Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

I hope we hire the HC early next week, Saturday should be the last round of interviews, if its a coach on a playoff team then it will come out they we will hire him when his season is over. 

No reason to drag this out

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How is it dumb? Heard that from more than one place. Grow up dude.
It's dumb because you post so many different tweets from people that have zero credibility. Should I just start posting tweets my friends have? My friend Dave thinks the Jags are going to hire Patricia. Should I post that.

Take a look at the first 40 people that come up for followers of that NFLTrade thing you follow. They're non-users.

So before you post every single tweet that gets you upset because it says "Another team likes Shannahan" stop.... and then don't post it.

Quote:I hope we hire the HC early next week, Saturday should be the last round of interviews, if its a coach on a playoff team then it will come out they we will hire him when his season is over. 

No reason to drag this out
There are candidates that can't interview til next week...wouldn't be so sure.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 12:33 PM by BklynJag.)

@BrentASJax As we told you last night, Doug Marrone expected to interview today with Jags. If Khan and Caldwell stress continuity, Marrone has chance.

Lol, who wants to continue with what this team has done. 3-13 after 4years of rebuilding...why would you want to continue that?

Quote:There are candidates that can't interview til next week...wouldn't be so sure.
Are we even interested in any of those?

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:@BrentASJax As we told you last night, Doug Marrone expected to interview today with Jags. If Khan and Caldwell stress continuity, Marrone has chance.

Lol, who wants to continue with what this team has done. 3-13 after 4years of rebuilding...why would you want to continue that?
did you read his tweet right after? Said he was just suggesting and it was a long shot. 

Quote:did you read his tweet right after? Said he was just suggesting and it was a long shot.
lol

Quote:No im here just for fun. Of course im a fan, but some here are just okay with average. This team is prone to making bone headed moves.
if you were a fan you would of liked the schedule being there is a game in NY you could attend.

Quote:did you read his tweet right after? Said he was just suggesting and it was a long shot.

I dont think its a long shot to be honest. I think its going to be down to Mike Smith or Doug Marrone. Prisco thinks the players are pushing for Marrone.

Quote:Are we even interested in any of those?
Todd Haley is an offensive mind with HC experience. Terryl Austin we've had interest in. etc.

Who knows? Just saying I wouldn't be so sure that we are done interviewing Saturday.

Quote:@BrentASJax As we told you last night, Doug Marrone expected to interview today with Jags. If Khan and Caldwell stress continuity, Marrone has chance.

They don't want to continue that.

There is zero indication that they are keeping anyone from last years staff. They may be interviewing Marrone but I really doubt he gets the job.

Quote:if you were a fan you would of liked the schedule being there is a game in NY you could attend.

Thats the only thing about the schedule i like. Definately going to that game and maybe Pittsburgh if the drive is not too long.

Quote:I dont think its a long shot to be honest. I think its going to be down to Mike Smith or Doug Marrone. Prisco thinks the players are pushing for Marrone.
Oh man, Bklyn with all the sources. 

I think it's going to come down to Kyle Shanahan, Josh McDaniels, Mike Smith, Doug Marrone, or Anthony Lynn.

Watch, I'll be right guys.

Quote:Oh man, Bklyn with all the sources.

To be fair we are all just spitballing our takes too.

Doug Marrone is a decent coach. I wish he had more time to prove to the higher ups that he could be the head coach for the Jaguars. Shad Khan didnt react quick enough and let Bradley play out way farther than it should have. After the Thursday Night debacle, Bradley should of been out the door. That was Doug Marrones chance to prove what hes got. That would of been enough time to judge him and see what he can do with the team. Unfortunately we were stuck with Bradley and after 9 miserable games later which we lost all of them, Bradley got fired and Marrone got 2 games as the interim head coach to baby sit. 

Thats not enough time or enough to convince me that he would be a good head coach. All I see is a solid coach who blew a chance last time he was a head coach. I wish he got a more extensive period as the interim head coach. But he didnt and it costed him a real chance at being the head coach here. 

When you look at the Doug Marrone situation, you have to compare it to the Gus Bradley era. We went 14-48 under him, hiring one of his coordinators is a tough tough sell to the fanbase. Its showing that you dont want change. Let me tell you, they hire Doug Marrone, and I can promise you they would have a disaster of an offseason selling tickets. They are already going to have a time time energizing the fanbase after last season no matter who the head coach is. But I can promise you hiring from within IS NOT the way to go. 

It isnt just about the coach. Khan knows this, they have got to turn the corner and move on. Fans want change, team needs change and the owner needs both. 

Ill go out on a limb and say Dough Marrone will not be the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

Quote:To be fair we are all just spitballing our takes too.
He is picking the two guys he constantly [BLEEP] on and if he's right, he'll tell everyone about it AND complain more.

This is Bklyn 101

Quote:Doug Marrone is a decent coach. I wish he had more time to prove to the higher ups that he could be the head coach for the Jaguars. Shad Khan didnt react quick enough and let Bradley play out way farther than it should have. After the Thursday Night debacle, Bradley should of been out the door. That was Doug Marrones chance to prove what hes got. That would of been enough time to judge him and see what he can do with the team. Unfortunately we were stuck with Bradley and after 9 miserable games later which we lost all of them, Bradley got fired and Marrone got 2 games as the interim head coach to baby sit. 

Thats not enough time or enough to convince me that he would be a good head coach. All I see is a solid coach who blew a chance last time he was a head coach. I wish he got a more extensive period as the interim head coach. But he didnt and it costed him a real chance at being the head coach here. 

When you look at the Doug Marrone situation, you have to compare it to the Gus Bradley era. We went 14-48 under him, hiring one of his coordinators is a tough tough sell to the fanbase. Its showing that you dont want change. Let me tell you, they hire Doug Marrone, and I can promise you they would have a disaster of an offseason selling tickets. They are already going to have a time time energizing the fanbase after last season no matter who the head coach is. But I can promise you hiring from within IS NOT the way to go. 

It isnt just about the coach. Khan knows this, they have got to turn the corner and move on. Fans want change, team needs change and the owner needs both. 

Ill go out on a limb and say Dough Marrone will not be the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

How'd he blow his chance? He got the Bills turned around and left when he had a chance to opt-out which looks like a genius move with that joke of an ownership/gm situation.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 12:48 PM by BklynJag.)

Quote:He is picking the two guys he constantly [BAD WORD REMOVED] on and if he's right, he'll tell everyone about it AND complain more.

This is Bklyn 101
Wrong, its just the moves this team would normally make. Not that hard to be honest.

Quote:I wish Marrone had a longer tenure as interim HC. His last game rubbed me the wrong way. Had we dominated the 2nd half, I may have felt differently. I just feel like this team needs some new blood even if the majority of that is perception.

Henne has to go as well. The guys is just terrible and obviously a horrible influence on Bortles.

Yep.  At minimum, Gus should have been gone after the Game 7 Thursday Night game vs the Titans (27-0 at halftime).   At that time, we were 2-5 and came off of horrible losses vs the Raiders & Titans in which we were really never in either game.