Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Every time I listen to La Canfora, it sounds to me like he's just throwing stuff against the wall to see if it will stick.  Schefter and Rapaport seem much more reliable.
I'm not huge on JLC, but considering the places he works/has worked at, hard to believe he doesn't know anything.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: Being that Tom Cable can't be interviewed until Sunday because the Seahawks are playing a 1st round playoff game Saturday Night,   that might be a reason why he hasn't been mentioned much yet.   It wouldn't surprise me though if Cable has at least one interview on Sunday or Monday. 

Isn't he the guy who beat up one of his assistant coaches when he was in Oakland?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Isn't he the guy who beat up one of his assistant coaches when he was in Oakland?
What we need around here is tough, if not abusive, coaching.

@aroundthenfl Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan eyeing Broncos opening

https://t.co/a7CIUgtVY7 https://t.co/IfG4FJhbqj

Hope not

Quote:@aroundthenfl Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan eyeing Broncos opening
https://t.co/a7CIUgtVY7 https://t.co/IfG4FJhbqj

Hope not
Super Bowl level defense, bunch of weapons offensively, one of the best FO's in the league.

Doesn't surprise me. It's clearly the top job. Just have to hope Mike Shanahan and Elway's falling out a few years ago gets in the way/he doesn't want to coach the same place his dad did.

Quote:Super Bowl level defense, bunch of weapons offensively, one of the best FO's in the league.

Doesn't surprise me. It's clearly the top job. Just have to hope Mike Shanahan and Elway's falling out a few years ago gets in the way/he doesn't want to coach the same place his dad did.

But no QB.

So did Mike Smith interview today or what?

Quote:So did Mike Smith interview today or what?

He will probably get the job and bring in Mark Duffner in as DC.

Quote:But no QB.

Until they get Romo.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 07:28 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:But no QB.

I mean...they drafted Paxton Lynch in the 1st last year and Semien played ok at times this year. No one as good as Bortles potential wise imo, but if he thinks either can become a top 18 or so QB they can win a lot of games and be a SB contender.

That's what reports said. Goodwin SHOULD have interviewed yesterday too. Doesn't seem like there's any news coming out about how things go like I thought there usually was. Then again, it's only 6:30 EST, he's probably still there. Bill Polian said interviews with HC's usually last 8-12 hours.

To piggyback on this, if thats the case, how the hell is McDaniels doing 3 interviews on Saturday?

Yes.

Quote:Super Bowl level defense, bunch of weapons offensively, one of the best FO's in the league.

Or he really wants dad on the staff.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

@adamshefter Gus Bradley will interview for the Jaguars HC job on Tuesday. David Caldwell stated Gus is determined to win here and has some fresh new ideas.

Quote:Why is everyone on the McDaniels bandwagon? His ONLY success is with Bill Belichick? Have people really not learned that anyone who comes out of NE is not as good as they make it out to be because of Bill Belichick?

It's a name they recognize. Nothing more. He is the flavor of the day. I don't see him as the leading candidate for this job. Take Brady and Belichick out of the equation and he's average at best.

I would be extremely underwhelmed if he was the guy they hire.

Quote:Being that Tom Cable can't be interviewed until Sunday because the Seahawks are playing a 1st round playoff game Saturday Night, that might be a reason why he hasn't been mentioned much yet. It wouldn't surprise me though if Cable has at least one interview on Sunday or Monday.
I'm confident we won't be picking from the Carroll coaching tree for the next hire.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It's a name they recognize. Nothing more. He is the flavor of the day. I don't see him as the leading candidate for this job. Take Brady and Belichick out of the equation and he's average at best.

I would be extremely underwhelmed if he was the guy they hire.

My thoughts exactly, though if he IS named the coach, every fiber in my being would hope to be proven wrong.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

@pfrumors Kyle Shanahan Wants Broncos' HC Job https://t.co/IgDNq1QLIJ https://t.co/EFiTBecJaX

Please no

@brentasjax Doug Marrone will interview with the Jaguars on Thursday we have learned. #ASJax

Im gonna vomit.

Quote:@brentasjax Doug Marrone will interview with the Jaguars on Thursday we have learned. #ASJax

Im gonna vomit.

If he gets hired, nothing will change. We'll be stuck in neutral.

Quote:If he gets hired, nothing will change. We'll be stuck in neutral.
Not my guy, but IDK why this is the thinking. He is NOTHING like Gus. 

Quote:If he gets hired, nothing will change. We'll be stuck in neutral.

The entire outlook of this team changed in just two weeks. What the heck are you talking about?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."