Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:You cant blame these guys. Fresh faces is exciting and we have been terrible for 4 years. I get it.

Gus was a fresh face when he was hired.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hes helped every QB hes had have the hest year of their career. Ryan was on a decline until this year with Shanny. And he knows what it takes with his dad. Not exactly the normal coordinator with his experience.

yeah but as a head coach, how much coaching of the QB will he get to do?  Not much at all.  That's what the QB coach and offensive coordinator will do.

I think he is too young and inexperienced.  This franchise is better off getting an experienced guy, IMO.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:yeah but as a head coach, how much coaching of the QB will he get to do? Not much at all. That's what the QB coach and offensive coordinator will do.

I think he is too young and inexperienced. This franchise is better off getting an experienced guy, IMO.

Adam Gase improved a 5th year QB in Tannehill...you'd be surprised. He may do a lot of other things but hed put his spin on Bortles.

Quote:Gus was a fresh face when he was hired.

I'm with ya man.

Id rather a fresh face, but I dont get the outcry against Marrone. Hes right there with Smith for my as option 3, but prefer Smith due to proven success and a brand new staff.

Quote:You can't tell us anything.

The beauty of owning a team is that you don't have to spin anything. You say this is the choice we made. We hope it works.

You do realize, don't you, that you are not required to agree with his decision? You are allowed to laugh or cry. Neither will matter.

Good lord, you have to be the most insufferable, condescending individual on this board.

Of course I realize that my input has no bearing on what Khan decides to do with his team.

You do realize, don't you, that I am allowed to have an opinion and share it here. This is, after all, a message board.

You do realize, don't you, that people wouldn't think you were such a dick head if you spent more time talking about the Jags than complaining about other posters.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherRepor...wsrc%5Etfw

Per Jason Colle, the Jaguars "commitment" to Blake Bortles has caused concerns for 2 prospective coaches.

Quote:I'm with ya man.

Id rather a fresh face, but I dont get the outcry against Marrone. Hes right there with Smith for my as option 3, but prefer Smith due to proven success and a brand new staff.

Not that Marrone isnt successful, but Smith wrnt to playoffs 4 or 5 yrs.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/817463102471958528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw'>https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/817463102471958528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw</a>

Per Jason Colle, the Jaguars "commitment" to Blake Bortles has caused concerns for 2 prospective coaches.

And if true, this is one of the reasons I wanted to get rid of Caldwell as well.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/817463102471958528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw'>https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/817463102471958528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw</a>

I know right now that I might be in the minority but I'm glad they're committed to Blake. With a properly guided coaching staff he's going to get back to himself next season. We would be fools to let him walk and start winning for another team.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:And if true, this is one of the reasons I wanted to get rid of Caldwell as well.

Me too, Chris Morteson reported last week that it's "common knowledge" around the league that David Caldwell is committed to Blake Bortles

Jason Cole is not reliable what so ever, but hope it isnt true.

Honestly though, what are you getting thats better? Look at the draft and FA, no one has more upside for 2017.

What else is currently out there though?  And Caldwell said no one was not replaceable. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I know right now that I might be in the minority but I'm glad they're committed to Blake. With a properly guided coaching staff he's going to get back to himself next season. We would be fools to let him walk and start winning for another team.

no reason to "let him walk" but you say you're committed to him just as much you're committed to other players on the roster.  If the coaching staff evaluates and finds a better QB or competition, you bring it in.

I fear that with Bortles, we're having a maximum of 6 wins next year, regardless of coach and talent.

Quote:I know right now that I might be in the minority but I'm glad they're committed to Blake. With a properly guided coaching staff he's going to get back to himself next season. We would be fools to let him walk and start winning for another team.

Why wouldnt they be? Bring in competition but hes our best chance to win. If we do poorly next year hes gone for sure and the HC can get his own guy.

I think its BS. No way any HC loves one of these prospects or Brian Hoyer or Mike Glennon over him.

Quote:Adam Gase improved a 5th year QB in Tannehill...you'd be surprised. He may do a lot of other things but hed put his spin on Bortles.

Tannehill still sucks did you watch him at all this year? His only good games were when his running game took off.. and even then he got hurt and moore took over and they didn't change at all lol..

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:no reason to "let him walk" but you say you're committed to him just as much you're committed to other players on the roster. If the coaching staff evaluates and finds a better QB or competition, you bring it in.

I fear that with Bortles, we're having a maximum of 6 wins next year, regardless of coach and talent.

If he plays like this year? I agree. If he fixes his mechanics and hes like 2015, we have a legit shot at .500 or better pending on how coaching is.

Quote:Tannehill still sucks did you watch him at all this year? His only good games were when his running game took off.. and even then he got hurt and moore took over and they didn't change at all lol..

He isnt great no, but hes better than last year and they won 10 games with him behind center.

Quote:Jason Cole is not reliable what so ever, but hope it isnt true.

Honestly though, what are you getting thats better? Look at the draft and FA, no one has more upside for 2017.

I don't blame David for being commited to Blake, given the fact that he invested the 3rd overall pick in him just 3 years ago. The question I have is his commitment to Bortles the right thing for this franchise? It's not just about Blake and David Caldwell, again we don't know if this report is true but if it is, the scaring off of potential coaches due to their concerns of Blake isn't fair this franchise or its fan base. The Jaguars need an objective unbiased source to evaluate this roster and ESPECIALLY the QB position.

Quote:If he plays like this year? I agree. If he fixes his mechanics and hes like 2015, we have a legit shot at .500 or better pending on how coaching is.

well, I don't think his 2015 was that good to be honest with you.  He will lose a few games for you that you should win with his inopportune turnovers.

his numbers in 2015 looked good - but his 1st half performance digs us a hole almost always.  I want to see his numbers in the 1st half vs 2nd half (when we are already down).

I think even with the 2015 Bortles - this team that just went 3-13 maybe goes 6-10 and we're still nowhere close.  He's not the guy.

Quote:https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherRepor...wsrc%5Etfw

Rumor-mill herp-derp.

Caldwell came right out in his presser and said the next coach would have input on who starts at QB.  

I call "male-cow-dung" on that one.