Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:Barner yes, but i'm pretty sure Stewart didnt play for Chip Kelly
in 07...Chip was the OC

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576120697237475328' title="4:40 PM - 12 Mar 2015">40s40 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Ryan Mathews IS signing in Philly, per source.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  40s40 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Ryan Mathews IS signing in Philly, per source.

</div>
i think kelly is gonna switch to the wishbone :teehee:

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576127965140004865' title="5:09 PM - 12 Mar 2015">15s15 seconds ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Colts waived running back Trent Richardson.

Quote:
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576127965140004865'>15s15 seconds ago</a>
</span>

Colts waived running back Trent Richardson.
Trent is not good but seems like the type of player Dave likes to pick up on a prove it deal at 24 yrs old

Quote:Trent is not good but seems like the type of player Dave likes to pick up on a prove it deal at 24 yrs old

I had a feeling it wouldn't take long for someone to suggest the Jaguars pick up one of the worst running backs in the league.

Quote:I had a feeling it wouldn't take long for someone to suggest the Jaguars pick up one of the worst running backs in the league.
lack of reading comprehension at its finest

Quote:lack of reading comprehension at its finest

LOL! I understood what you were saying.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:I had a feeling it wouldn't take long for someone to suggest the Jaguars pick up one of the worst running backs in the league.

honestly what is the problem with a one year prove it deal for any player? Either you get a steal or you get a guy you cut by week 6.

Not saying we need richardson but does it truly hurt to sign him to a low one year deal?

Quote:Barner yes, but i'm pretty sure Stewart didnt play for Chip Kelly

exactly. and barner wasnt a traditional 1 cut guy. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:lack of reading comprehension at its finest

Lack of reading comprehension? So your point wasn't that the Jaguars pick him up by saying he seems like the kind of guy Caldwell might pick up? My bad.

Quote:honestly what is the problem with a one year prove it deal for any player? Either you get a steal or you get a guy you cut by week 6.

Not saying we need richardson but does it truly hurt to sign him to a low one year deal?

Good point, so should the Jaguars sign Tebow to his prove it deal now, or wait until it's the dead zone for maximum effect?

Cecil Shorts possibly headed to the Jets...have fun NYJ, he will strain his hammy getting off the plane and miss the first 4 weeks of the season

Adding guys like Bowe and Richardson would be upgrades from guys like Ace and Toby. They may not have had recent success but may be able to have success in a new system wirh renewed opportunity
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Adding guys like Bowe and Richardson would be upgrades from guys like Ace and Toby. They may not have had recent success but may be able to have success in a new system wirh renewed opportunity
Richardson?  Seriously?  No, seriously?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Trent is not good but seems like the type of player Dave likes to pick up on a prove it deal at 24 yrs old
We're not hurting that badly at RB. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Adding guys like Bowe and Richardson would be upgrades from guys like Ace and Toby. They may not have had recent success but may be able to have success in a new system wirh renewed opportunity

I can't really argue with this. I'm not sure how old Bowe is, but at least Bowe and Richardson have had productive years in the past (1 year for T Rich). Ace and Toby are unknown as well. I wouldn't complain to signing them to a short risk/low pay few year contracts and see how they pan out.

GO JAGS!!

Quote:I can't really argue with this. I'm not sure how old Bowe is, but at least Bowe and Richardson have had productive years in the past (1 year for T Rich). Ace and Toby are unknown as well. I wouldn't complain to signing them to a short risk/low pay few year contracts and see how they pan out.

GO JAGS!!

I wouldn't really call his best year productive. 3.6 yards per carry is pretty bad, and the Browns had a really good offensive line.

i wouldn't mind taking a shot at Harvin on a two year incentive laden deal

worst case scenario he gets hurt

best case scenario we got a dynamic playmaker on offense and special teams

Quote:We're not hurting that badly at RB. 

This is true, but I'm not confident in Toby or even Johnson. I like Denard and think he can be a good #2 back. We haven't seen enough of Johnson and Toby, well.... The O-line is part of the blame, but Denard did fairly decent with such a poopy line. So that should be expected from Toby and he didn't look the part. Moving Toby to FB would be beneficial as long as he can block well. I'd rather go after Spiller before trying T. Rich though.