Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:It's not only about name recognition. It's about reversing this losing culture that has been instilled here for the past four years and I just don't believe you fix that with someone who was on that same staff. I think this team needs new eyes and a new vision... some outsider perspective. 

But what do I know? I'm just a dumb fan. And a STH as well.

Hey, I'm as dumb as you and a STH as well.

I just think this whole "culture" stuff is way overblown. What does that even mean? Watch - win a few games and that culture talk goes away real quick. We all know examples in which players hated each other, or the coach, and won championships. Or they all loved won another and stunk as a team.

And don't get me started on the "vision" thing. All buzz words that don't mean a thing. Get a coach who knows what he's doing, and some good players and Shazzam! - a new culture. 

And for all we know Doug Marrone may know what he's doing.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Your missing the point, its not just ticket sales that I'm talking about. Nobody said hiring Shanahan is going to create 40 thousand in ticket sales. Im saying that from a marketing standpoint which is more than just ticket sales, your going to have a tough time selling to the fan base "hey, I know we went 3-13, but we just hired his assistant go take his place and lead us to the promise land". Isnt going to work that way, your going to get a ton of negative feedback and honestly, it looks bad. 

Personally, it would be a stupid decision. I hope we go a different direction. 

I'll end with this - looks don't matter, wins do. Regardless of who comes in the fan base will be skeptical. So why do you care if it's Marrone or McDaniels, etc.? No one is going to lead to a bump in sales until the wins come. If Marrone bring wins the fans will come. If Shanahan or whoever doesn't win the fans won't show up. Simple as that. 

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 02:14 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Unbelievable.  When all it takes for Marrone to say Gus.  I think this and that would work better.  And Gus can say no.  Marrone turned a dreadful bills into a winning season.  The first in 10 years and that was a bad thing.   He also beat out a heading to playoffs team.  That stomped us weeks earlier with lack of preparation and blew them out.  (but it was meaning less right?)   

And then continued to do the same to the colts.  And had we made that field goal.  Would of the clots came back?   Who knows.  But since end of year divisional rivals don't matter.  Plus got a recommendation from a superbowl coach.  (Yet even though had dinner with Khan)  No way it could of been tom right?  

Hackett has done a great job with lack of options and so has marrone.   Yet you want a business to ignore all those facts.   And had some success and instead go a different route.   For someone who he has yet to see produce.  

Lets bring in Mcdaniels who failed in Denver.  Mike who was here from 2002-2007 and yes 2007 we went to playoffs.  But yet the majority of time failed. Kyle. While interesting.  Has zero hc experience.  And his offenses of the past wont matter.  Cause he wont call the plays nor design them.  

So Marrone is a bad choice.  Cause a message board with zero nfl experience.  Let alone coaching says it is.  Over a guy who has became a billionaire out of nothing.  And a guy who turned his last franchise around.  And predicted an upcoming dumpster fire so walked away.  

So yes I am fine with Marrone cause fits Jacksonville.  And no he won't keep Todd.  Because has no ties to him. And maybe wont Hackett either. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Slow news day...

[Image: IMG_7861_zpsqx69gsoh.jpeg]

If Marrone wins. I don't care if he is the sexy pick or not. Either will the fans. We just want to win baby!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I kind of want Marrone to get hired just to see how Shad and Caldwell try to spin it as a positive. I might let out a belly laugh if they stress "continuity" and "heading in the right direction" after a 15-49 stretch. Pure comedy.

But Marrone will never make the Jags Great again. That I can tell ya.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

At least we got the colts to keep their coach and GM around lol

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I kind of want Marrone to get hired just to see how Shad and Caldwell try to spin it as a positive. I might let out a belly laugh if they stress "continuity" and "heading in the right direction" after a 15-49 stretch. Pure comedy.

Pretty much

I wonder if the Jags make a strong enough push and give Shanahan an offer today

Quote:I wonder if the Jags make a strong enough push and give Shanahan an offer today

This is my hope.

Where else would he go? MAYBE LA. Denver sounds likely to go Vance Joseph.

I belive Shanahan has an interview lined up with Denver tomorrow so I doubt he commits to anything until after that.

Quote:I belive Shanahan has an interview lined up with Denver tomorrow so I doubt he commits to anything until after that.

He wouldnt commit, i mean we have interviews with Lynn and McDaniels too, but get the framework of a deal done and let him know next week if hes our guy or not.

Quote:I kind of want Marrone to get hired just to see how Shad and Caldwell try to spin it as a positive. I might let out a belly laugh if they stress "continuity" and "heading in the right direction" after a 15-49 stretch. Pure comedy.

You can't tell us anything.

The beauty of owning a team is that you don't have to spin anything. You say this is the choice we made. We hope it works.

You do realize, don't you, that you are not required to agree with his decision? You are allowed to laugh or cry. Neither will matter.

Quote:You can't tell us anything.

The beauty of owning a team is that you don't have to spin anything. You say this is the choice we made. We hope it works.

You do realize, don't you, that you are not required to agree with his decision? You are allowed to laugh or cry. Neither will matter.

...says the guy who was convinced Gabbert was the man.

Please, we don't need you to tell us anything.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

If the Colts were to get rid of Pagano, what are your thoughts on him as a DC here?

Man, people LOVE Marrone it seems like on all these shows where they talk about coaches. Adam Caplan just said theres no reason he shouldnt get a Hc gig somewhere. Seen very highly in league.

Why do people want Shanahan here? He has zero HC experience. I'd rather not play roulette with another coordinator.

Quote:Why do people want Shanahan here? He has zero HC experience. I'd rather not play roulette with another coordinator.

Hes helped every QB hes had have the hest year of their career. Ryan was on a decline until this year with Shanny. And he knows what it takes with his dad. Not exactly the normal coordinator with his experience.

Quote:Man, people LOVE Marrone it seems like on all these shows where they talk about coaches. Adam Caplan just said theres no reason he shouldnt get a Hc gig somewhere. Seen very highly in league.

Yeah, but everyone here knows better.  He's dum.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Yeah, but everyone here knows better. He's dum.

You cant blame these guys. Fresh faces is exciting and we have been terrible for 4 years. I get it.

These people saying if we hire Marrone we'll suck is hilarious though. Marrone has hc experience with success, offensive mind, hard nosed and holds players accountable, etc. Hes a great fit.

Im with others in wanting to clean house, but Marrone would make sweeping changes as far as how this team runs. Id be disappointed if he kept Wash though. We need to grt away from that Seattle [BLEEP] imo.