Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Great little video with the newest Jags.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/5ac5e4db-2668-4e...55dccaba01

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora'>Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/576086592177192960' title="2:25 PM - 12 Mar 2015">18s19 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Hearing the Fins, Bills, Rams, Vikings and possibly even Saints sniffing around on Evan Mathis, who Eagles are willing to move...

Quote:<b>Adam Schefter</b>

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">
<div>@AdamSchefter
</div>
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">Ravens reached agreement with RB Justin Forsett, per source. RB market heating up.

</div>

I wonder why he wanted to stay in Baltimore after hearing where his offensive coordinator went.

Quote:Craziy is the word of the week, but I don't know what's so insane about trading Even Mathis.
What if it was Odd Mathis?

Quote:From the Eagles board:

"Yeah just saw the breakdown and a follow tweet that says the Eagles essentially got Murray, Kiko and 5.5M in cap savings for Shady.

Doesn't look equity like so much of the hilarity inducing, bonehead move some have tried to make it out to be to me."

Kind of true....

They are getting a guy coming off an ACL injury and don't really know how he'll respond.  

How did they save 5 million if they just turned around and gave it to Murray?

What you just posted is an Eagles fan trying to make it sound rational, and its not.  It sounds just like the Jaguar board when we do something stupid.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 02:30 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:They are getting a guy coming off an ACL injury and don't really know how he'll respond.  

What you just posted is an Eagles fan trying to make it sound rational, and its not.  It sounds just like the Jaguar board when we do something stupid.

i think shady got 26mil guaranteed and demarco got 21mil or something like that. 

but it still makes no sense. they arent calculating in kiko's contract (which actually looks really small) or anything like that. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:i think shady got 26mil guaranteed and demarco got 21mil or something like that. 

but it still makes no sense. they arent calculating in kiko's contract or anything like that. 

....You mean this contract? - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-...ko-alonso/

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015, 02:34 PM by J-Mizzal.)

I saw on twitter Saints close to a deal for Brandon Browner 

I'm seeing these on my phone sorry for no links, but Tyrod Taylor is told he is competing for the Bills starting QB job and nobody is ahead of him - oh my

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:They are getting a guy coming off an ACL injury and don't really know how he'll respond.  

The contract structure more than likely was the cap difference. Plus I think McCoy was due a big bonus. I may be mistaken, but I think this was the case.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote: 

<div style="margin:0px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(136,153,166);">
<div><b>Dianna Marie Russini</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@NBCdianna</span></span> · <span>11m11 minutes ago</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">New Orleans is trying to trade wide receiver Kenny Still per sources #Saints

</div>
Well, they just traded Ben Grubbs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Any interest in Stills? Burner who probably can play slot

Quote:I saw on twitter Saints close to a deal for Brandon Browner 

I'm seeing these on my phone sorry for no links, but Tyrod Taylor is told he is competing for the Bills starting QB job and nobody is ahead of him - oh my

How can they do that when they are millions of dollars above the salary cap?

Quote:The contract structure more than likely was the cap difference. Plus I think McCoy was due a big bonus. I may be mistaken, but I think this was the case.

Either way, the money is close to a wash....and if you ask me, with the offense the Eagles run, I think I would prefer Mccoy.

Quote:Any interest in Stills? Burner who probably can play slot

"Probably can" means he is not a slot receiver. We need someone who already is a slot receiver.

Quote:How can they do that when they are millions of dollars above the salary cap?

Because they aren't above the salary cap.

Kudos to Chip Kelly for making roster moves previously only pulled off successfully by fans playing Madden on their PS3. Now anyone can be considered an expert.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:How can they do that when they are millions of dollars above the salary cap?
Well he just signed a 3 year deal with the Saints 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Any interest in Stills? Burner who probably can play slot
Yes barring an exorbitant cost...if he was a free agent he would be the best available WR right now easily. 

Quote:"Probably can" means he is not a slot receiver. We need someone who already is a slot receiver.

Good news, he already is one.

Quote:Either way, the money is close to a wash....and if you ask me, with the offense the Eagles run, I think I would prefer McCoy.

Obviously Murray is a better fit than McCoy for Philly's offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-goes-well