Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Stevie Johnson is only 27. Either one would be a quality guy to bring in. I'm partial to S.J. as he's 2 inches taller and 20lbs heavier.
Quote:Jennings would be an excellent signing IMO. The QB situation was a dumpster fire until Teddy took the field last year. He can play in the slot, and he's only 31 (he isn't a relic coming off of multiple knee surgeries like Reggie Wayne).

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2015, 06:50 PM by clfcrn777.)

Quote:Stevie Johnson is only 27. Either one would be a quality guy to bring in. I'm partial to S.J. as he's 2 inches taller and 20lbs heavier.
I like Johnson too.... but I don't think that size will really matter all that much in the slot. I believe Jennings has more experience in that role too.

Eh. Personal prefernce. Either way we'd get a solid player.

Quote:I like Johnson too.... but I don't think that size will really matter all that much in the slot. I believe Jennings has more experience in that role too.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I understand Stevie Johnson wants to play and stay in California, and leave the state solely if it is a ring chance (ie. Pats).

For the slot, my dark horse receiver to watch is Damian Copeland, already on the roster.  With a year of Sullivan, he could be very good.  Just my 2 cents... 

My point on Jennings isn't that I think Stevie isn't better, or that giving Hurns the snaps would be better, it's simply that Dave said a veteran slot receiver was one of the few things he was still open to acquiring...and Jennings is a pretty solid veteran slot man. 

Quote:And Ron Parker back to KC, 5 years 30 mil, glad we passed on him, no way is he worth 30 mil

Wow. I second that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I say get Blackmon back then draft another WR in the 3-5 round and lets go! If healthy we have a pretty talented group already. Thomas is going to change our life as we know it.

On the goal line 2 TE set with Lewis and Thomas will be a nightmare for the defense. If we had a excellent outside WR that is 6'5 or so watch out.

With Jermaine Gresham TE - Bengals still available, I wonder if the Jags might sign him to a reasonable contract and replace Marcedes Lewis as the Blocking TE with Gresham?

Gresham will be 27 this year and was rated as the 4th best blocking TE by PFF in 2014.

Thoughts?

Quote:With Jermaine Gresham TE - Bengals still available, I wonder if the Jags might sign him to a reasonable contract and replace Marcedes Lewis as the Blocking TE with Gresham?

Gresham will be 27 this year and was rated as the 4th best blocking TE by PFF in 2014.

Thoughts?
Thought he was signing with the raiders? If they can get him at a lower price it'll definitely be considered but at this time guys like him will still be looking for big deals

Quote:With Jermaine Gresham TE - Bengals still available, I wonder if the Jags might sign him to a reasonable contract and replace Marcedes Lewis as the Blocking TE with Gresham?

Thoughts?
Prior to this last season, he was a HUGE liability in blocking. Maybe he just figured it out.

Thoughts?

Yeah 4th best because most tight ends don't block anymore.

Thoughts?

Only if we plan on trading Marcedes, which I don't think is going to happen considering we've already turned down trade offers.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Thought he was signing with the raiders? If they can get him at a lower price it'll definitely be considered but at this time guys like him will still be looking for big deals

They signed Lee Smith from Buffalo for a decent deal. I don't think they will be adding Gresham.

Quote:They signed Lee Smith from Buffalo for a decent deal. I don't think they will be adding Gresham.
Then again it's the raiders so you never know

Quote:I understand Stevie Johnson wants to play and stay in California, and leave the state solely if it is a ring chance (ie. Pats).

For the slot, my dark horse receiver to watch is Damian Copeland, already on the roster. With a year of Sullivan, he could be very good. Just my 2 cents...

Ooh! Forgot all about him. Hmmm.. Intriguing idea. Now u got me thinking (ok, everyone just stand back, lessin' ur trying to get caught in this here brain storm)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Funny note on Michael Johnson

<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr'><b>Paul Dehner Jr.</b></a>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr'>@pauldehnerjr</a>
</div>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">Funny aspect: Bengals will get a third round compensatory pick this year for losing MJ, even as he's back on team.

Quote:Funny note on Michael Johnson

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">
<div>
<div><b>Paul Dehner Jr.</b>
@pauldehnerjr
</div>
</div>
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">Funny aspect: Bengals will get a third round compensatory pick this year for losing MJ, even as he's back on team.

</div>

It doesn't get much better than that for a team. 

It's striking to see how many UFA's that were signed to big contracts in Free Agency in 2013 and 2014 are already no longer on the team they signed with.  With the Bucs,  the pattern goes back even further than that.

Thoughts?
Why the rush to get ride of Lewis around here, he is perfect for the 2nd TE role, can block and still a big body in the passing game, we have the money to pay him for one more year. We still need blocking while the OL gels, then next year we can find the 2nd TE in the draft or FA

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 12:50 PM by Stigma.)

Regarding Gresham, my thoughts center on the relationship the draft has with Free Agency.

We all know that Marcedes Lewis is in the last year of his contract and is over the age of 30 which on the Jags roster is a rarity.

The most desirable effect would be the Jags drafting Marcedes Lewis' replacement and it could come in the person of either Maxx Williams or Clive Warford in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

There is also the thought that the 2nd and 3rd Rds could be the means for the team to secure its Franchise RB, be it Jay Ajayi or whomever and a slot WR like Tyler Lockett, with his 4.4/40 speed.

The signing of Jermaine Gresham would take the 2nd TE off the wish list such that the team could procure the RB and Slot WR.

I favor signing Gresham because he is so much like Marcedes Lewis but a few years younger and if he could be signed to a reasonable contract then an additional 5th or 6th round draft pick secured from trading a player that is in his final season with the team, might be used to move up in first 4 rounds and secure another more prized player in the draft.

These are my thoughts.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 12:51 PM by jobclarke.)

Quote:Why the rush to get ride of Lewis around here, he is perfect for the 2nd TE role, can block and still a big body in the passing game, we have the money to pay him for one more year. We still need blocking while the OL gels, then next year we can find the 2nd TE in the draft or FA
I can't speak for most but I'm all for keeping him but how he's performed recently shows he shouldn't be of the highest paid at his position. Sets a bad precedent despite having the money. Best ability is availability. The funny thing about him is he was Gronk before Gronk that pro bowl season but since that pay day, he's just fallen off a cliff