Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:You're settling for a lesser candidate because your preferred choice(s) went elsewhere.

I guess if you wwnt to make it sound that way fine. Still nothing they can do about it if someone doesnt want to come here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Theyve played better but their lack of talent is wild.

defensive line is okay with suh and wake

linebackers are bad, probably the worst core in the league.

cornerbacks are

Xavien Howard - rookie

Byron Maxwell

Tony lippett - rookie who converted to cornerback from wide receiver

i believe their best safety is injured too so hes working with some really bad materials and doing relatively okay. He would make our defense great in my opinion.
Alonso is one of the better LB in the league

Quote:I've been hoping to hear something about the Jags asking to interview Haley myself. 

Why isn't he on anyone's list?  Simms said its because the Steelers are in the playoffs but Shanahan and McDaniels are interviewing.  

Quote:Why isn't he on anyone's list? Simms said its because the Steelers are in the playoffs but Shanahan and McDaniels are interviewing.

Because of the rules:

Quote:Playoff teams without bye

Coaches on teams playing wild card weekend cannot interview during the week of the wild card game. If a team loses, the "non-playoff teams" rules listed above apply. If a team wins, their coaches must be allowed to interview the week leading up to the divisional round games. The interview must take place in the city of the assistant's team, and the team can decide which day they will allow their assistant coaches to interview for head coach positions. The first interview must take place during that divisional round week.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Alonso is one of the better LB in the league

No he's not, he hasnt been effective since he's rookie season in Buffalo. Miami's linebacking core (and defense in general) is just bad from a talent standpoint

Quote:Why isn't he on anyone's list?  Simms said its because the Steelers are in the playoffs but Shanahan and McDaniels are interviewing.  

Yeah, the playoffs are just keeping him from interviews and the ensuing rumor mill, but many folks here and elsewhere named him as a "candidate" for various vacancies weeks ago. 

No idea if he's on Caldwell's short list or not. 

Quote:No he's not, he hasnt been effective since he's rookie season in Buffalo. Miami's linebacking core (and defense in general) is just bad from a talent standpoint
i disagree, Alonso is one of the more underrated players in the league

Quote:We need to give Todd Haley a interview.

I thought we were already wasting too much time as it is?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I want to interview Haley but with all the openings you want to be one of the first ones. If they really love one of these top 3 we should get it done if those guys are considering other offers. If we're down to Marrone than there's no reason not to try and land Haley.

I'd say this, if in some way Haley becomes the coach, a lot of people will mock a rb to us early to create that makeshift Steelers trio

Quote:I'd say this, if in some way Haley becomes the coach, a lot of people will mock a rb to us early to create that makeshift Steelers trio

Why? We have Yeldon who is essentially a LeVeon Bell clone... /sarcasm

Quote:Why? We have Yeldon who is essentially a LeVeon Bell clone... /sarcasm
so true.......

Quote:so true.......

He's exactly like him except for the fact that He sucks. Other than that.....

Quote:Why? We have Yeldon who is essentially a LeVeon Bell clone... /sarcasm
i honesty think the Yeldon pick was the worst pick Dave has made out of all 4 drafts. The Joke was considered the best prispect in the draft he just didnt pan out. Bortles has great potential and have seen glempses. But the Yeldon pick was horrible, he wasnt even that good in college, took him in the 2nd round, and there were way better RBs in that class we could of took. It was pretty much unanimous on this booard that Yeldon was a horrible pick and a big reach.

Crazy how Dave picked Yeldon out of all the great backs. Horrible pick, makes me question if Dave knows what a good back is. Yeldon was never that good and far from a 2nd round pick in any draft

Quote:i honesty think the Yeldon pick was the worst pick Dave has made out of all 4 drafts. The Joke was considered the best prispect in the draft he just didnt pan out. Bortles has great potential and have seen glempses. But the Yeldon pick was horrible, he wasnt even that good in college, took him in the 2nd round, and there were way better RBs in that class we could of took. It was pretty much unanimous on this booard that Yeldon was a horrible pick and a big reach.
I didn't want Yeldon but didn't think it was a horrible reach.  A mild reach, sure.   I also don't remember any unanimous dislike of the pick.

I remember a lot of people saying  "not the guy I wanted - but glad we got one of the higher ranked backs." 

Either way -  I think Yeldon can still be a very productive as a #2 back with a marginally better line. 

Quote:Crazy how Dave picked Yeldon out of all the great backs. Horrible pick, makes me question if Dave knows what a good back is. Yeldon was never that good and far from a 2nd round pick in any draft

I think Yeldon is a good back, I like his game a lot. He has quick feet, is shifty, has good vision, catches the ball well etc... It wouldn't surprise me at all if Yeldon surprises people next year, he Jags need to rebuild the interior of it's offensive line with guys who can move defensive linemen all off the ball. Greg Cosell (well respected draft analyst) is a big fan of Yeldon is well

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...32748.html

When you really think about it, Caldwell picks a lot of projects rather than known commodities unless it's obvious

The only knock I have on Yeldon is he doesn't seem to have that extra breakaway gear even though his 40 was faster than Bell.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I didn't want Yeldon but didn't think it was a horrible reach.  A mild reach, sure.   I also don't remember any unanimous dislike of the pick.

I remember a lot of people saying  "not the guy I wanted - but glad we got one of the higher ranked backs." 

Either way -  I think Yeldon can still be a very productive as a #2 back with a marginally better line. 
Here is when we picked him

https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to...tj-yeldon/

Yeldon was a huge reach for that draft.  Yeldon wasnt even that good at Ala.  He wasnt even a top 5 RB in that daft in college, as a prospect, or as a pro.  Horrible pick by Dave