Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Broncos, Rams, Niners jobs now open.  All of those jobs are more attractive.  We better hire someone quick. I don't want to end up with a coordinator with no experience.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sug Yeldarb
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Broncos, Rams, Niners jobs now open. All of those jobs are more attractive. We better hire someone quick. I don't want to end up with a coordinator with no experience.

How is LA and SF?

Dont get it. SF will be on their 4th coach in 4 years. No job security.

You have to LOVE Goff who looked like crap this year. They just dealt a slew of picks to get him. He'll get at least 2-3 years.

Here, you have a ton of talent that lacked coaching. QB a question mark but if he sucks next year you can get your own guy in 2018. Khan has showed patience and allowed a HC to have time which is big. Etc.

HC Mike Smith

OC Mike McCoy

DC Jim Schwartz

Quote:Broncos, Rams, Niners jobs now open.  All of those jobs are more attractive.  We better hire someone quick. I don't want to end up with a coordinator with no experience.  

And Chargers. I wonder if there will be anymore tomorrow, maybe Marvin Lewis?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:How is LA and SF?

Dont get it. SF will be on their 4th coach in 4 years. No job security.

You have to LOVE Goff who looked like crap this year. They just dealt a slew of picks to get him. He'll get at least 2-3 years.

Here, you have a ton of talent that lacked coaching. QB a question mark but if he sucks next year you can get your own guy in 2018. Khan has showed patience and allowed a HC to have time which is big. Etc.
The Rams are in LA and the Niners have pedigree.  Let's be honest outside of Jax both of those jobs are going to be more desirable

Quote:Broncos, Rams, Niners jobs now open. All of those jobs are more attractive. We better hire someone quick. I don't want to end up with a coordinator with no experience.

Broncos sure but the other 2 not so much.

The Rams job is going to have a spot light on it and out side of Gurley who was bad this year don't have an offense.

And the 9ers are just crap all the way around.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:The Rams are in LA and the Niners have pedigree. Let's be honest outside of Jax both of those jobs are going to be more desirable

I disagee. These arent 20 year olds who go clubbing. All the issues I pointed out are very big. Not to mention you get taxed out the wazoo in Cali.

Quote:HC Mike Smith

OC Mike McCoy

DC Jim Schwartz
Yes plz

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Just to throw it out there if your a Josh Mcdaniels guy no way he goes back to Denver and he was awful with the Rams so they won't want him back. So it comes down to do you want Gabbert/Kap or Bortles.

OC Mike McCoy

DC Jim Schwartz

So we're just magically getting Schwartz f4om Philly? And Mike Smith, a defensive coach, is going to hire a DC that will want to own the defensive side of the ball?

Quote:So we're just magically getting Schwartz f4om Philly? And Mike Smith, a defensive coach, is going to hire a DC that will want to own the defensive side of the ball?

Why not?

Slap an assistant head coach title on Schwartz and it's considered a promotion so he can leave.

To be completely honest I want my head coach to delegate responsibility and oversee, not be a micromanager. Let Schwartz run the D. What's wrong with that? He's proven plenty capable.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

OC Mike McCoy

DC Jim Schwartz
Id switch the DC to wade Phillips

Coughlin is still my #1.

Smith my #2.

I'm 100% happy with either of them.

Will evaluate any other choice when/if it's made.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

I don't really have a preference for HC, but I really hope they choose the guy that brings in the best coordinator on the side thats not the HC specialty. 

Quote:Why not?

Slap an assistant head coach title on Schwartz and it's considered a promotion so he can leave.

To be completely honest I want my head coach to delegate responsibility and oversee, not be a micromanager. Let Schwartz run the D. What's wrong with that? He's proven plenty capable.
Just not going to happen though. You never see a HC that specializes in one side of the ball hire some big name guy on that same side. Mike Smith is going to want his D being run here (obviously he isn't like Gus and does change things up to fit personnel, has clearly done it in Tampa this year).

I don't see why Schwartz would have any interest in doing something like that.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Things getting started ... Rams, Jaguars, 49ers have reached out to show interest in Patriots OC Josh McDaniels.

11:20 PM - 1 Jan 2017

Quote:Mike Smith isnt my top guy. Unless he has Mike McCoy or a damn good OC in his pocket when he interviews then Id rather get a HC that is an offensive mind for Blake. Our defense is going to be good regardless.

The fact we're talking about "settling" for a proven successful HC is dumb though. Very dumb. Idc who is a sexier name, I want to see this team back in the playoffs. Not picking top 5 by getting the sexy candidate.

The good thing about Smith is he has a great eye for quality offensive staff.

Quote:Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Things getting started ... Rams, Jaguars, 49ers have reached out to show interest in Patriots OC Josh McDaniels.

Meh
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Quote:Meh

I feel the same knarnn. He's already proven how mediocre he is out side of New England.