Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Marrone would take this team farther than Gus could of course.

He'd still be dealing with a QB issue and he'd have to make adjustments in the defensive play calling -- but he could probably get this squad near or at .500 right away. 

He's not my first choice  - but I wouldn't hate it -  as long as he came in with guns blazing and shook some things up that haven't been working on both sides of the football. 

I guess it depends on who he keeps on the defensive staff   -   how he affects the philosophy on that side of the ball  -  plus who he hires as a QB coach to work with Blake, Allen and hopefully a new kid.  His success in Jax would rest largely in how he addresses those things IMO.

I think he and Hackett would do well with the offense if they get moderately better QB play. 

That said - I see Caldwell going elsewhere. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The entire outlook of this team changed in just two weeks. What the heck are you talking about?
He's an even more "boring" hire than Mike Smith since he has been on staff.

You're right though, a ton would change. A lot changed in the 2, I repeat, TWO, weeks he was here. He pretty much fits the bill of Exp/Hard nosed and no nonsense/offensive mind coach we are looking for.

If he walks in there and shows Dave/Khan his staff and most of the staff stays, he's being shown the door. So IDK why people think that he's staying which means we aren't changing anything. Hackett might but he also seemed to help Bortles mechanics/how he finished up the season a solid bit. Marrone/Hackett seem to have a good work relationship.

Marrone is a solid candidate though. He was a top guy for NO according to reports if Payton walked and LA requested to interview him. He's widely regarded. Listen to what Peter Schrager said on that interview D6 posted yesterday. Sounds like Tom gave Khan and co. his endoresment to hire the guy (or possibly Belichek, apparently Marrone and Belichek are buddies).

Quote:Marrone would take this team farther than Gus could of course.

He'd still be dealing with a QB issue and he'd have to make adjustments in the defensive play calling -- but he could probably get this squad near or at .500 right away. 

He's not my first choice  - but I wouldn't hate it -  as long as he came in with guns blazing and shook some things up that haven't been working on both sides of the football. 

I guess it depends on who he keeps on the defensive staff   -   how he affects the philosophy on that side of the ball  -  plus who he hires as a QB coach to work with Blake, Allen and hopefully a new kid.  His success in Jax would rest largely in how he addresses those things IMO.

I think he and Hackett would do well with the offense if they get moderately better QB play. 

That said - I see Caldwell going elsewhere. 
You literally hit it out of the park with this post and how I feel.

Quote:The entire outlook of this team changed in just two weeks. What the heck are you talking about?

Not really, that collapse last game was typical Gus Bradley loss.

Quote:Not really, that collapse last game was typical Gus Bradley loss.
How was that on Marrone?

Offense was humming. We missed two FG's that were on solid drives. The defense folded to blow the game at the end. That's not on Marrone, that's on Gus's buddy Todd Wash for going into prevent or whatever the hell that was.

This offense looked night and day better, as did Blake, under Marrone. That's what we need. This defense is going to get better and better regardless of the DC in all honesty.

Quote:How was that on Marrone?

Offense was humming. We missed two FG's that were on solid drives. The defense folded to blow the game at the end. That's not on Marrone, that's on Gus's buddy Todd Wash for going into prevent or whatever the hell that was.

This offense looked night and day better, as did Blake, under Marrone. That's what we need. This defense is going to get better and better regardless of the DC in all honesty.

Marrone was in charge. He could have ordered out of the prevent defense. He should have went for it on 4th and 1. He coached scared in the second half of that game.

Quote:@brentasjax Doug Marrone will interview with the Jaguars on Thursday we have learned. #ASJax

Im gonna vomit.
Oh no. Please don't vomit.

What's wrong with you? You didn't think he would get an interview? Of course he was going to get one.

Get a grip on this stuff man.

Quote:Marrone was in charge. He could have ordered out of the prevent defense. He should have went for it on 4th and 1. He coached scared in the second half of that game.
Hindsight is 20/20. Also, just because he was in charge doesn't mean he goes to Wash and tells him what plays/how to run the defense, especially with just an interim tag/only being HC starting in week 16. 

Go for it on 4th and 1 at midfield? I mean yes, I want our team to be aggressive and we don't have anything to lose but our defense is damn good so I don't blame him. That flips the field position and gives us a chance to force them to drive the length of the field.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 09:14 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Hindsight is 20/20. Also, just because he was in charge doesn't mean he goes to Wash and tells him what plays/how to run the defense, especially with just an interim tag/only being HC starting in week 16. 

Go for it on 4th and 1 at midfield? I mean yes, I want our team to be aggressive and we don't have anything to lose but our defense is damn good so I don't blame him. That flips the field position and gives us a chance to force them to drive the length of the field.
Because this is not madden.  And making a field goal is three points.  Going for it and not making the yard is zero.  Of course missing it is as well.  So just pretend went for it like Toby did in past and didn't get it. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

@nfltrade_rumors Josh McDaniels Considered Top Candidate For 49ers' Job, But No Guarantee He Leaves NE https://t.co/PX2r3kLzUu #49ers https://t.co/gzDdaoFiKI

Sheesh

Quote:Because this is not madden.  And making a field goal is three points.  Going for it and not making the yard is zero.  Of course missing it is as well.  So just pretend went for it like Toby did in past and didn't get it. 
I don't think he's talking about how we didn't go for it on that field goal to put us up 20-17, I think he's talking about late in 1st half/early in 2nd half we tried to draw them offsides on 4th and 1 but didn't work so just punted instead of going for it. It's not smart to do that, but in the last game I can see why most would want to go for it there.

Marrone was a huge upgrade to Gus in those final two games and he obviously wasn't able to put his complete stamp on things.

As for JMD, doesn't surprise me if that's true tbh. He tried to blow up the Broncos when he got there. 49ers are already blown up and he can get his own guys in there.

I think Patricia is going to be the one. 

Just a gut feeling...

Quote:I think Patricia is going to be the one. 

Just a gut feeling...
He hasn't even been officially booked for an interview lol. All that's been said is a guy from NE said they are "expected" to request an interview.

Quote:I think Patricia is going to be the one. 

Just a gut feeling...
They who does Patricia bring in?   I still like Cooter to get an interview. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:He hasn't even been officially booked for an interview lol. All that's been said is a guy from NE said they are "expected" to request an interview.
I realize this, but there is still plenty of time.

Quote:They who does Patricia bring in?   I still like Cooter to get an interview. 
Whoever the hell he wants to bring in. 

Quote:@aroundthenfl Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan eyeing Broncos opening
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://t.co/a7CIUgtVY7'>https://t.co/a7CIUgtVY7</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://t.co/IfG4FJhbqj'>https://t.co/IfG4FJhbqj</a>

Hope not

I mean, he was around when his Ol'Boi was doin his thing in The Mile High.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:I realize this, but there is still plenty of time.
They do, but if he was at the top of the list, why would they wait?

Seems with how quick they are firing these interviews they want to be one of the first teams to get things done and set up a staff unlike what we did with Gus which caused a terrible staff (although Gus would've hired his terrible coach buddies anyway probably). I don't think everyone else has pretty much ALL HC interviews this week, do they? Haven't heard one for us next week.

No matter who we bring in some people will cry about it. I have a good idea of who those few people will be

Quote:No matter who we bring in some people will cry about it. I have a good idea of who those few people will be
Starts with a B and ends with an N?
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.