Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Everyone is willing to give McDaniels a second chance and is assuming he's learned from his previous mistakes. Why aren't people willing to give Mike Smith that same chance?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For the record- I would be happy with Mike Smith. 

Like others have said, he has a lot of head coaching experience, he's had a lot of success, and he's very well respected around the league.   He took a bad situation in Atlanta and turned it around. 

I'd be OK with Mike Smith, Tom Coughlin, or Doug Marrone. Not a fan of any of the fired coaches honestly, and want us to stay far away from the Shanahans and McDaniels. Haley or Matt Patricia would be interesting, but I would prefer a previous head coach with at least mild success in their track record. No more Gus type guys where you are projecting their upside, get the guy with the results to head the ship. 

Quote:Yea I dont get all these people clamoring for McDainels but dismiss Mike Smith, one guy got ran out of town so fast while the other guy lasted 7 years with a lot of sucess, which is the usually time for most coaches.

With Mike Smith, it doesn't come down to wins and losses or past success. For me, it's the fact that he's a defensive coach. Given that we already have a pretty good defense, but our offense sucks, I would much prefer an offensive minded head coach who can come in and immediately work on turning things around. A lot of people look at Smith, or any defensive minded head coach and wonder how much they will focus on trying to fix the offensive side of the football. 

Smith or shanahan

Quote:We're trying to win superbowls. not just being in the playoffs

Boom. Nailed it. The mediocrity from this fan base is crazy. We dont wanna just make the playoffs.

Quote:That would be like having a foursome with Rosie O'Donnell, Rosanne Barr, and Whoopie Goldberg.

More like a sick six-some. Although Rosie was looking kinda hot in that black dominatrix ouffit in that old movie (Exit to Eden)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I still think Marrone is the best.   Because he worked miracles with lack of time and resources.  Most of the offense players were injured.  Wish could of seen results with everyone healthy. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I still think Marrone is the best.   Because he worked miracles with lack of time and resources.  Most of the offense players were injured.  Wish could of seen results with everyone healthy. 
Caldwell and Khan dropped the ball by not canning Gus earlier. It would have given Marrone more time to show whether or not he would be worth more than an interim title.

Quote:I still think Marrone is the best. Because he worked miracles with lack of time and resources. Most of the offense players were injured. Wish could of seen results with everyone healthy.

My fear is that Marrone will keep the defensive staff in tact. As good as the defense was ranked, it could be so much better in a more traditional scheme. I don't think Wash will switch things up.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:My fear is that Marrone will keep the defensive staff in tact. As good as the defense was ranked, it could be so much better in a more traditional scheme. I don't think Wash will switch things up.
That is a legit fear. A clean slate may be the better option for the whole team.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 08:36 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:My fear is that Marrone will keep the defensive staff in tact. As good as the defense was ranked, it could be so much better in a more traditional scheme. I don't think Wash will switch things up.
I highly doubt he would.  He has no ties with them.  And I am not sure he would have Hackett as oc if was a better option out there as well.  Though may keep him on board as something.  But other them working with him previously.  Not sure he would keep him as well.  

Judging by the quick meeting with tom.  I am willing to bet Tom, Thinks highly of Marrone. 

#Gojags

Quote:Its time for a offensive minded coach. And his lack of success in the playoffs is troubling.
What if Smith brought McCoy in with him?

The HC doesn't have a ton to do with the QBs development. That goes to assistant coaches and coordinators.

Quote:I highly doubt he would.  He has no ties with them.  And I am not sure he would have Hackett as oc if was a better option out there as well.  Though may keep him on board as something.  But other them working with him previously.  Not sure he would keep him as well.  

Judging by the quick meeting with tom.  I am willing to bet Tom, Thinks highly of Marrone. 
Though have no issue with Smith as HC.   I Don't see too many others out there.  That have done much as a HC.  With the exception of Old man Tom and Smith.  

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 08:39 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:What if Smith brought McCoy in with him?

The HC doesn't have a ton to do with the QBs development. That goes to assistant coaches and coordinators.
That would be a good choice.  If could get Cooter as a lateral, it would be nice.  Kyle would as well.  If he doesn't get a HC job. 

#Gojags

My worries is waiting on Mcdaniels.  And both Smith., and Marrone,  get HC gigs elsewhere.  And then Mcdaniels falls through.  I never like to bet on playoff team coaches.  When so many job vacancies. 

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 08:55 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Boom. Nailed it. The mediocrity from this fan base is crazy. We dont wanna just make the playoffs.
Will take the playoffs consistently like the eagles had with Mcnabb.   Over what we experienced the last 9 years.  Any day. 

#Gojags

Quote:Boom. Nailed it. The mediocrity from this fan base is crazy. We dont wanna just make the playoffs.

Says the guy championing Scott Linehan as his #1 target.

For the record Mike Smith >>>>>>>>>>> Scott Linehan
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:What if Smith brought McCoy in with him?

This is the only way i would like a Smith hiring.

So let's hire the guys who have never made the playoffs than a guy who went to the NFC Championship. OK.

Smith isn't my number one, I like McDaniels. I'm just using your argument against you.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS