Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Well if Lynn went to Denver and kept Bradley, that could make Wade Phillips available to come coach the Jags Defense

Best possible scenario. I like it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just hire Mcdaniels and let him call the plays.

McDaniels could McFlop big time. There is less risk with Mike Smith.

Quote:Best possible scenario. I like it.

Smith/Shannahan/McDaniels HC

OC I don't care much for who the OC is if it's Shannahan or McD because they will call plays and I believe in their respective ablity to handle the floor

DC Wade Philips is very intruiging to me, you'd have him use his D with this group of guys? 

Anyone thinking Wash stays on as DC? It would be typical of this team to do that.

McDaniels will be busy on Saturday:

Quote:As explained by Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, McDaniels will interview with three teams on Saturday for their vacant head-coaching positions.

The Rams, Jaguars, and 49ers will interview McDaniels in separate suites at a hotel near Gillette Stadium. Those three teams (and only those three teams) would then be able to interview McDaniels a second time in the week after the AFC title game, if the Patriots qualify for Super Bowl LI.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/04/josh-mcdaniels-will-have-three-interviews-on-saturday/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/04/josh-mcdaniels-will-have-three-interviews-on-saturday/</a>

Should be mentally challenging. Let's see what he's made of.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:And Gus coming along as defensive coordinator lol
[Image: video-undefined-22F5A9C400000578-592_638x364.jpg]

You thought I was gone didnt you, Gus to Jacksonville fans 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Oesher has no originial thoughts. He just says things that management wants him to say.

He continues to say that coaching doesn't matter has much as people think which couldn't be farther from the truth.

You act like you are breaking news when you state that Oesher works for the Jaguars. He's never pretended otherwise, and he's made it clear he's not stating anything that hasn't been officially announced. 

The guy's you "trust" have talked to Khan or Caldwell? I doubt it. They are just throwing stuff out there. They are no more reliable than Oesher.

Oesher's opinion is that coaching sometimes gets more credit or blame than it should. That's an opinion. And you have an opinion. Your opinion that his "couldn't be further from the truth" is just that - an opinion. But go ahead and claim it to be the truth. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:[Image: video-undefined-22F5A9C400000578-592_638x364.jpg]

You thought I was gone didnt you, Gus to Jacksonville fans

The itch you just can't scratch.

Quote:Anyone thinking Wash stays on as DC? It would be typical of this team to do that.
are you ever not whining

Quote:Yup. I'm on the McDaniels wagon, but there's no reason why someone can argue Smith is a bad coach. The only argument is he hasn't won a SB, and besides Tom, neither have any of the other candidates.

And Coughlin got "lucky". Surely people can't point to specifics as to why the Giants got to the SB. I want a coach who can get to the playoffs. After that it's about timing and luck.

Quote:You act like you are breaking news when you state that Oesher works for the Jaguars. He's never pretended otherwise, and he's made it clear he's not stating anything that hasn't been officially announced. 

The guy's you "trust" have talked to Khan or Caldwell? I doubt it. They are just throwing stuff out there. They are no more reliable than Oesher.

Oesher's opinion is that coaching sometimes gets more credit or blame than it should. That's an opinion. And you have an opinion. Your opinion that his "couldn't be further from the truth" is just that - an opinion. But go ahead and claim it to be the truth. 
:teehee:

Okay...  Wallbash

Quote:[Image: video-undefined-22F5A9C400000578-592_638x364.jpg]

Jaygwires

Quote:Do you get the feeling that Oesher has the same Ham and Cheese sandwich with mustard every day for lunch? Probably comes by the water cooler and finds the nearest person and says something about the weather and every Wednesday mentions how it's hump day. I stopped reading anything with his name attached. If I wanted to listen to a talking head spit out banalities and cliches, I'd watch ESPN, at least they have better graphics

But you prefer the banalities and cliches you read on this message board every day? Ok.

Quote:Yup. I'm on the McDaniels wagon, but there's no reason why someone can argue Smith is a bad coach. The only argument is he hasn't won a SB, and besides Tom, neither have any of the other candidates.

Why is everyone on the McDaniels bandwagon? His ONLY success is with Bill Belichick? Have people really not learned that anyone who comes out of NE is not as good as they make it out to be because of Bill Belichick?

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

After looking at Mike Smith's assistant coaches for the Falcons, I feel much better about him. He hired Mike Mularkey and Dirk Koetter as his offensive coordinators and both have gone on to be current head coaches and have had success. Mularkey is in Tennessee and Koetter is Smith's current boss in Tampa. He also hired Bill Musgrave, Bob Bratkowski and Glenn Thomas as QB coaches. Musgrave has found success as the current OC in Oakland, Bratkowski has done a good job with very little talent, serving as the current WR's coach in Tennessee and Thomas is the QB coach at Temple where he has taken an undersized QB and improved his completion percentage and passer rating and helped contribute to a Top 25 rating for the team. 

With all this said, I now have much more confidence in Mike Smith to hire the right people to improve this offense if he is hired, which I believe he will be.  

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 02:00 PM by Predator_NFLFans.)

Quote:Anyone thinking Wash stays on as DC? It would be typical of this team to do that.

Would be a bad idea. This team has talent to make any DC look good. It's about getting a flexible, creative DC to put ALL of the players in position to succeed. I didn't see Wash as that type of guy... just a Gus clone.
No commercial messages in sigs

What happened to the Tom Cable high demand?  Not a peep so far. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

49ers cleaning house as well.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:What happened to the Tom Cable high demand?  Not a peep so far. 

Being that Tom Cable can't be interviewed until Sunday because the Seahawks are playing a 1st round playoff game Saturday Night,   that might be a reason why he hasn't been mentioned much yet.   It wouldn't surprise me though if Cable has at least one interview on Sunday or Monday.