Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Mike Smith will get an interview soon also this 

"The Jaguars have already interviewed former head coach Tom Coughlin, and lined up interviews with Falcons offensive coordiantor Kyle Shanahan, Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin, and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as well. Interim coach Doug Marrone is expected to be a candidate for the job as well."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ike-smith/

That's a good group of candidates.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Harold Goodwin coming in today.

Has learned under Arians for a while, and he absolutely loves the guy. Not my favorite, but think he could be a legit darkhorse in the race. Offensive mind that was with Arians who reported "loved" Bortles during the draft process.

Quote:Problem with McDaniels is, how long will we be waiting? 
This isnt college football, there is no recruiting

We are gonna get the interview out the way this weekend, if he is your guy you will know. Dave can handle the other stuff with players, he doesnt need to coach anybody anytime soon. 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Hope we don't fixate on McDaniels or Shanahan only for them to let us down and not come here/go somewhere else after the playoffs are over.
If one of them is our guy we will have to offer them the job fast, but the good thing is Mike Smith and Coughlin would be available right away if we want them and i feel they are better canidates

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:If one of them is our guy we will have to offer them the job fast, but the good thing is Mike Smith and Coughlin would be available right away if we want them and i feel they are better canidates

Yeah Mike Smith's my #1 guy. Although if we are hiring a guy with no experience I'd probably take a punt on Kyle Shanahan or Dave Toub over everyone else.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Jaguars are expected to interview #Bucs DC Mike Smith for their head coaching job, source said. He's been on their list for a while
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Ian Rapoport

Ian Rapoport – Verified account ‏@RapSheet

The #Jaguars are interviewing #AZCardinals OC Harold Goodwin tomorrow, source said. Flying today. Bruce Arians says he’s ready to be a HC

8:31 AM - 2 Jan 2017
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Ryan O'Halloran

Ryan O'Halloran – Verified account ‏@ryanohalloran

Plan A for #Jaguars (if not McDaniels) should be Shanahan and then lure Wade Phillips to run defense.

5:32 AM - 2 Jan 2017

Quote:Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Jaguars are expected to interview #Bucs DC Mike Smith for their head coaching job, source said. He's been on their list for a while
I would be happy with him. I like Shanahan but I think HC experience is preferable at this point, we need certainties and going with a first time HC again doesn't feel right at the moment.

If Mike Smith can bring a good OC (see McCoy or someone like him) it would be ideal.

Quote:Ryan O'Halloran

Ryan O'Halloran – Verified account ‏@ryanohalloran

Plan A for #Jaguars (if not McDaniels) should be Shanahan and then lure Wade Phillips to run defense.

5:32 AM - 2 Jan 2017

Ryan should be our GM

@josinaanderson I'm told that #Cardinals OC Harold Goodwin is flying today for his #Jaguars head coaching interview on Tuesday. @RapSheet 1st to report.

Quote:@josinaanderson I'm told that #Cardinals OC Harold Goodwin is flying today for his #Jaguars head coaching interview on Tuesday. @RapSheet 1st to report.

Clearly a RR interview. No thanks to him.

Quote:Clearly a RR interview. No thanks to him.

I don't like him but I think there's more to it than the Rooney rule. Bills are interviewing him too as well as Lynn.

Quote:I don't like him but I think there's more to it than the Rooney rule. Bills are interviewing him too as well as Lynn.

I'd interview as many people as possible just to get their take on what they think is wrong with our team and kind of use that feedback to "test" the real candidates you are interested in.

Quote:Harold Goodwin coming in today.

... think he could be a legit darkhorse in the race...

Pun intended?  

Quote:I'd interview as many people as possible just to get their take on what they think is wrong with our team and kind of use that feedback to "test" the real candidates you are interested in.

That's what I did when I got a new roof.  I got about a dozen estimates, and every single one taught me something about roofing and my roof in particular. 

So... what you said. ^  

Hope you're right.

Agreed

Quote:That's what I did when I got a new roof.  I got about a dozen estimates, and every single one taught me something about roofing and my roof in particular. 

So... what you said. ^  

I'd imagine Tom Coughlin had the best feedback as he basically had the year off and probably had a lot of time to evaluate the Jaguars. Assuming that is correct, that is why I am a bit surprised he was dismissed as a candidate so quickly.

Clearly an RR guy when we requested to interview Anthony Lynn and we have shown interest in Terryl Austin before? 

I disagree. Guy is a bright mind offensively. Fits the bill, and he also is getting buzz from the Bills and Rams. Bills of course already have Lynn in place, so the RR thing doesn't work there either. He's worked under Arians for a while now, he's a serious candidate.