m2 minutes ago</a>

At least one of the teams pursuing DeMarco Murray believes he will be staying in Dallas.

Exactly. It was his plan from the get-go.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:The Saints are in salary cap hell and just dumped their all-pro TE because he's expensive, you think they would be a team to trade for Lewis and his huge contract?

Makes 0 sense.
Restructuree his deal

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:We should not get rid of Lewis to move up 5 spots.
Jumping teams that pick at the top of the 2nd round to get a guy you want, is much better then the 6th round pick we prob would get for Lewis

#WaitingForDeMarco

Smh.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:This is not true. A running back available at #31 could be drafted at #32. Or they could be drafted at #33. Or they could be drafted at #34. Or they could be drafted at #35. If any of those happen, we wouldn't be able to draft him at #36.

After the Saints pick, the next five are: Patriots, Titans, Buccaneers, Raiders, Jaguars. If you look at team needs, it is realistic to expect any running back available at #31 to still be on the board five picks later.

I won't be staying up all night this time. Fool me once...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'm just here to read the comments

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I'm just here<del> to read the comments</del> so I won't get fined.

Seemed appropriate.

Quote:I won't be staying up all night this time. Fool me once...

LOL!! I hear ya!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Yup.  Good franchises have a plan and are usually very patient with that plan and believe in the process until it comes to fruition.  This guy has just acquired the power to call personnel decisions and has lost his freakin mind.

LOL. You may be correct - or Chip may be smarter than the rest of us.

But he does have a plan and I respect that very much. I think we tend to freak out when a name player moves on, but I think Kelly wants to improve his defense. He knows he can create offense with a variety of players.

I must say I'm now sort of pulling for the Eagles, who I've never really followed at all. Kelly makes things more interesting and is not, by far, the same coach-stereotype we are used to seeing.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:After the Saints pick, the next five are: Patriots, Titans, Buccaneers, Raiders, Jaguars. If you look at team needs, it is realistic to expect any running back available at #31 to still be on the board five picks later.

Hmmm, you might be right. NONE of those teams need a running back. Good call.

NFLN just said he will be making his decision within the hour, he is weighing his options and they just mentioned the Jaguars too. All day its been between Oakland and Philly, at least were in the mix. Im not gonna get my hopes up , but just imagine how much better our offense would be with him....Demarco and Denard!!! And we could cut Toby, actually we could cut him with or without Demarco,

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

Quote:Why would it be a very good thing to miss out on Murray?

Quote:Why would it be a very good thing to miss out on Murray?
Easy to much money.Go get a RB in the draft.

Quote:Hmmm, you might be right. NONE of those teams need a running back. Good call.
But teams will also be looking to trade up

And I hope Murray does make his choice in the hour