Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 04:22 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:I get that.  But everyone wants to break the story same time. 
Kinda like we do with rotoworld and different places come fa day. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Peter Schrager also said Mike Smith to JAX most likely I think. Not just Clayton. So has Mike Kaye and Pete Prisco.
So we got Vegas handicapping Shannahan as the coach. Others who think Smith. Others who think McDaniels.

It's almost like no one knows what will happen..... WHOA!

Is Kyle Shanahan going to want to coach Jax after they embarrassed his dad's Broncos in 96?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I just hope it's an offensive guy.
What ya got against a special team ace? lol

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Other teams postinf on twitter after they interview a guy. Only way we know if we're doing anything is if schefty or rappaport say something.

Whats the point of being hidden like that?

What else is there to say? Everyone knows who is interviewing with us, that information is shared around the league.

Quote:So we got Vegas handicapping Shannahan as the coach. Others who think Smith. Others who think McDaniels.

I'd put my money on Shanahan rn.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Again, I think all of those guys are connecting the same dots I did months ago. I think the inside workings are pointing to Shanahan. We'll see. At this point, after thinking over it more, I'd rather go for Shanahan than Smith.

Well, I mean, Schrager said what hes hearing from inside sources. Dont think its the same.

I prefer Shanny by a little, but Im good with either. Just saying I think most is just speculation. Ive heard things about Joseph but theres been a ton of people pointing Shanny to Denver too. Theyve both been heavily linked.

Quote:What else is there to say? Everyone knows who is interviewing with us, that information is shared around the league.

So, why not post on social media tell fans afterwards if guys like Schefter and co. already got stuff out there like other teams?

I really dont care, just dont see why they dont do it.

I want Shanahan so I hope that's true. It's just hard imagining Shanahan would pick us over the Broncos

Kyle Shanahan or Mike Smith. I'd be happy with either. 

Quote:Coughlin isn't going to be the next head coach here because they probably want a fresh face and new ideas and possibilities than going conservative with an old fogy. Like, Coughlin is the move you make if you just want to play it safe and hope for respectability over the next 2-3 years. Shanahan is a move you make if you're hoping for the next rising NFL head coach star. I'd commend Caldwell for taking a chance on Shanahan and not being conservative and going with Coughlin.
I wouldn't call Coughlin a conservative choice. 

Shanahan is absolutely a great candidate and Id love him here. Point is, would a young and upcoming coordinator chose Jacksonville? Given that the GM is on the hot seat and theres a good chance he gets fired next year and could take the coach with him. 

Quote:So, why not post on social media tell fans afterwards if guys like Schefter and co. already got stuff out there like other teams?

I really dont care, just dont see why they dont do it.

Just an oversight I'd say.

Quote:So we got Vegas handicapping Shannahan as the coach. Others who think Smith. Others who think McDaniels.

meanwhile Alfie continues to implode on his twitter account. After harassing the former mascot and telling him "F you" he continues to go on a tirade about how the Jaguars are not giving him enough information to talk about and how we are a terrible team. 

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 04:33 PM by MojoKing.)

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18414243/altanta-falcons-oc-kyle-shanahan-definitely-ready-nfl-head-coach'>http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18414243/altanta-falcons-oc-kyle-shanahan-definitely-ready-nfl-head-coach</a>
I gather from that article that the Jags and Broncos are his two options. Which we've already known.

Broncos- follow his dads legacy

Jags - Stay close to where his family could potentially stay in Atlanta. Start a new legacy. Have more offensive fire power

He talked about the Broncos as if they were the only organization with a HC vacancy wanting to win a super bowl

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday....ent=safari

God this has the feeling of a #jaguarsmoment... Just IMAGINE jags hire Lynn and Bobblehead Gus is the DC. Wherever Lynn goes, supposedly Bradley is coming along as DC. Why the heck would the Jags interview this guy? Not Rooney Rule because they are interviewing Goodwin. Would be such a classic move.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/gus-bradley-anthony-lynn-jacksonville-jaguars-awkward/amp?client=safari'>https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/gus-bradley-anthony-lynn-jacksonville-jaguars-awkward/amp?client=safari</a>

God this has the feeling of a #jaguarsmoment... Just IMAGINE jags hire Lynn and Bobblehead Gus is the DC. Wherever Lynn goes, supposedly Bradley is coming along as DC. Why the heck would the Jags interview this guy? Not Rooney Rule because they are interviewing Goodwin. Would be such a classic move.

Lynn is a very good offensive mind is why we'd interview him. Gus wouldnt come here so calm down.

DC has a prior relationship with Mike Smith that seems like the most likely choice.  I'm indifferent about it.  It's hard to get excited over s retread but he did well in Atlanta.

Quote:If Marrone doesn't get the job, does he pull a Rick Vaughn on Dave when he thought he got cut by Lou Brown?

The 2nd half of the Clot game left a sour taste about Marrone for me.

Me too, plus I didn't care for his explanation as to why he didn't go for it. He talked about it coming down to his philosophy to use up his opponents time outs???? I just don't know about that being the deciding factor, and it may have played a role in the loss.

The loss really bites for Marrone because a win would have evened up his record at 17-17, but instead he's now 16-18.

'02

Quote:Is Kyle Shanahan going to want to coach Jax after they embarrassed his dad's Broncos in 96?

Yes, because they totally forgot the fact that they went on to win Super Bowls while we became one of the worst franchise in the NFL