Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Mike Smith will be our next Head Coach. He was rumored for awhile. A meh hire to me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Do you have a basis for Kaeps lack of work ethic youd like to share?

He came into camp out of shape with a weak arm then blamed it on being vegan. It was pretty well documented.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Mike Smith will be our next Head Coach. He was rumored for awhile. A meh hire to me.
Of course you think that. Can I get an explanation? 2nd fastest to 60 wins in NFL history, double digit wins in 3 or 4 years in his 7 years there, 5 playoff appearences.

So he didn't win more in the playoffs, sucks, but at least he got there. McDaniels didn't.

Literally the only reason I prefer McDaniels is because I want the best situation for Blake. I really don't get why people have this line of though with how much success he had.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017, 10:49 PM by diamondjag28.)

Blake is garbage man. Gotta let it go

What about Matt Patricia? I wonder if he is a serious candidate?

Quote:He came into camp out of shape with a weak arm then blamed it on being vegan. It was pretty well documented.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busines...ent=safari

"He lost a ton of weight this offseason, had three surgeries, couldn't work out, lost that double threat, that size-speed ratio. " - Jay Glazer

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/31/kaepernick-goes-vegan-but-claims-it-hasnt-led-to-muscle-loss/amp/?client=safari'>https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/31/kaepernick-goes-vegan-but-claims-it-hasnt-led-to-muscle-loss/amp/?client=safari</a>

"And yet Kaepernick, who confirmed to reporters that he went vegan nine months ago, claims he hasn’t lost any body mass."

"San Francisco coach Chip Kelly confirmed that Kaepernick has lost muscle, although Kelly said it’s because he hasn’t been able to lift weights while recovering from offseason surgeries.

“He’s limited in the type of lifting so he’s not the same size,” Kelly said. “He’s not back to where he was before.”

I see an inability to work out due to surgery well documented, but nothing of a quarterback blaming the diet he chose on his lack of muscle.

Quote:What about Matt Patricia? I wonder if he is a serious candidate?
Hasn't even been confirmed we're trying to interview him.

I think the guys we have already interviewed are likely the favorites. Why wait to ask permission if not? Unless all these guys bomb their interviews.

Kap sucks, just glad we arent in SF shoes

McDaniels to interview Sat

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/01/03/...-scheduled

Is there still anything to Tom Coughlin being some sort of football role? I like the idea of having McDaniels come in with Coughlin. That would really relieve any concerns about McDaniels. McDaniels is a clear cut #1 Choice for me. 

Quote:Hasn't even been confirmed we're trying to interview him.

I think the guys we have already interviewed are likely the favorites. Why wait to ask permission if not? Unless all these guys bomb their interviews.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bigcatcou...-to-report

Quote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.bigcatcou...-to-report
Yeah...a report saying we "plan on requesting an interview"...doesnt even sound like we've done it and nothing else has been reported.

I'd imagine he likely isn't one of our top options.

Quote:Of course you think that. Can I get an explanation? 2nd fastest to 60 wins in NFL history, double digit wins in 3 or 4 years in his 7 years there, 5 playoff appearences.

So he didn't win more in the playoffs, sucks, but at least he got there. McDaniels didn't.

Literally the only reason I prefer McDaniels is because I want the best situation for Blake. I really don't get why people have this line of though with how much success he had.

Its time for a offensive minded coach. And his lack of success in the playoffs is troubling.

Quote:Yeah...a report saying we "plan on requesting an interview"...doesnt even sound like we've done it and nothing else has been reported.

I'd imagine he likely isn't one of our top options.
if we go with a defensive id rather Mike Smith anyway. Smith , Shanny, and McDaniels are my top 3 unless we could somehow get Payton from NO

Starting at the 10:13 mark of the following video,  which you can access on YouTube,  Peter Schrager discusses the Jaguars HC opening.  He's of the opinion that Mike Smith is the most likely candidate to become the next Jaguars HC.   

Mike Francesa with Peter Schrager (Jan. 3, 2017)

Smith to interview tomorrow, Shanny Fri., and McDaniels Sat. No interviews Thurs?

I imagine if we don't hear who our next HC is next week, it's McDaniels.

Quote:Its time for a offensive minded coach. And his lack of success in the playoffs is troubling.
Honestly, I prefer it just because the biggest likelihood of Bortles getting turned around is getting the best offensive mind which would come in the way of a HC. But why does this really matter? HC's are generally better off not being a playcaller as it's a ton of responsibility. The biggest thing is getting someone that can lead this team and get us turned around. He's shown he can do it and did it in a big way. I'm not going to fault him for not winning in his first HC gig, as there is a lot that don't have near the success he did the first go around. 

Quote:if we go with a defensive id rather Mike Smith anyway. Smith , Shanny, and McDaniels are my top 3 unless we could somehow get Payton from NO
Yeah, Mike Smith is the best defesnive mind on the market. Jospeh/Austin/Patricia are exciting because no one knows, but Mike Smith has proven success and has been a hell of a DC whenever that's been his gig.

Quote:Starting at the 10:13 mark of the following video,  which you can access on YouTube,  Peter Schrager discusses the Jaguars HC opening.  He's of the opinion that Mike Smith is the most likely candidate to become the next Jaguars HC.   

Mike Francesa with Peter Schrager (Jan. 3, 2017)

Makes sense. PFW reported like a month ago he was the early favorite. Thought we'd go offensive mind but Smith is a damn good candidate. Just get McCoy or another good OC.

Quote:Smith to interview tomorrow, Shanny Fri., and McDaniels Sat. No interviews Thurs?
Nothing reported as of yet. Goodwin interviewed today according to Rappaport yesterday.

Quote:Honestly, I prefer it just because the biggest likelihood of Bortles getting turned around is getting the best offensive mind which would come in the way of a HC. But why does this really matter? HC's are generally better off not being a playcaller as it's a ton of responsibility. The biggest thing is getting someone that can lead this team and get us turned around. He's shown he can do it and did it in a big way. I'm not going to fault him for not winning in his first HC gig, as there is a lot that don't have near the success he did the first go around.

Yeah, Mike Smith is the best defesnive mind on the market. Jospeh/Austin/Patricia are exciting because no one knows, but Mike Smith has proven success and has been a hell of a DC whenever that's been his gig.

We need someone whos going to change the culture of this team and i just dont see that in Mike Smith. This team has been pacified so much by Gus, its gonna take alot of work. Coughlin is the best thing for this team.