Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:I like the way they are leaning in this search. McDaniels and Shanahan, offensive side of the ball, enough with the defensive guys.

Yeah I hope they go with a offensive sided guy.

No Fun

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Rivers is no doubt better than Bortles.  Rivers on the other hand Rivers is 35 while bortles is 24. 
rivers has won 3 more games in the last 2 years than bortles and leads the league in interceptions this year with 21. Maybe just Maybe Rivers is overrated and alot of his stats is in garbage time as well. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:@jasoncole Informal poll of 7 NFL execs ranking current open jobs:

1. Broncos (unanimous)

2. Jaguars

3. Chargers

4. Rams

5. 49ers

6. Bills

I would probably flip 2 and 3.

Maybe but how much longer does Phillip Rivers have left?

No Fun

Quote:@jasoncole Informal poll of 7 NFL execs ranking current open jobs:

1. Broncos (unanimous)

2. Jaguars

3. Chargers

4. Rams

5. 49ers

6. Bills

I would probably flip 2 and 3.
I wouldn't.

1) Uncertainty over franchise location

2) horrible stadium issues whether they stay in SD or move to Los Angeles for at least 3 years

3)  Thirty something Phillip Rivers who may not relocate with the team if they move

4)  High cost of living in California

5)  Young, talented roster in Jacksonville.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yea. Right now.

Rivers is amazing but he's old. Chargers got Bosa and Gordon so that's two good young pieces.
I would say Hunter Henry is their best young piece outside of Bosa

Quote:Goodwin is solid but inexperienced. I wouldnt be mad at the hire though.

Despite their struggles to win as a team this year, the Cards defense has ranked #1 I'm thinking all season long. Harold is definitely a legit candidate.

'02

Quote:I wouldn't.

1) Uncertainty over franchise location

2) horrible stadium issues whether they stay in SD or move to Los Angeles for at least 3 years

3) Thirty something Phillip Rivers who may not relocate with the team if they move

4) High cost of living in California

5) Young, talented roster in Jacksonville.

Also the Raiders/Chiefs/Broncos will make it nigh on impossible to go anywhere there for the next few years.

I like Harold and Patricia.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 08:57 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Yea. Right now.

Rivers is amazing but he's old. Chargers got Bosa and Gordon so that's two good young pieces.
yeah but philip has a good 2 years left, theyre a good coach away if there team manages to stay reasonably healthy for a good portion of the season.

Quote:Despite their struggles to win as a team this year, the Cards defense has ranked #1 I'm thinking all season long. Harold is definitely a legit candidate.
Goodwin is offense?

Looking at the list of teams who needs a HC, No doubt we are number 2. Broncos have a very solid team and good ownership and everything, just need their QB. Chargers,9ers,rams, bills not nearly as good of a landing spot as Jacksonville.

However who knows who Dave and Khan will actually want and sign.

Quote:Goodwin is offense?
Yes.

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches/...2f1a621cba

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think the 49ers job is more attractive to potential HCs than us.

Quote:I think the 49ers job is more attractive to potential HCs than us.

Based on?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Based on?

Job security and will get to pick your QB.

Chris Ballard and Elliot Wolf being talked about as potential GMs too.

Quote:Job security and will get to pick your QB.

Chris Ballard and Elliot Wolf being talked about as potential GMs too.
4 coaches in 4 years is more secure? Who the hell cares if its a new GM. Jed York is a basket case.

Ballard already came out and said he has no interest in 49ers job. If that doesn't say something...

Quote:I think the 49ers job is more attractive to potential HCs than us.
York is an idiot. California(as much as I love it) is very pricey, the team has almost zero talent(think about the jags a few seasons ago) and the team has had multiple HC since JH left two seasons ago. The new Stadium is nice....But no way would I agree with it being better than Jacksonville besides for the teams history.

Quote:rivers has won 3 more games in the last 2 years than bortles and leads the league in interceptions this year with 21. Maybe just Maybe Rivers is overrated and alot of his stats is in garbage time as well. 

Their overall roster right now, is worst than the jaguars. They have a few pieces the Jags do not with pass rushers and RB, but otherwise the team is not good.

Rivers has shown he can be a good QB, the problem is that he tends not to trust his teammates (which makes sense given their injuries at WR and OL) and call his number and force things. If they can get an average running game, and bring in an OC that he will listen to and work with ( a la Big Ben and Haley), he will play a whole lot better.

He isn't the only QB with that issue. To certain extent, over the past few years it's plagued Romo when the Cowboys cannot run the ball, Brees when the Saints get behind and have to play catch up, and Luck because of cohesiveness on both sides of the ball. 

Plus if you need a game winning drive in the last 5 minutes, who do want as QB or least want to face, Rivers or Bortles?

Quote:4 coaches in 4 years is more secure? Who the hell cares if its a new GM. Jed York is a basket case.

Ballard already came out and said he has no interest in 49ers job. If that doesn't say something...

I think Baalke was the big problem with the 49ers. He was the reason Harbaugh was dumped and according the Chip Kellys coach's he never consulted with them at all regarding players.

The Jaguars job is pretty much win within two years or Caldwell will be gone and you'll leave your employment in the new GMs hands.

With the 49ers it will be more of a long term project. If the GM is in any way competent the clock won't start for the new coach until they get their QB. Let's you build the roster more in your image and gives you a chance to learn on the job more so than being expected to win.

Quote:Their overall roster right now, is worst than the jaguars. They have a few pieces the Jags do not with pass rushers and RB, but otherwise the team is not good.

Rivers has shown he can be a good QB, the problem is that he tends not to trust his teammates (which makes sense given their injuries at WR and OL) and call his number and force things. If they can get an average running game, and bring in an OC that he will listen to and work with ( a la Big Ben and Haley), he will play a whole lot better.

He isn't the only QB with that issue. To certain extent, over the past few years it's plagued Romo when the Cowboys cannot run the ball, Brees when the Saints get behind and have to play catch up, and Luck because of cohesiveness on both sides of the ball. 

Plus if you need a game winning drive in the last 5 minutes, who do want as QB or least want to face, Rivers or Bortles?
What?

They have pieces all along the OL. Keenan Allen, Melvin Gordon, Joey Bosa, Corey Luiget, Denzel Perryman, Hunter Henry, Jatavis Brown, Melvin Ingram, and Brandon Mebane.

They are far from talentless...they did have a lot of injuries but they also are ALWAYS injured...so it runs deep in the org. Getting a new coach isn't going to magically keep that team healthy.