Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

I wouldnt mind Mike McCoy for OC, with the new HC 

He might not be a good HC but he is a good OC

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not in love with Smith, but he isn't Gus, so he has that going for him.
I thought he did pretty good in Atlanta they just hit that down spot every team but the Patriots hit and needed a revamp.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:I wouldnt mind Mike McCoy for OC, with the new HC

He might not be a good HC but he is a good OC

I feel like McCoy will end up back in Denver, they really like there retreads.

Quote:Other then Tom Coughlin, who else out there has those qualifications that is actually available to hire as the Jags next HC? Maybe someone from college, or was the experience supposed to be from the NFL?

I'd like to see a few of those names.
Mike Smith won in the NFL, Sean Payton has a ring, if Marvin Lewis is fired he also has turned around a franchise that was terrible for years before he got there

Would just like an attacking personality on both sides of the ball

Quote:I feel like McCoy will end up back in Denver, they really like there retreads.
I think Kyle Shannahan goes there

Are you saying as HC or OC in Denver?

Quote:I think Kyle Shannahan goes there

Are you saying as HC or OC in Denver?
Whatever spot Denver will put him at.

The only reason I think its not Kyle Shannahan is Elway hates Mike Shannahan and wants him no where near the team or so my Brother tells me.

Quote:Whatever spot Denver will put him at.

The only reason I think it not Kyle Shannahan is Elway hate Mike Shannahan and wants him no where near the team or so my Brother tells me.
Lol wow I didnt know that

So we are gonna settle for Mike Smith huh

Quote:So we are gonna settle for Mike Smith huh

Yep, I'd bet the farm I don't have on it. Good thing we hired a consultant to arrive at that conclusion, huh?

Yeah, going to be a shame hiring thr 2nd fastest coach to 60 wins that turned a 4-12 team into an 11-5 team with a rookie at QB and a lack of talent on defense.

What did we do to deserve this terrible luck!?!?!

Quote:So we are gonna settle for Mike Smith huh

Best guy on the market for us.

Quote:Yeah, going to be a shame hiring thr 2nd fastest coach to 60 wins that turned a 4-12 team into an 11-5 team with a rookie at QB and a lack of talent on defense.

I dont get the Mike Smith hate, he's the 2nd best available guy as far realistic choices go, and the best guy is 70 years old

The only guys I want over Smith other then Coughlin, is Sean Payton who we would prob have to trade for and Jim Harbaugh and thats not happening 

Quote:Yeah, going to be a shame hiring thr 2nd fastest coach to 60 wins that turned a 4-12 team into an 11-5 team with a rookie at QB and a lack of talent on defense.

Yeah I don't totally understand the hate. It's hard to win season after season at some point your going to have some down years.

Don't think people hate Smith, just isn't the sexy hire people want.

Quote:Don't think people hate Smith, just isn't the sexy hire people want.
or the guy they want

Quote:or the guy they want

I don't even know who I want. Just the complete opposite of Gus.

Quote:Don't think people hate Smith, just isn't the sexy hire people want.
I remember NFL Network saying that when Atlanta hired him and he was the best coaching hire the year (as far as I can remember)

At the end of the day if he gets us wins I don't care if it makes a splash.

Mike Smith isnt my top guy. Unless he has Mike McCoy or a damn good OC in his pocket when he interviews then Id rather get a HC that is an offensive mind for Blake. Our defense is going to be good regardless.

The fact we're talking about "settling" for a proven successful HC is dumb though. Very dumb. Idc who is a sexier name, I want to see this team back in the playoffs. Not picking top 5 by getting the sexy candidate.

Quote:I don't even know who I want. Just the complete opposite of Gus.

So some guy named Sug for HC?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.