Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Getting Texans with no QB to playoffs twice in 2 yrs is impressive. Id take him. Wont happen though I dont think.
He wont get fired, they will beat the Raiders tomorrow.  Clowney gonna cause havoc

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hey, I have no problem with opinions like that. My problem is bklyn loves a guy that bombed everywhere outside of NE and tears down a guy thats done very solid everywhere hes been an OC and HC.

Show me where i said i loved Mcdaniels?

Quote:i loved Mcdaniels

Right here. :woot:

Quote:He wont get fired, they will beat the Raiders tomorrow.  Clowney gonna cause havoc
They have no qb right?  Carr is done I believe. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 01:15 AM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:Show me where i said i loved Mcdaniels?
Umm, everytime you post a report of McDaniels likely ending up elsewhere you throw a panic attack saying how Khan and Caldwell need to be gone and we're being stupid.

If you dont think highly of McDaniels you sure have a weird way of showing it considering you act like the sky is falling everytime his name comes up somehwere that isnt JAX.

I also know you have posted it elsewhere that you want him. Im not going to waste my time going through old threads.

If you want to use semantics that you just like him, not love him, go for it. Doesnt change the fact that your reasoning makes zero sense.

Just makes it look more and more like you are trolling with everyone constantly. You pretty much set up all this just so you can complain non-stop once something happens.

I think not wanting Marrone cause he was part of the Gus staff is reason enough.
No Fun

Quote:I think not wanting Marrone cause he was part of the Gus staff is reason enough.

They just dont understand that.

I just want a fresh perspective around the team even Mike Smith would be fresh to our current players.
No Fun

Why is everyone thinking Marrone is getting the job.  I don't see anything saying Smith is going to the Chargers or McDaniels to the Niners. They're interviewing with them but they're interviewing(ed) here as well.   Am I missing something?

Quote:They just dont understand that.

Who doesnt?

No one is saying people who feel that way are wrong. People are annoyed by you who whines eveytime someone tweets something.

As for me, you said Marrone isnt qualified. You say McDaniels would be a good hire. That literally makes no sense.

You dont want Marrone because he was on Gus's staff? Fine. But dont say stuff like that and expect no one to speak up or call you out on that.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 01:28 AM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:Why is everyone thinking Marrone is getting the job. I don't see anything saying Smith is going to the Chargers or McDaniels to the Niners. They're interviewing with them but they're interviewing(ed) here as well. Am I missing something?
Because he had a long interview yesterday and Hicken on 1010xl said he thinks Marrone gets it.

That means hes our next coach...right?

Wait a sec....

Quote:They have no qb right?  Carr is done I believe. 
Penn is out too, their LT

Quote:How'd you guys feel if Bill O'Brien gets fired and we hire him?

Anything is better than keeping someone from our current staff. Keeping Marrone would be like someone bragging how they got you the best Christmas gift. You get really excited and the anticipation builds. Finally on Christmas you open that gift and find out it's a pair of socks taken from your own sock drawer. O'Brien wouldn't be my first choice, but he's done a good job with what he's had to work with. I'd be o.k. with him. 

Quote:I think not wanting Marrone cause he was part of the Gus staff is reason enough.

Quote:I just want a fresh perspective around the team even Mike Smith would be fresh to our current players.

The Bucs fired Lovie Smith after going 6-10 in 2015, which was Jameis Winston's rookie season. Instead of hiring an outside candidate they ended up promoting Dirk Koetter. That has worked well for them since they've just finished the season 9-7.

Sometimes there is an internal candidate that can do a better job than the guy that has just been fired. Is Marrone an attractive hire like Josh McDaniels or one of the top 2017 head coaching candidates? Not really, but he did have a 9-7 finish with a Bills team with a significantly less talented offense. Our defense has the potential to be as good, if not better than his Bills defense was, combine that with our offense and Marrone could have a fair amount of success with us.

Don't get me wrong, I can see where you are coming from that you want fresh perspective from an outside guy. That could be the best route, but it is not always the one teams pick.

Ok, I'll make a quick cameo to ask the actual question that is being begged. Why in the world have you all had to spend the last 10 pages arguing about Marrone? We have had him on our staff for two years now, under potentially the worst HC of all time. Out of all of the HC options to be discussing Marrone should be the one that there should be absolutely zero questions about. 

He should have had a sample size of at least half the season, and instead of bickering about him there should be a clear "yes he truly turned the team around" or "no the common short interim spike is all it was."

We only have our front office to blame for having so much obfuscation when it comes to the only candidate that we should have a perfectly clear picture about. Especially if he is possibly the leading candidate as many think. It's truly bewildering. 

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 06:03 AM by KYjaggy.)

Unfortunately, the two most likely answers to that are no less disconcerting. 

1. They weren't seriously considering Marrone and he surpassed their expectations in his 2 week audition. In which case they also have no clue if the team's response was real or if it was the interim spike, and they are gambling the future of the franchise on the only option they could have passed through an in depth filter. 

2. Their preferred candidates are not showing nearly as much interest in the job as they hoped, and Marrone was the distant fallback option that they are now having to resort to. 

And I'm not against Marrone per se. I think he is a good coach and would do an ok job. It would just show, in one way or another, that the process was seriously screwed up if the answer is Marrone. 

Quote:How'd you guys feel if Bill O'Brien gets fired and we hire him?

You'd almost have to interview him. He's a great HC, but when he talks every other word is a cuss word. Dude has the biggest potty mouth I've ever seen. You'd never be able to accurately quote him on this board.

There are also a few more names to keep in mind as coordinators playing in WC games cannot yet interview. So if the coaching search takes a little longer, there's still a chance we might hear about an additional interview or two with Vance Joseph, Teryl Austin or Jim Bob Cooter.

'02

Quote:You'd almost have to interview him. He's a great HC, but when he talks every other word is a cuss word. Dude has the biggest potty mouth I've ever seen. You'd never be able to accurately quote him on this board.

There are also a few more names to keep in mind as coordinators playing in WC games cannot yet interview. So if the coaching search takes a little longer, there's still a chance we might hear about an additional interview or two with Vance Joseph, Teryl Austin or Jim Bob Cooter.

Throw in Todd Haley's name as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."