Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:bklyn wants us to keep marrone so bad so he has something to whine about all season

He is TMD 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I see what you're saying but there should not be a single coach held over from last season. Not one. A brand new coach who has no rapport with the players is what this team needs. Fresh new eyes on the players.

Marrone is being considered and thats fine. People are speculating right now that he's the favorite but this is before Shanahan comes in. 

If Marrone is the HC, I would need McCoy to come in and be the OC and Wade Phillips come be the DC to feel good about it.

If Marrone is HC and keeps Hackett, we have problems.

I am not sure we would have problems if he kept Hackett. Hackett has done a good job. There is probably room to upgrade over hackett....mccoy would be a top option and i really hope if its marrone that he overhauls the defensive staff. i know wash statistically looked ok, but i wouldnt be happy if marrone kept wash. im hoping he can bring mike pettine to town. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

It's a telling sign that Shanahan, McDaniels, and Smith which are the best candidates seem to be passing up the job because they dont want to be tied to Caldwell for a lame duck season and only be here for a year. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

What are the reasons some of you want Marrone? I would really like to know. Because to me, he was part of the problem the last two years.

Quote:Khan should just sell the team, he obviously does not know how to run a team.
A guy who started out washing dishes for a living and now is one of the richest owners in the NFL would seem to have far more credability then you when making team decisions.

Quote:It's a telling sign that Shanahan, McDaniels, and Smith which are the best candidates seem to be passing up the job because they dont want to be tied to Caldwell for a lame duck season and only be here for a year. 

oh where did you see/hear that?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I don't have anything in particular against Marrone, as long as he cleans house and gets rid of the coaching staff... it needs to be a different look and different feel. We can't have Ramsey and Fowler talking about being caged animals and then you retain that same exact coaching staff.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:He is TMD

No. As annoying as TMD was, he at least spoke intelligently. Bklyn...not so much.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Khan should just sell the team, he obviously does not know how to run a team.
Dude. Get a grip. No one has been hired yet.

You're getting upset for no reason.

Quote:What are the reasons some of you want Marrone? I would really like to know. Because to me, he was part of the problem the last two years.

I have listed reasoning before in other threads but just a quick recap:

1. He is the opposite of gus, very football smart, all about winning, no nonsense kinda guy

2. In my opinion based on his track record, he is a good coach. he showed great improvement to the syracuse program and in 2 seasons improved the bills. just in two games with the jags as head coach we looked like a different team as well.

3. He brings with him better staff, higher profile guys. one which would be a possibility for us is mike pettine as DC.

4. The players seem to respect him and respond to his coaching.

5. He is well respected around the league among his coaching peers. you can find articles that back that up as well as the most recent endorsement from the man in the hoodie himself.

i know marrone was part of the staff while gus was in charge and we were a joke, but i have seen plenty of times, a business can switch out just one person at the time and things greatly change and improve for the better. you cant fault marrone for mistakes the team made when he had a boss to answer to and he cant just go over the bosses head, thats not the way it works.

I do fault the front office for not canning gus sooner and seeing marrone in action for more games, but this is where we are at now. 

Quote:oh where did you see/hear that?

No official reports, but from reading twitter, and other stuff online, it feels like Khan is letting the clients know Caldwell has 1 year and that everything is predicated on him not the coach.

Quote:It's a telling sign that Shanahan, McDaniels, and Smith which are the best candidates seem to be passing up the job because they dont want to be tied to Caldwell for a lame duck season and only be here for a year. 

How do you know they do not want to come here?

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:What are the reasons some of you want Marrone? I would really like to know. Because to me, he was part of the problem the last two years.
Yeah I've been saying they should keep David Caldwell but if he hires Marrone i'm finished with him.

Quote:bklyn wants us to keep marrone so bad so he has something to whine about all season
He doesn't need that happening to whine. Haha.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

So they're passing on the job even though Shanny and McDaniels haven't interviewed anywhere yet? And that includes Jacksonville?

Smith is the only one who has interviewed and I highly doubt he would only interview here. He is also seeing what other teams got.

Get a grip.

I am not all that caught up with Marrone being the next head coach, but he was line coach and with all the injuries and lack of talent he did a very good job with what he had to work with. So I can't put him as part of the problem when as soon as he became the intrum head coach he change the mind set from getting better evey day to winning as the focus for the players. He also ended eating and hoodies in meetings something that should never have been accepted by the head coach. So I see why some feel he may be a better head coach then Gus. Also his record as a head coach in college and pros is some what impressive.

Quote:No official reports, but from reading twitter, and other stuff online, it feels like Khan is letting the clients know Caldwell has 1 year and that everything is predicated on him not the coach.

you are literally projecting your own opinion and just making that up. 

If Marrone is hired, it likely means Caldwell and Marrone have to get to 7-8 wins or more to keep their jobs. If not we clean house and new regime next year.

I do think Marrone will do that above though.

It really won't be continuity really though unless we keep most of defensive staff. Hackett jad to use Olsens playbook and Marrone is way better than Gus.

Quote:So they're passing on the job even though Shanny and McDaniels haven't interviewed anywhere yet? And that includes Jacksonville?

Smith is the only one who has interviewed and I highly doubt he would only interview here. He is also seeing what other teams got.

Get a grip.

You would be naive to think anybody who interviews here wouldnt be put off by working with a GM who only has 1 year left and hasn't even been given or considered an extension.

Think about that.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 11:16 AM by GlockBortles.)

The oline coach of a bad oline getting promoted off two games as interim and an unimpressive stint with the bills and Blake Bortles is still our quarterback. This is the dream fellas.